Dad's Army Page 28

Quote: Aaron @ 26th September 2020, 11:58 PM

P.S. Get Oh Brother! on DVD, people! :)

Had a copy for a number of years. :) Along with All Gas and Gaiters Angelic

And Oh Father!, I hope!

Oh, golly gosh..................no :(

I'll put it on me Amazon wants

Quote: Aaron @ 26th September 2020, 11:58 PM

Not sure quite what it is you're suggesting but do feel free to share as much as you wish in these forums! A dedicated thread seems best to keep it together.

Maybe modesty, but Michael has posted a nice piece here on his grandfather..........

https://www.reelstreets.com/memories-of-carl-heinz-jaffe/

Tempted to create a thread and/or copy and paste, but thought I would leave that to you Aaron. ;)

Thanks.I've read it.Marvellous memories.Michael was a lucky boy:)

Thanks guys - much appreciated your thoughts; yes I was indeed fortunate
Cheers from London

Carl is in "Second Best Bed" again this coming Wednesday 21st. 6.40am :)

Thanks Hercules - yes; like you I get the TPTV listings too; also: "Rockets Galore" 23rd Oct. @ 6.25am, "State Secret" aka "The Great Manhunt" 1st Nov 12.45pm... and you probably saw the nice feature their newsletter did of CJ a few weeks back. :)

90? Good Lord! (Sorry Vicar)

I just watched the full boxset and my tune has completely changed on the show. Dad's Army is one of the best sitcoms ever shown imo. It's a total classic, I love it. I find Jones and Wilson to be my favourite characters. The writing is brilliant, the acting is brilliant. I wasn't keen on Hodges, but that's it really.

Hodges?

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th September 2021, 7:45 PM

Hodges?

Oops typo error! Yep, that was who I meant to put thanks!

Off to Leicester Square Theatre tomorrow to join Frank Williams' 90th birthday celebrations.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th October 2021, 1:52 PM

Off to Leicester Square Theatre tomorrow to join Frank Williams' 90th birthday celebrations.

...And it was a happy birthday from, amongst others, Michael Knowles, Wendy Craig, Su Pollard, Jeffrey Holland, Sue Hodge & Syd Little (all on stage in the photo). And of course from me (in the cheap seats; not in the photo).