Eking

This is a pilot that I only sent to one person and I never got a reply so I lost confidence in it. Its me trying to write a rom com in a bid to be as commercial as possible. I set it out as a whirlwind romance because I think it works. The ideas I had for these two still make me laugh its such a shame. Anyway if you like pilots scripts this is for you and if you only like short sketches this may not be your cup of tea. Its called Eking and this episode is called Whirlwind for obvious reasons.

SCENE: INT VAN - DAWN:
Eddy King a middle- aged man is sat in a burger van texting the words 'OUTSIDE'

SCENE: EXT VAN- DAWN
The van has the legend 'Eddy's Hot Food' along the side. Terri a woman in her mid -30s dressed in tie dyed T shirt with lots of beads
and bangles opens the van door and gets in. As she does so Eddy looks shocked.

SCENE: INT VAN- DAWN
TERRIE
Hi, I'm Terrie, I take it you're Eddy?

Terri's face drops as she sees Eddy's look.

EDDY
Yeah, I'm Eddy

TERRIE
Don't tell me you thought I was a man because of my name. Didn't she tell you?

EDDY
Yeah, she just didn't tell me that you were...well you know?

Terrie is unsure and uneasy about Eddy's point.

TERRIE
No, I don't know,

EDDY
A hippy!

TERRIE
Oh, the beads and the T Shirt I went back packing for a few years and I've just sort of kept them as a memento

Eddy starts up the van up and is still clearly worried.

EDDY
So, you're not a vegetarian or anything stup... I mean you're ok with meat?

TERRI
I'm fine with it, anyway what's wrong with vegetarians?
EDDY
Everything when you've just sunk every last penny you had into 20 pounds of bacon 200 sausages and six boxes of hamburgers

TERRI
Oh, I see, no, no, I'm fine with all that. And I catch on quick, so long as the prices are clearly marked, I'm good to go!

Eddy is reassured by Terri's attitude.

EDDY
Ok well I'll do the traders first, they're as dodgy as you can get so it's a good way to learn. When they slack off you can take over.
Did Cathy tell you the hours and all that?

TERRIE
All I heard was 50 quid .I stopped listening after that. You tend to do that when you're skint
EDDY
Tell me about it, as I said I've sunk every penny I had into that lot back there

Terri looks at Eddy with a slight concern.

SCENE: BOOT SALE ENTRANCE- DAWN:
A gap in a hedge with a gate and a sign reading Cars £10 Vans £30
Traders £100

A man in a hi viz jacket carrying a bucket walks over to Eddy's van
and Eddy's window winds down

SCENE INT VAN -DAWN
Eddy is holding a conversation through the van window with the man
in a hi viz vest wellies and a clipboard.

EDDY
Where's Wendy?

MAN
No idea who she is mate? I only started today. Right so that'll be a £100 and you can have pitch six by the toilets

EDDY
I normally pay after I've traded for an hour or so, that's why I asked where Wendy was? I've been doing it like that for years

MAN
I don't doubt it, but not today mate. So either pay or do a U turn so that I can keep the line moving

Eddy is clearly concerned and grabs 8 plastic bank bags off the
dashboard. His tone is almost pleading.

EDDY
Look here's £80 it's my entire float that means I'll have no change. But once I'm in and set up I'll have the other £20 for you in half
an hour
MAN
Look mate I not taking part payments so can you turn around and go back out please you're holding the line up!

Terri rummages in her knapsack finds her purse goes to the back of it and behind a photo of a woman she takes out a £20 note that has
been folded 4 times. She straightens it out and gives it to the watching Eddy

Eddy immediately realises that this is this woman's last reserve, he holds up his hands as he speaks.

EDDY
Oh no I couldn't, you've come to make money not risk it

TERRI
Why don't you really think you can make it back if you get in?

EDDY
Given the chance I can make money out of thin air

Eddy takes the note and gives that and the bank bags to the man and they drive into the car boot sale.

As the van drives slowly in there is a group of people standing around near the entrance and a couple shout over through the vans
open window.

