The Mash Report Page 4

Well said Aaron.

It wasn't satirical. Just hate filled bile and propaganda.

Did anybody else catch the first episode of the new 'revamped' Late Night Mash' on Dave? I say revamped, it was exactly the same except instead of a nice, concise half hour, we now get forty five minutes plus adverts, which does mean that a lot of the jokes are stretched to their limit. The newsreader's script in particular was painfully bad in places. Love Ellie Taylor and Steve N Allen though.

Rachel Parris, as ever, continues to be the standout. I thought Norcott struggled a bit given he is supposed to be the balance, but we are at a point where even a right winger struggles to say anything positive!

I think the trouble with a show like this, especially after such a long break, is that we've heard these jokes a million times already on Twitter. A satire show like this almost seems redundant.

I can't stand Nish so I won't watch it although I like Ellie.

Where are Rachel and Ellie? Has there been a kerfuffle over money or something ?

Quote: Jaicee @ 20th September 2021, 10:59 AM

Where are Rachel and Ellie? Has there been a kerfuffle over money or something ?

They're on tour.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 4th September 2021, 12:22 PM

Norcott struggled a bit given he is supposed to be the balance, but we are at a point where even a right winger struggles to say anything positive!

Yes, the Government is far too left wing.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 4th September 2021, 12:22 PM

I thought Norcott struggled a bit given he is supposed to be the balance, but we are at a point where even a right winger struggles to say anything positive!

Can political satire be positive ? Is it on it's way out ? Newsjacks gone, Mash report struggling. Satire is often the last bastion of peaceful revolt , maybe the Taliban will allow Imans dressed as women to tell mother in law jokes and the revolution could build from there ? What does everyone think ?

I have to say, I much prefer Rachel as host, some really sharp gags. I thought the news desk gags were better this time around too, though as ever some of the sketches drag on for too long. I know they have to have Geoff Norcott for the right wing balance, I can't stand him.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 2nd September 2022, 7:28 PM

I have to say, I much prefer Rachel as host, some really sharp gags. I thought the news desk gags were better this time around too, though as ever some of the sketches drag on for too long. I know they have to have Geoff Norcott for the right wing balance, I can't stand him.

Geoff is genuinely the stand out highlight for me. Whilst the rest of the show can be variable, he's reliably laugh-out-loud funny.

I noticed a number of little bits in Rachel's presentation that were the same as Nish's, so presumably scripted. I'm not sure yet if I'd call it an improvement but it was definitely refreshing.

The new companion podcast hosted by Geoff and Olga Koch though, absolutely hilarious.

Is that slimeball still in it?

What? You mean Geoff Norcott?
Yes, sadly the token right-winger is still on board.

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd September 2022, 8:13 PM

What? You mean Geoff Norcott?
Yes, sadly the token right-winger is still on board.

No Nish Kumar.

Love Nish.
Very funny and genuinely seems like a great and thoroughly decent person.
But he's no longer on this.

I like Geoff Norcott
But poor sod having to be labelled as the token right winger

Never been a fan of Nish despite his ubiquity and hosting Newsjack he's never quite won me over
I like Ellie though, she's quite funny

As for the Mash shows, I really did try to like them but couldn't quite manage it

Of all the weeks to record on a Wednesday.