The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 72

RIP Boycie
(John Challis)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th September 2021, 10:56 AM

RIP Jimmy Greaves

Oh no. Inevitable I suppose. Yes - played for both Chelsea and Spurs. Got to be a unifying tribute today.

Let's hope another of his old teams wins today.

Brilliant goal scoring record for England. 44 in 57 matches. Nowadays there are so many internationals played against menial teams that i don't think those who've overtaken him can really be considered in the same class.

Didn't he get the short straw in 1966?

(I originally typoed 1066) Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th September 2021, 2:57 PM

Didn't he get the short straw in 1966?

(I originally typoed 1066) Laughing out loud

An injury. And don't pretend you're too young to know!

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2021, 3:21 PM

An injury. And don't pretend you're too young to know!

I just about remember my Dad telling me this, as I stood there in me short trousers.

I don't do RIPs as they are miserable.

But Greavesie and Boycie - it's double horrible news. :(

RIP Robert Fyfe

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd September 2021, 10:32 PM

RIP Robert Fyfe

?

OK. Looked it up now. I never knew his name. I bet he was saddle-sore.

RIP

Alan Lancaster - Quo's bassist during the 'proper' years

Sir Roger Hunt,, he was a great player who along with Callaghan and Lawler were real local gents. I see Chris Lawler most days as he lives near.
Even as a Blue I can openly respect and admire players of Sir Rogers ilk, most of us do.

Just three of the 1966 team left now. :(

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 28th September 2021, 1:28 PM

Sir Roger Hunt,, he was a great player who along with Callaghan and Lawler were real local gents. I see Chris Lawler most days as he lives near.
Even as a Blue I can openly respect and admire players of Sir Rogers ilk, most of us do.

Well that was the time when footballers were quite down to earth.

RIP.

Barry Ryan, age 72. Twin brother of the late Paul and son of Marion. Original singer of Eloise, written by his brother, before some damned punk group got hold of it.

Oh dear, when I see someone four years younger than me has died, it brings it home to me, but he probably had one helluva life, unlike me. Angelic

Yes, fabulous song, and one of those they threw everything bar the kitchen sink into it at the end.......................

Rest In Peace Mr. Ryan

Yes. Great song and I loved both versions.

My sister quite fancied them. RIP Barry.