BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 36

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th September 2021, 8:51 AM

A film pun, and not a click in sight :D

BIG KNOBS & GOAL KICKS

This is disqualified as Bedknobs was my favourite film as a kid. Also your reworking does not represent the league members with small penises, so fails equality ledge.

BCG Scabs
(Something for the older members)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th September 2021, 1:36 PM

This is disqualified as Bedknobs was my favourite film as a kid. Also your reworking does not represent the league members with small penises, so fails equality ledge.

I thought that was Bambi.

(holds up hand, and makes an appeal) I still like THE LEAGUE OF GRUDGERS (as you wanted Billy's LOG, if you'll excuse the expression) or THE GENTS

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th September 2021, 2:38 PM

I thought that was Bambi.

(holds up hand, and makes an appeal) I still like THE LEAGUE OF GRUDGERS (as you wanted Billy's LOG, if you'll excuse the expression) or THE GENTS

This has all gone a bit Kenneth Williams and Hampstead Heath for me.

I'm still reeling from Lazzard speaking French.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th September 2021, 3:15 PM

This has all gone a bit Kenneth Williams and Hampstead Heath for me.

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th September 2021, 10:15 AM

Being a French word it should be pronounced "kleek".

On that basis, of course, Paris would be pronounced Paree.

And if we went down that road we'd have to re-name Peking as Beijing, Calcutta as Kolkata and Bombay as Mumbai. And that would be just silly.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th September 2021, 4:25 PM

Ha ha. That IS a good one. :)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th September 2021, 5:28 PM

On that basis, of course, Paris would be pronounced Paree.

This is what the Americans do with every French sounding word, some not even of French origin. I find it hilarious.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th September 2021, 1:14 PM

This is a very astute observation - are you sure you're a Yorkshireman?

Second generation Yorkshireman.
From my grandad back we are from Pirbright, Surrey.

My mums from Rotherham
Which I believe makes me half Yorkshirean

Sithee

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th September 2021, 8:22 PM

Second generation Yorkshireman.
From my grandad back we are from Pirbright, Surrey.

Southern Git, then. Rolling eyes

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th September 2021, 6:43 PM

Ha ha. That IS a good one. :)

Thank you Alf :) - sometimes the ones done in a rush are better, I suppose because you tend not to think about it too seriously.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th September 2021, 4:56 AM

Wrong. I care. So shut the f**k up.

Reported

Armband on Salah. Not feeling it, mind. Another good week for Ronaldo owners I think. Expect Lukaku to blank against Spurs.

Quote: don rushmore @ 17th September 2021, 3:20 AM

Armband on Salah. Not feeling it, mind. Another good week for Ronaldo owners I think. Expect Lukaku to blank against Spurs.

Ditto, even though I managed to squeeze Ronaldo into my team I'm not going to have a rush of blood to the head and make him captain - I expect I'll regret it, I usually do. Lukaku is jinxed as far as I'm concerned - never again will he darken my doorstep.

Bloody Hell! Any players I had involved in the international matches seem to have come through unscathed. Makes an effin' change.

Just got home from a week looking at castles in Northumberland - Stopped off today at the Angel of the North then the Black Sheep Brewery for lunch on the way back - Just to find the head is after my homework. To be honest, what with my hols and Watching Forest implode (again!) I am not sure i can even remember who is in my fantasy team... Antonio...and er...Bamford...

Can't contemplate CR7 he might be the best player i have ever seen (after John Robertson) but i cannot watch his scoring celebration 'the jumping twist with ta-da! finish' without thinking 'prat'. It might be the needless fifth goal in a five nil thrashing but CR7 insists all his teammates come to him to celebrate. Not something he does for/with them when they score...'prat'...

off to sink a couple of 11% Imperial Russians and catch up on Forests latest attempt at self harm...

A close H2H with Radish last week. Hoping to kick the arse of Dan Sweryt this time.

Up the blues.