TRADER
Hurry up and get that urn on Eddy, I'm spitting feathers here

WOMAN
And don't forget to save the crusts for my bacon butty love I'm starving

Eddy waves back to them as he drives in.
TERRI
Are they the traders? They don't look that bad?

EDDY
Wait till the private sellers get here! That lot will be all over their cars like monkeys at the safari park only with torches

SCENE: EXT VAN- MORNING
Eddy is rolling out round plastic table tops from the back of the van and then setting them up with legs. Terri is visible through the
vans hatch testing the tap on a steaming tea urn and then she is flipping bacon on a hot plate. She speaks to Eddy through the hatch.
TERRI
Eddy the first lot of sausage and bacons done and the urns boiled. Should I go over and let the traders know we're open?

EDDY
No need

Eddy goes behind the van and returns with a bugle which he then blows it astonishingly well. Terri is clearly impressed.

TERRI
Where in god's name did you learn to do that?
EDDY
I was in the Sea Cadets for six months until they found out that I couldn't swim

The traders begin to appear.

WOMAN
You're later than usual getting your horn out Eddy, what's up is it the cold?

EDDY
I don't worry me about my horn Mary, once I get it out its ready to blow every time

MAN
I heard you had trouble getting in

EDDY
Yeah new staff, they don't know the game

MAN
Well if they made you pay up front, they at least know the bulk of it

Eddy calls the queue to attention

EDDY
Listen you lot I'm in a corner, I've had to give my float in at the gate to get in so there's no change. So, can you
do me a favour and keep your dud 20's to yourself for once and while you're at it can you get together and help me out on the
loose change front

The traders all start getting out slummy and changing money with each other, Eddy enters the van and then he and Terri are rushed of
their feet as trade is brisk.

SCENE: EXT VAN-DAY
The traders are walking away carrying food and drinks and Terri gets out of the van with a half full bin bag and walks off

SCENE: OVERHEAD DRONE -DAY
There is then an overhead drone shot of a car boot sale and then we see Terri at the bins with the black bag. The drones view changes as
it makes a B line for the hatch of Eddy's van.

SCENE: INT VAN- DAY
Eddy is in the van washing a knife in a bowl of soapy water, as he does so he knocks a tray of eggs over off the side with his elbows
and almost swears.
EDDY
For fuc..
Eddy bends down to sort them out and he expresses his surprise to see that only 3 have smashed.

Eddy is then shocked by a clatter above his head. Then the drone then lands on the floor in front of him. Eddy cautiously picks it up
like it's hot and as he turns it over and over, he clearly can't work out what it is.
EDDY
What the the.......?

A very sheepish and timid man with a remote control appears at the hatch, he is leaning in and looking around sheepishly

MAN
I'm awfully sorry but did a drone just fly in into your van?

Eddy is holding the drone out.

EDDY
Is this it?

MAN
I'm so sorry I've only just bought it and I got a bit carried away trying to make sure it works. It never hurt you did it?

EDDY
It just missed my head and then its smashed all my eggs!

The man pops his head in to look as he does so Eddy pushes the tray out of sight leaving only the three broken ones visible

The man then takes out his wallet and offers Eddy two £20 notes.

MAN
I hope that will cover the damage and upset I've caused?

Eddy takes one of the 20's

EDDY
That'll cover it

As the man walks away Eddy folds the £20 note into 4. As he does so Terri enters.

TERRI ENTERS

TERRI
I've emptied the bins so shall I work the hatch now?

EDDY
Yeah put some burgers and hot dogs on first and get a couple of bags of chips out the cooler box as well please. Oh and thanks

Eddy hands Terri the £20 note and she can see that he has folded it the way she had it and is clearly impressed by the sentiment.

TERRI
Thank you
EDDY
As I said I can make it out of thin air

Eddy's phone rings he nods to Terri that he has to take the call. Terri spots a customer at the hatch reading the price list and she
goes over and serves them as Eddy takes the call.
EDDY
Hello, Mr Edwards how nice to hear from
you.
How can I help you?... Yeah yeah... not a problem Mr Edwards, I'll guarantee you I'll be there Mr Edwards, Yes of course
Mr Edwards

Terri is making a burger and can hear the call. Eddy sees this and he puts his hand over the phones and words to Terri.

