BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 34

Whoops, wrong photo.

That's my Uncle Delbert who we generally don't talk about.

I will have to do it another time. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th September 2021, 12:41 PM

I know what eight of you look like. :)

Christ, you sound like vigilante - glad I'm a man of mystery. Cool

You're the gun owner, not me.

It's worked for you so far, if Kane turns up then it's a winner. The only downside is if high scoring defenders in rival teams assist or score with a clean sheet, it negates your good striker scores and you don't gain much ground, as I think happened with Don in your h2h match. It still seems to me mostly luck that defenders score and get bonus points whereas strikers are there to score.

In fairness to the FPL they have moved several high scoring defenders like Dallas into the midfield to stop them getting the extra points for clean sheets, but that's only when they've been mainly used as wingers. But then who defines who's a wingback or a defender? TAA is no Mick Mills he plays in the opponent's half. Surely time to put him in the midfielders list. Huh?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th September 2021, 11:22 AM

Well I've given it a go. Not at all sure that, long-term, discarding both Son & Calvert-Lewin in order to accommodate Ronaldo (with Fornals) will be a point winner but both were down as doubtful this weekend so I thought I'd give it a try and see what happens. He who dares...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th September 2021, 6:57 PM

TAA is no Mick Mills he plays in the opponent's half. Surely time to put him in the midfielders list. Huh?

I'm afraid you're at odds with Jurgen Klopp there:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/why-make-the-best-right-back-in-the-world-a-midfielder-klopp-on-trents-position/

Well, looks like everyone else put Antonio in too, so that evens out this League at least.

How about that Ronaldo, eh? Boy's got talent. One for the future, perhaps.

Mock The Clique.

Dan

Quote: playfull @ 14th September 2021, 7:21 PM

Oi! you calling my team dogshit?

Playfull, you or the ghost has until 8.00pm Friday to fulfil your posting requirement. The above doesn't count.

Also Don and JP Pass still to complete.

Quote: swerytd @ 15th September 2021, 8:21 PM

Mock The Clique.

Dan

Strong entry. League naming comp is still open.

Entries need not include the word 'clique' or 'BCG' but of course can. We want something that's funny and sums up the peripatetic band of truculent ne'er-do-wells that makes up our little league.

Winner will be picked out of Goodlad's flat cap by his busty hairdresser.

Clique Un

Dan

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th September 2021, 6:57 PM

TAA is no Mick Mills he plays in the opponent's half. Surely time to put him in the midfielders list. Huh?

It warms the cockles of my heart to here Mick's name mentioned again. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2021, 6:11 AM

A jumble of words, that's gone around the houses, but I think I've been insulted. Errr
I was going to say I won't bother in future, but Godot has suggested I carry on. Maybe I will, to spite the cynics. I'm only trying to lighten the proceedings, for f**k's sake. What are you doing? Ditto the following.................

:P

Apologies for this also, I thought my post was quite succinct but it wasn't a deliberate insult, I just didn't understand the joke, I assumed it was a Lionel Messi, Mr messy joke if I missed the nuance then that's just me, but my advice would be the same as Lazzards do the joke and then move on
I throw out hundreds of jokes and am never bothered if they don't get recognition as long as they make me laugh

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th September 2021, 12:07 AM

.............................. do the joke and then move on
I throw out hundreds of jokes and am never bothered if they don't get recognition as long as they make me laugh

Thank you Steve and good philosophy. Godot said much the same and it's gradually sinking in with me, although graphics do take a bit longer to think up and execute than off the cuff one liners, you have to admit.

I'm getting there................

Pukki's got a nice run of games coming up, so the Norwich striker could be (Colman's) mustard.

Quote: swerytd @ 15th September 2021, 8:21 PM

Mock The Clique.

Very good. Joint best entry alongside my Cliques and Geeks.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th September 2021, 8:55 PM

League naming comp is still open.

Entries need not include the word 'clique' or 'BCG' but of course can. We want something that's funny and sums up the peripatetic band of truculent ne'er-do-wells that makes up our little league.

You're spamming us with this shit now. Just pick a new name. No one cares what it is.

Quote: don rushmore @ 16th September 2021, 3:16 AM

Pukki's got a nice run of games coming up, so the Norwich striker could be (Colman's) mustard.

Very good. Joint best entry alongside my Cliques and Geeks.

You're spamming us with this shit now. Just pick a new name. No one cares what it is.

Wrong. I care. So shut the f**k up.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th September 2021, 8:55 PM

League naming comp is still open.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th September 2021, 4:56 AM

Wrong. I care. So shut the f**k up.

GODOT'S GOAL GRINDERS
WE BAND OF GRUDGERS
GODOT'S GOAL GRUDGERS
THE LEAGUE OF GRUDGE(R)S
GODOT'S LEAGUE OF GRUDGE(R)S
GRUDGERS AND GRINDERS
GRUDGE MATCH OF THE DAY
GOD'S OWN
GOD'S ZONE
THE GENTS

Most of these names depend on how you pronounce clique.
Kleek or Klick.
The third letter is 'I' not e or double e.

Northern monkeys pronounce it Klick and we'll thump anyone that doesn't.

And it's hardly a clique anyway - no f**ker likes any other member.