Mrs Thursday? Page 3

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th September 2021, 10:56 PM

Not sure if this thread is about anything to do with the programme in question (or indeed about anything much at all) but I've resurrected it anyway. I've just bought the 4 DVD set of the first series (13 episodes; 610 minutes) off ebay for £7.00 + £1.80 postage. .

Just bought the same set in VG condition for £3.19 + £2 post off eBay. ?

I've been watching mine, one a week since the start of the year. Nothing very exciting but a pleasant enough watch. A couple of the storylines a bit silly but always good to see Kathleen Harrison.

Why are half the posts faded out?

And yes I remember watching this when I was young.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2022, 8:58 PM

Why are half the posts faded out?

They're off topic.

Quote: Aaron @ 13th March 2022, 9:08 PM

They're off topic.

Whereas almost all the entire first page wasn't?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th March 2022, 8:51 PM

I've been watching mine, one a week since the start of the year. Nothing very exciting but a pleasant enough watch. A couple of the storylines a bit silly but always good to see Kathleen Harrison.

Yes, I'll slip it into the rotation at some point - when you see a box-set going that cheap, at the end of the day it doesn't matter when or if you ever watch it - just nice to know it's there to watch if you want. For eg, recently bought The Simpsons 1, 2, 3 and 4 box-sets for 99p each + post, and to me that was the best of the series, all the early ones. "Downhill Racer" (3rd series) was a cracker, when Martin builds a supersonic soap-box that's too good for the very steep hill - had me in stitches. ? Still chuckling about it now............

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th March 2022, 9:21 PM

Whereas almost all the entire first page wasn't?

The first page pre-dates off topic post suppression being implemented. I've not wasted my time going back through hundreds of thousands of pages of posts and threads to find such old messages.

Now watched Disc 1 of 3 episodes and thoroughly enjoyed this quiet comedy drama - I'd forgotten they were 1 hour progs.

Trevor Bannister in last ep. "Family Reunion"