EDDY
It's Mr Edwards
EDDY
Con
I was wondering if you've sorted the sides out yet? It's just so I can get the right stock. You know what the Puritans are like if you have
anything fancy

Eddy is clearly delighted with the answer.

EDDY
Con
The Cavaliers! That's great no problem you can count on me Mr Edwards
As Eddy finishes the call Terri notices he s concerned..

TERRI
So was that good or bad news?
EDDY
That was Larry Edwards he's runs the local Civil War re-enactment Society. It's their first big battle of the season next week and one of his caterers has pulled out and he saw my website and he's asked me to cover for them

TERRI
That's good then isn't it?

EDDY
I've been trying to get on there for years. You can make more in a day there than you can at 40 boot sales and that's
just doing the Puritans. The Cavaliers pay way more so that they stay in character

TERRI
So why the long face?

Eddy becomes more concerned and Terri is confused by it.

EDDY
He said he got my number off my website

TERRI
So that's good then isn't it. I didn't even know you had one?

Eddy taps a few times on his phone and then hands it to Terri. Terri looks and does a few swipes, As, she does so the penny drops,
and she too becomes concerned. Eddy becomes sheepish.
TERRI
I take it that you don't actually have this 60 foot long catering truck?

EDDY
I cut and pasted it off an American catering website so no one would know.

TERRI
And the marquees and all the staff?

EDDY
I got them of a Norwegian wedding planner site because the bushes in the background look English

TERRI
So, what are you going to do just bluff your way through it?

EDDY
No chance! As soon as they saw this paltry set up they'd chase me off the site on horseback

TERRI
Then why set your website up like that in the first place

EDDY
I get the odd big job off it and I lay them off on a few big firms I know for a 10% kick back

TERRI
Then just lay this one off, money for old rope

EDDY
I doubt there's time and apart from that I've always wanted to do this one, it's the Wimbledon of hot dog vanning!

A woman then appears at the hatch and breaks the moment up. As Eddy goes to deal with the customer Terri's face shows she is musing.

CUST
How much are your chips?

EDDY
£1.50 a cone
The woman looks into her purse and it's all very dismal.

CUST
Could you just do me a like biggish bowl of them for four quid?

EDDY
Go on then, they'll only be 2 minutes I've just put a batch on

The woman goes over to a table that has three kids sat at it already and she is clearly their mother.
Terri notices how almost destitute they look and then watches as Eddy puts four hot dogs in buns on a paper plate and then fills a
big bowl with all the fries and then he leaves the van. As he does so Terri is watching him from the hatch.

SCENE: EX TABLE- DAY
EDDY
Here's your chips love and I've just had a phone order cancel. So there's a few hot dogs there as well for you and the kids. They would
have only gone to waste

The woman and kids are delighted and thankful and as Eddy turns to return to the van Terri busies herself with a cloth like she never
saw it happen.

SCENE: INT VAN- DAY:
Terri is at the hot plate. Eddy is using a plastic funnel to fill an empty HP Sauce bottle with brown liquid from a larger plastic
container that has Chinese writing on it, there is also another container with red sauce in it and that has Chinese writing on the
label as well.
Eddy finishes the sauces and then goes to the hatch and studies the people at the tables. Terri notices this and she wipes her hands on
a tea towel as she joins him.

TERRI
What are you looking at?

EDDY
You'll learn more about people by selling hot dogs than you ever will studying psychiatry

TERRI
Ok what about them?

Terri points to a table with a young couple on. The woman has just halved a burger with a plastic knife and shook out half the chips
from a cone and put them onto two paper plates. She then gives one to the man and then she smiles as she eats. The man on the other
hand who is wearing a Man U top looks glum

EDDY
She's going to boss that poor sod around For the rest of his life

TERRI
How can you say that? She's sharing her food with him?

EDDY
What man orders half a burger? And she's got an engagement ring on. They're probably here selling stuff to get money for their big day.
And she's probably got him on a 'Shedding for the Wedding' diet as well. Plus, Man U are playing at home today and he's sat facing her. So, who do you thinks the boss?

