Things I don't understand... Page 4

Quote: chipolata @ 7th September 2021, 11:42 AM

TIDU: Chappers having a lady friend.

Transport Interface Data Unit ? :S

Ah, what like Raj did when he fell in love with a female computer voice on Big Bang.

Yeah, that makes sense.

For the Big Bang to have occurred the stars/particles in the universe must have expanded faster than the speed of light.

???

OK - getting all poncey now are we but I can't understand how time has been forever and space goes on forever. There must be a start or end but what is beyond? Ah! My brain hurts.

I don't think time has been forever, from what I've learnt it started with the Big Bang, which could have been the result of a black hole (on which time stands still) self-destructing.

At the end of the day, nobody really knows the truth.

The concept that took me a long time to get my head around is, if the universe is expanding, then what is it expanding in to? The answer is nothing, and that takes a bit of thinking about, but does make sense when it dawns on you, as it did with me.

I expect Professor Bill will poo poo all that. Whistling nnocently

I don't believe that time and space are actually infinite. Just f**king big. Bigger than Lenny Kravitz' ego.

Scientists have recently discovered a means of measurement greater than infinity.
It is quantified as an SL unit - short for "shit load".
Example- "I have located an infinite amount of dark matter"
"Big deal, I've got a shit load more than that"

Quote: paulted @ 8th September 2021, 9:53 AM

Scientists have recently discovered a means of measurement greater than infinity.
It is quantified as an SL unit - short for "shit load".
Example- "I have located an infinite amount of dark matter"
"Big deal, I've got a shit load more than that"

Thanks. That explains it then.

Why is it that when anyone uses the expression 'cancel culture', you wish the c**t was cancelled?

Cancel c**ture?

Check out ITV1, ITV2, and ITVBe. All trace of culture has been completely cancelled and/or erased.

Quote: paulted @ 11th September 2021, 10:03 AM

Check out ITV1, ITV2, and ITVBe. All trace of culture has been completely cancelled and/or erased.

X 100000000000%

If we had to pay a licence fee to ITV - my telly would be straight in the wheelie bin

There was a newspaper article a while ago disputing claims that that the woke movement was limiting comedy... Cos ''''shocking'''' comics like Gervais and Carr kept getting the breaks. The flaw in that argument is that it only applies to established acts, whose audiences not only accept but actively encourage edgy material. Paradoxically, Jimmy Carr's audience would be more upset if he DIDN'T push the proverbial envelope. For the rest of us, it's not so easy.

It seems hypocritical that so many modern comedians project such bile at the right, christianity, monarchy, and outspoken public figures like Jeremy Clarkson, Piers Morgan yet display their bleeding heart wokeness with pride. The perfect example of this is channel four's The Last Leg, wishing love and unity on one hand, but displaying hate and personal abuse at the likes of Trump, Farage, Gove et al.
The best target for comedy is hypocracy.

The only problem I have with the last leg - is that it's about as funny as trapping the end of your foreskin in your zipper

That smug Australian guy ...: how the f**k he makes a living as a comedian?? Beggars belief

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th September 2021, 2:08 PM

The only problem I have with the last leg - is that it's about as funny as trapping the end of your foreskin in your zipper

That smug Australian guy ...: how the f**k he makes a living as a comedian?? Beggars belief

He's so woke its painful.
Josh Widdicombe is less funny than Anne.
Alex Brooker is a quality funnyman as he often hits the bullseye and does subversive, dark humour well. He's wasted on this show.