The general pop/rock - music thread Page 225

Happy 30th Birthday to Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. Still a great song.

Quote: chipolata @ 10th September 2021, 11:37 AM

Happy 30th Birthday to Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. Still a great song.

Not for me thanks but I was a fan of the original Nirvana, psychedelic group of the 1960s.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th September 2021, 1:47 PM

Not for me thanks but I was a fan of the original Nirvana, psychedelic group of the 1960s.

Many miles to go....

:):)

What do you call a cross between Nirvana and One Direction? The Foo Fighters. They are shit.

Does anybody else think that Ed Sheeran is like the Kings New Clothes?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2021, 6:24 PM

Hasn't he been around too long to be new anything?

He's too shit.
Anyone who still thinks Tony Wilson was a genius should have to listen to Revenge in a cold, damp room.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2021, 6:24 PM

Yes, I do. Cheap, unoriginal middle of the road fluff.. He wears Neil Young's clothes but writes music that makes the Back Street Boys sound edgy.

Ed Sheeran ....

Ffs

Teenagers should be listening to something edgy and rebellious- stuff that will annoy and appall their parents!

They've skipped to their 40's and are listening to this radio 2 friendly bland tedious SHIT

I pity them

I'm still listening to countless brilliant albums that i bought in my teens - 30 years later

Will they still be listening to this soppy ginger prat in 30 years time?

Sad

Bill had it right

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLeQ7oxUAKc

None of the young people I know and talk to about music ever mention Ed Sheeran. They talk about grime artistsI've never heard of and have to google to make sure they actually exist. Sheeran's more for their middle of the road parents.

Watching Depeche Mode concert on Sky Arts.

They did make some great records but don't they look like dicks on stage!

Simon and Garfunkel said to Dave Gahan, 'We have a great line 'Parsey, sage and rosemary,' but we don't know how to finish it. Will we ever find an ending?' 'Of course you will,' said Dave. 'It's just a question of thyme.'

Quote: chipolata @ 20th September 2021, 10:52 PM

None of the young people I know and talk to about music ever mention Ed Sheeran. They talk about grime artistsI've never heard of and have to google to make sure they actually exist. Sheeran's more for their middle of the road parents.

Ed Sheeran is one of those artistes... If you're old, you won't like him, but if you're young, you won't like him. Cool.

Love this. Mr and Mrs Fripp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJGohCYYJ1w

RIP Alan Lancaster

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th September 2021, 8:52 PM

RIP Alan Lancaster

We got that on the RIP thread Gordon. Keep up!