TERRI
I take it you're married

EDDY
I was, I've been divorced for 17 years this Halloween

TERRI
How long were you married?

EDDY
Four months

TERRI
Four months!
EDDY
To be honest it was nearer three, we were Just from different worlds

TERRI
How did you even meet?
EDDY
At Uni, you know what it's like, we were both young and...

Terri is clearly surprised

TERRI
You were at university?

EDDY
She was, I was outside selling Hot Dogs

TERRI
Lucky there was no kids

EDDY
There is Tristram, he's the reason we had to get married in the first place and the only good thing to come out of it

TERRI
Do you see him at all?

EDDY
Not much he used to love working with me on the van. But his mother stopped him coming with me because she said her parents thought
that he was starting to sound 'Common'

TERRI
Oh, are they posh then?

EDDY
Her dad's a bank manager and her mother's a pain in the arse! Anyway, what about you are you married?

TERRI
I nearly was. I back packed and worked my way around the world. I've washed dishes in Sydney
and elephants in Goa
EDDY
The furthest I've been to is Morocco and that was only because I got drunk and took the wrong flight. I was supposed to be going to Benidorm
TERRI
I loved every minute of it. But then I admittedly I did it for a few years more than I should have. But
then I met a guy who I thought was the one

EDDY
And wasn't he?

TERRI
He was at first, we came home but after two years in 'Steady Jobs' Whenever we did see each other we'd end up arguing about crap
like forgetting to pick the dry cleaning up. That's hard when you've first met was in the moonlight on a tropical beach

EDDY
That's a shame

TERRI
So, he took a promotion and I went back to Goa, but it didn't work out. They really are just kids on the trails these days, I felt
old and I got tired of it all. So, I camehome penniless and I've been spending a few months on my cousin Claire's couch

They both stop talking as a brutish chav type man in a Chelsea top comes to the counter. Terri goes to serve him as Eddy slips out the
door.
EDDY:
I'll be two ticks I've just got to pick a few things up that regular sellers holding for me

EDDY EXITS

Terri serves the man, his tone is menacing from the off

TERRI
What can I get you sir?

MAN
How much are the chips?

TERRI
£1.50 a cone £2 for a tray

MAN
Go on then but I want a full cone not half and don't skimp on the salt & vinegar either!

Terri serves the man a cone of chips and he gives her a £10 note. Terri takes it and gives him the change. The man looks at the change
angrily.
MAN
I gave you a 20 and you've give me the change from a ten!

TERRI
I'm sorry but you definitely gave me a ten

MAN
Are you calling me a liar? I gave you a 20 and I want my change, now!

EDDY ENTERS.
Eddy is carrying a carrier bag, as he enters. He then see's the stand- off between Terri and the man right away. And comes over to
mediate in a friendly tone.

EDDY
Is everything ok

TERRI
This man said he gave me a 20 but it was a ten, there's not even any 20's
in the till

Eddy pats his pocket.

EDDY
I know I took them out ten minutes ago, I always do once there's a few

MAN
Never mind covering for her I want my money! Don't make me have to come in and get it

Eddy puts the orange carrier bag down and pulls a rounders bat from under the counter and smiles confidently as he pat's it into his
palm.

EDDY
You're welcome to try mate, but step on foot in here and what I do to you is nice and legal

MAN
What you'll do to me? Do you know who I am?

EDDY
No and I'm not arsed either. Anyway, if your trying to con tenner's off hot dog men then I doubt you're one of the Sopranos!

The man is taken aback by Eddy's bottle and no-nonsense approach and his rounders bat

EDDY
cont
Anyway, they'll find that out from your dental records because your teeth will be all over the floor. So If I was you I'd sod off and go and try
it out on someone who's scared of you, because I'm not!

The man is perplexed but then storms off as he does so he knocks over one of Eddy's plastic tables. Eddy smiles at that and then
stores the bat away. The watching Terri is impressed.

TERRI
I really thought it was going to turn nasty

EDDY
I told you I've been selling hot dogs outside pubs and clubs till 4 in the morning since I was 15. I know a phoney when I see one, he was just
bluster. I told you, watch them before you listen to them

TERRI
What gave him away?

