Mark Lawson talks to Jo Brand

Excellent.

He is such a good interviewer, asking the questions you want to hear. Jo on top form, revealing about what she has had to put up with on her way to the top.

Yes, a very good prog.

I really enjoyed it, as well - and agree about his good choice of questions. 'What's your best put down to a heckler?"

Quote: beaky @ 18th September 2021, 5:53 PM

'What's your best put down to a heckler?"

If you mean Jo, then it would be "If you don't shut up, I'll come down there and sit on your face". She does a have a more revolting version of that.

I had to laugh at her innocent joke that came out as racist.

Yes, that was very funny.

To each his own,I find her as funny as burnt toast.But she is one in a long line of BBC forever presenters/comics that bore me to tears.Though it was funny to watch them bring in Tom Allen to save Extra Slice from her comic drudgery.

I am quite a fan of Mark Lawson's interviews. I liked it when he inadvertantly enraged Russell Crowe by saying he thought his Robin Hood had a slightly Irish accent.

Quote: tenbeersbold @ 20th September 2021, 2:21 PM

To each his own,I find her as funny as burnt toast.But she is one in a long line of BBC forever presenters/comics that bore me to tears.Though it was funny to watch them bring in Tom Allen to save Extra Slice from her comic drudgery.

As you say, each to his own - my heart sank when they brought in that seriously unfunny leering twat Tom Allen - he has ruined that programme, as far as I'm concerned, and nothing you will say will change my mind about how good Jo Brand is.

Oh Tom isn't the greatest or anything but Jo was literally like watching paint dry on that show.They had to get someone completely over the top to make up for her somnambulistic presence.

I like burned toast. No, really!

Quote: beaky @ 23rd September 2021, 11:06 AM

I like burned toast. No, really!

Me too.
Can't stand people who scrape.

Burned toast, plenty of butter and marmalade is the food of the gods.

Someone famous (?) wrote about a burnt toast, mustard and strong cheese sandwich - ideal for the hard-up , as the taste lasted all day.

Delicious! You can always substitute pickle for the mustard.