I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,319

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th September 2021, 11:44 AM

All we need now is the bin men going on strike and it's Winter of Discontent 2

Yes, seems to happen whenever we get a left-wing led government.

I love the lack of petrol.

Can we get the number of vehicles (funereal black tanks with big fierce American f you hockey mamas - if they think they are being men then they don't know men except for Hitler and Mussolini) down from the bloody ridiculous 36 million to the 6 million when I was a kid. So that I can go back safely to playing marbles in the road. Even if I lose all my blood alleys because I'm rubbish at marbles. Next, all sexes should wear flowery dresses and be injected with a combination of anti-Covid and an attitude removal by law.

If they refuse, shove their bleeding engine oil up their jacksies to test them on whether they love it as much as they purport. Personally, I think that it is a fetish that has got well out of hand. "I'm for tackling climate change". Oh yeah right. And I'm Father Christmas. Only I have no presents. I'm here to kill all your children with a nice soft beard. Now get rid of that metallic weapon junk and make yourselves a horse and cart.

I see Angela Rayner is rousing the troops with her keynote speech to the Labour faithful.
The eloquence overwhelms you.

"I'm sick of shouting from the sidelines, and i bet youse lot are too. We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, mysoginistic, absolute pile ...of banana republic...Etonian...piece of scum...and I held back a little...that I have ever seen in my life"

Stupid cow.

No petrol?????
What the f@#k am I supposed to drink now?

You couldn't make it up.

Not sure the driver shortage is going to be solved in a hurry.
Grant Shapps is only granting 5000 temporary visas (we're 100000 drivers short, by the way) and, anyway, there's a shortage all over western Europe.
They're not going to come back over here when they can get better pay and conditions in France, Germany etc
Plus we made them all spend Christmas parked up on an airfield in Kent last year - they might well remember that.

You been reading the Beano again, How's Lord Snooty doing.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th September 2021, 12:56 PM

You been reading the Beano again, How's Lord Snooty doing.

It's in most papers - Daily Mail included.
Haven't checked the Beano.
As for Lord Snooty, I think he's doing very well - what with avoiding tax & everything.

I am starting to believe newspapers completely make things up.
Like there is a fuel shortage....mayhem at garages.
Driver shortage due to Brexit.
Empty supermarket shelves - causing panic buying

The only panic buying I did was when the landlord called time early.

The haulier's point was they predicted a shortage of HGV drivers years ago - but the government dismissed it as fear mongering. So now they point out the government's knee jerk response will lower H&S standards as petrol is a hazzardes material requiring COSH training and far more experienced drivers. That's all. Panic is a consequence of piss poor planning. Of course driver prefer the stability of permanent work and safer working conditions, Britain can't currently deliver that.

Nice well reasoned argument Ms Rayner. Imagine the outcry if a tory had used that kind of language about her. The working class she claims to stand up for have far better manners.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th September 2021, 10:37 AM

It quite possible there's a grain of truth in that.

Of course Rayner shouldn't have said 'scum' - you can't do that in front line politics

But, of course she is absolutely correct though

Our Prime Mjnister is a sexist racist scumbag....

"What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies," he wrote, referring to African people as having "watermelon smiles."

In a column written in 2002, Johnson wrote that British colonialism in Africa is "not a blot upon our conscience."
He added: "The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more."

The former foreign secretary wrote in an article for the Telegraph that "it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes," adding that any female student who appeared at school or in a lecture "looking like a bank robber" should be asked to remove it.

"It will take a huge effort of courage and skill to win round the many thousands of British Muslims who are in a similar state of alienation, and to make them see that their faith must be compatible with British values and with loyalty to Britain," he wrote.

"That means disposing of the first taboo, and accepting that the problem is Islam. Islam is the problem."

"The unanimous opinion is that what has been called the 'Tottymeter' reading is higher than at any Labour Party conference in living memory," he wrote.
He added that: "Time and again the 'Tottymeter' has gone off as a young woman delegate mounts the rostrum."

The real reason why Blackpool is buzzing with glamorous women is surely that they scent victory. It is not the great smell of Brut that makes John Prescott attractive. It is the whiff of power. With the fickleness of their sex, they are following the polls."

In 2005, while campaigning to become the Conservative MP for Henley in the general election, he told voters that "voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts," apparently forgetting the other 50% of the electorate he needed to appeal to.

And in 2012, while hosting the London Olympics as mayor, Johnson told his readers of the "magnificent" experience of watching "semi-naked women playing beach volleyball ... glistening like wet otters."

In his 2001 book "Friends, Voters, Countrymen," Johnson compared gay marriage to bestiality, writing that "If gay marriage was OK - and I was uncertain on the issue - then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

, in a 1998 Telegraph column about Peter Mandelson's resignation from the Labour government, Johnson said the announcement would lead to the blubbing of "tank-topped bumboys" in "the Ministry of Sound" nightclub, and "the soft-lit Soho drinking clubs frequented by Mandy and his pals."