EDDY
Everything about him pointed to the fact that he was a tit. The Chelsea top sealed

As Terri smirks at the reply they are interrupted by a customer at the hatch

CUST
Can I have a tea with six sugars please!

Eddy smiles and mutters to Terri as he goes to serve the customer

EDDY
It would be quicker to microwave him a can of coke

Terri smiles as does a lingeringly fond look at Eddy who is chirpily serving the customer.

SCENE EXT VAN-DAY
A steady flow of customers Eddy is serving Terri is outside clearing the tables and putting the rubbish in a black bin bag.

SCENE: INT VAN - DAY
Eddy half enters as he rolls in one of the round plastic table tops. Terri is holding a box of burgers.

TERRI
Eddy? These burgers have defrosted shall I dump them?

EDDY
No put them back in the cooler box please I cook any spares for next doors dogs

TERRI
A dog lover and a good neighbour, you really are a bag of surprises
EDDY
I like the dogs, but I hate her, she hasn't got a clue I'm feeding them. She's in the park with them every morning at half 6 telling anyone who's up that her dogs are putting weight on and she can't work out how?

Terri laughs as Eddy goes to the door and rolls in another plastic table top then goes out and comes back with the legs.

SCENE: EXT VAN- AFTERNOON
The tables and chairs are all gone the vans hatch is down and people are walking past carrying things like a tall lamp and a Space Hopper

SCENE: INTE VAN- AFTERNOON
Eddy is counting the notes and Terri is bagging the coins up.

TERRI
There's £121 and odds in coins

EDDY
I've got 450, not a bad day that

TERRI
Eddy if you don't mind me asking, but what do you intend to do about that Civil War job?

EDDY
There's not much I can do. I'll try and farm it out but it's a big job for a last minute. Other than that all I can do is ring him back and come
up with an excuse

TERRI
It's just that I've been thinking about it and I reckon you could pull it off

EDDY
It's a major event you get 100's lining up, how would I feed them all in this? The grills asthmatic, the urns got a leak and with three
rings I can just about do a one full English if I've got an hours warning!

TERRI
You could just set up a line of trestle tables and use a few gas barbeques. I've been thinking about it. You could put nice tablecloths on them
and put poles up around the sides with garlands on them so they look like Maypoles. Throw on a hat with a feather in they'd love you

EDDY
Oh my god you won't believe this, but I've just got a big buckled belt of one my regulars. They've had their eye out for me for months. That has to be a good omen, They all wore big buckled belts back then

TERRI
That is a good sign, but if you don't mind me asking why were you after a big buckled belt in the first place?

Eddy becomes coy and edgy and looks around acting like he going to confess to a murder. Terri takes it deadly serious.

EDDY
You've got to promise me that you'll keep this to yourself. Only me and the photographer know about it
so if it gets out...

Terri is worried and unsure, so she places her hand onto Eddy's arm fondly as she speaks in a reassuring tone.

TERRI
Eddy I don't need to know everything, just...

EDDY
I've got to tell someone it's killing me and it might sound daft, but I really feel I can trust you

TERRI
You can

EDDY
I'm a lucky the Chimney sweep

TERRI
You're a what?

EDDY
Last year at a boot sale I bought a set of chimney brushes for £5 to clean my gutters. I had them leaning against the van when a customer
who was a wedding photographer said it was really hard to get sweeps for his weddings. So the next thing you know

Eddy holds out his hands in a Gaelic gesture. Terri is relived but is now trying not to laugh.
TERRI
So, you took him up on it?

EDDY
To right I did! I get 100 quid cash for every wedding. And as I'm covered in soot no one can recognise me in the photos

TERRI
What like your mates?

EDDY
I was thinking more of the tax man

Terri is clearly interested and amused.

TERRI
So, what do you do? Do you just turn up and stand there with a brush?

Eddy is infused by Terri's genuine interest.

EDDY
No No, I've got the full hit, waistcoat, granddad Shirt and now the big belt. I did have a black cat for the first few, but it leapt out of the front
basket of my bike and I never saw it again

Eddy stops talking and goes over and gets the orange carrier bag and he takes out the big buckled belt and a pair of old boots and
proudly displays them to Terri.

EDDY
I've been after a new pair of hobnail boots in a size ten for months as well and one of traders found a pair for
me. Not bad for 2 quid eh?

TERRI
Very impressive, but why hob nailed wouldn't any boots do?

EDDY
The photographer likes a few shots of me jumping up and sparking my heels

TERRI
Are you any good at it?
EDDY
I am now! A lot of the couples like it so much that I often get an extra 50 to hang back until it gets dark enough to catch the sparks on their wedding video

Terri gets back to her point.

TERRI
So why don't you have a go at that Civil War job I know you could do it
Eddy becomes very coy

EDDY
Would you come? You seem to know what you're doing. I'd pay and ...

TERRI
I'd love to , love a good caper

EDDY
shy
I's 200 miles, so we'd have to stay on site for three on a tent I.. mean you know two tents nothing funny or nothing.. I didn't...

Terrie is clearly not offended in fact she is amused and gentle.

TERRI
Relax Eddy I've already got a tent and we won't need another one either, separate sleeping bags will be fine

Eddy is delighted and over excited

EDDY
You'll love it, it's a great atmosphere at night they all sit around their campfires in costume singing all ye olde ballads and bad mouthing Cromwell. You can't work out the words, but the tunes are great

TERRI
We'll have come up with a real plan and fast , we've only got 6 days

EDDY
5! We have to be there the night before to set up. The Puritans like to start the fighting at half six to annoy the Royalists who prefer afternoon battles

TERRI
Ok we need to get stuff down and work out what supplies etc that we'll need

EDDY
That's the thing, its ok trying to sell 2000 sausages 300 lb of bacon and 40 boxes of burgers but its finding the money in the first place! Not to mention the tea coffee soft drinks Calor gas and the petrol. What I've made today I owe most of out in rent

TERRI
Ok well lets at least look into what we can do first shall we. So I'll get their website up and work out the petrol for a start.

Terri browses on her phone and seems excited as she scrolls further and further into the site. She then dramatically holds the phone out
to Eddy and smiles.
TERRI
If you think the belt buckle was a sign what do you reckon about that!

Eddy is unsure of what he's squinting at.

EDDY
What am I supposed to be looking at?

TERRI
The little map on the left
EDDY
What about it just shows the field and a roundabout?

Terri is patiently coaxing him.

TERRI
And what's on the other side of the roundabout

EDDY
Just a 24hour supermarket superstore?

TERRI
And

EDDY
Nothing just a car park
TERRI
It's the supermarket Eddy! They sell everything you need! You can stock up as you make money so you'd only need to buy enough up front to get started after that you could just nip to the shops and stock up with the money you've taken in!

EDDY
That's brilliant it really is

TERRI
So will you do it?

EDDY
On one condition

TERRI
What's that

EDDY
That you stop saying what I can do and start saying what we can do. This is mostly your idea Terri so I think we should go halves on this one as a one-off right down the middle... deal?

Eddy holds it hand and Terri smiles and shakes it
TERRI

Deal

EDDY
Right let's get packed up and off . Our job here's done and we've a bigger job ahead of us!

SCENE: STREET- AFTERNOON
The van is parked up and kids are playing football by it

SCENE: INT VAN- AFTERNOON
Eddy and Terri are talking.

TERRI
So we know we have a steady supply of stock on hand 24 hours. The gas we had better buy up there as the weight
on the petrol is a negative

EDDY
You really know your stuff

TERRI
When you've gone around the world for 7 years with no money in your bank living only on your wits you get to learn how to work most things out for yourself
EDDY
I can't thank you enough for this Terri. You know for the first time in ages I feel like things are
on the up

Terri smiles as she does so a ball comes through the open van window and hits Eddy in the face. He is not hurt but he is shocked while
Terri goes from concerned to trying to keep a straight face.
EDDY
That's the second time today I've nearly had my head took off

Eddy gets out of the van with the ball
SCENE: EXT VAN - AFTERNOON
Eddy sees the kids who's ball it is and kick it back to them his tone is cheerful.

EDDY
There you go lads

KID
Sorry about that mate

EDDY
Don't be it was a hell of a shot, if you meant it
Terri is watching this from the van window. Eddy has his back to her so doesn't see that she smiles fondly at Eddy who is now dribbling
the kid with the ball.

Eddy then walks over to Terri he is slightly out of breath.
EDDY
You can't beat a good game of footy to wind down after a hard day.

TERRI
Tell you what do fancy a coffee we can go over just a few more bits so I know what I'm doing

EDDY
Works for me

SCENE: LOUNGE -NIGHT
Eddy is sat on the sofa there is an open laptop on the coffee table.

TERRI ENTERS
Terri is carrying two mugs she puts one either side of the laptop and then sits at the other end of the sofa.

EDDY
Nice house

TERRI
It's my sister Claire's she works up at St Marys, her shifts ended so she should be home soon

Eddy takes this the wrong way and attempts to get up to leave. Terri thinks its quaint and she gestures him to sit back and relax

EDDY
Oh I'll get off then, she won't want...

TERRI
Relax Eddy its fine it really is, I am allowed guests!

Eddy again reads it wrong and it spreads to Terri.

EDDY
Oh

TERRI
Not that I have any... Let's just go back over some of the stuff we've agreedon, shall we?
They both settle down awkwardly in front of the laptop.

SCENE: STREET-NIGHT
As Eddy walks out of the gate toward his van a woman gets out of a car and passes him and goes down the path. They both nod at each
other.

SCENE: LOUNGE -NIGHT
Terri is sat on the sofa at the laptop as her middle- aged sister Claire enters in her coat. She is suspicious in a very nice way.

CLAIRE
Have you only just finished yourself? I just saw that Eddy what's his face leaving did he drop you off?

TERRI
No I've been back for a while we had a few coffees and went over some business plans

CLAIRE
Business plans for a hot dog van?

TERRI
Yeah and we started sorting his website out

CLAIRE
Is that what they call it these days

Terri realises what Claire is getting at and is not completely convinced herself.

TERRI
No way, it's nowhere near that. All it is he's got a chance to do a big catering job and he's letting me in on it... As it was mostly my idea and... well its nowhere near that anyway!

Claire smiles she takes her coat off.

CLAIRE
I'm making coffee do you want a fresh one?

TERRI
I'll make you one you've only just..

Terri goes to jump up but Claire motions her to stay there.

CLAIRE
You just stay at that, I want to ring Mike anyway, let him know I'm home ok

Claire takes her mobile out of her coat pocket

CLAIRE EXITS
Terri goes back to the laptop. She is looking at Eddy's site. She smiles as she sees Eddy in a badly pasted image standing in front
of a very large and very professional looking catering truck. She presses delete and Eddy is left on the screen with nothing behind
him. Terri really smiles at that She then presses a few more keys and Eddy's real van appears behind him and it looks awful.
Terry smiles and deletes it all and then types a few commands that puts a sign up across the screen that has traffic cones and says
'Site Under Reconstruction Back Soon'

Eddy is driving with a smile on his face, He suddenly thinks on and begins to rummage through the glove box.

SCENE: BACK KITCHEN- DAY
Terri is standing next to Claire they are drinking coffee. Claire has a smirk on her face and Terri is trying not to smirk back

CLAIRE
So let's hear all about this hotdog man

Eddy has found the CD he wants in the glove box and then reads the back of it as he is driving. He then mumbles to himself
EDDY
Track 6 track 6

He puts the CD in and presses it to 6 with a flourish

SOUNDTRACK
10CC's I'm not in love
The music plays as the van drives to the end of the road and indicates right

End of Episode

Is it about the couple? If so, don't start with that, the audience will be waiting for the couple to get together. Generally good dialogue.

Thanks for the read Paul, the idea I had was to do it like Colombo, He changed the Who done it? into the Thats who did it. I thought that with Rom Coms its always 'Will they won't they?' but you know they will.
My idea would have been get them together asap ' and then have plots that threatened this but they all fail making the love stronger.
Again thanks for the read as pilots are a lot of work on the reading front and I'm glad yo like the dialogue .