BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 29

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th September 2021, 10:20 AM

:D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th September 2021, 9:21 AM

I really don't know why I bother. Any criticism rather than complete f**king silence would have been better.

So, that's it - the 2nd Edition of "Daily Cock" and a skit on Lineker & Co on Match of the Day I was working on, are shelved.

I thought that was pretty funny, just hadn't commented yet.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th September 2021, 10:20 AM

'He will probably be quoted as saying after a member failed to post in time; For you ze game is over'

I'm genuinely hoping not to have to fire anyone from the league. Anyone. But if I have to, it will be done with maximum efficiency and prejudice. But no German accent.

Quote: jphellpool @ 5th September 2021, 6:12 PM

Up against Horseradish for the H2H this week.

I'll be hoping to overtake him in the cliquers too.

Has Herc kept faith? It's early days yet.

Thanks for reminding me. We are still in need of a name since Bunter took his ball away. We can't go on with 'Cliquers' so I've changed it to Up the Clique Without a Paddle. I will change this when we get a better one.

So put your thinking caps on. Remember the FPL will not allow words like c**t and arsehole. The word 'clique' does not have to feature. Winner earns a mystery gift and the long-lasting respect of their peers.

Clique and be Heroes (Just for one Day)

In Godot We trust

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th September 2021, 3:30 PM

We are still in need of a name since Bunter took his ball away.

The point is there are 12 teams in the BCG League of Gentlemen (plus myself), which was set up, and which everybody joined, at Alf's behest. I don't feel I should just close it unilaterally. I could, though, change the name of the league if that would help?

"The Clique shall inherit the Earth"

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th September 2021, 9:01 PM

The point is there are 12 teams in the BCG League of Gentlemen (plus myself), which was set up, and which everybody joined, at Alf's behest.

Only in the belief that the Cliquers league was unrecoverable as it originally was, after a day and a half trying everything to rectify it but nothing working. Then a few hours later the current Fuhrer correctly suggested the solution. (My IT skills have always been rubbish but not my promotional skills, as several new players joined in my tenure, and the forum went from c. 200 posts to >1300 under me last season). Good morning.

Das Football Boot.

In other words your league was a temporary solution which was otherwise solved within the end of weekend deadline I set, to quell the restlessness of some.

It was not intended that we have two leagues running concurrently. :S Even to add to Sunshine's collection.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th September 2021, 7:58 AM

In other words your league was a temporary solution which was otherwise solved within the end of weekend deadline I set, to quell the restlessness of some.

Be that as it may (but it wasn't):

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 5:02 PM

Okay, post your new league code here BB, whoever doesn't see it we can PM it to them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 7:43 PM

The sooner we get our lot transferred over the better imo.

but I don't want to open that can of worms again now that we're all happily ensconced back in the original league. The fact remains that I am now, by default, administrator of a 13 team league. If anybody had wanted to leave it to avoid the duplication to which you refer, they could of course have done so. Only one person has. Even you haven't done so. That makes me think that the remaining members wish to continue. I don't see it as my place, in that case, to close the league down unilaterally. I am, as I said, happy to change the name of the league if that helps with the re-naming of the cliquers league.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th August 2021, 8:19 AM

I don't want to open that can of worms again now that we're all happily ensconced back in the original league. The fact remains that I am now, by default, administrator of a 13 team league. If anybody had wanted to leave it to avoid the duplication to which you refer, they could of course have done so. Only one person has. Even you haven't done so. That makes me think that the remaining members wish to continue. I don't see it as my place, in that case, to close the league down unilaterally. I am, as I said, happy to change the name of the league if that helps with the re-naming of the cliquers league.

You have been asked to delete your league by the outgoing admin (Kipper) and the current admin (me), so it's impossible to view your behaviour as anything other than self-serving and two fingers to the spirit of the League.

Your claim that you 'don't see it as your place to close your league down unilaterally' is simply disingenuous nonsense. Your reason for keeping it going was actually stated by you in this thread on the 17th August:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th August 2021, 8:19 AM

I think I will keep it active for the moment so that those who are "booted" from the main league will have somewhere to continue to compete.

In other words you're hedging your bets. You're keeping your league going with as many people as possible just in case you get booted from the official league.

Considering you are next in line to take over the running of the official league next season this behaviour is EXTREMELY FUCKING POOR.

You should delete your rival league immediately or change the name and delete all the members who are also in the official league.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 7th September 2021, 7:45 PM

Clique and be Heroes (Just for one Day)

In Godot We trust

Thanks Steve. The Bowie one is excellent. I'm not allowing my name - it's not my league I'm just the janitor.

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th September 2021, 11:29 PM

"The Clique shall inherit the Earth"

Also excellent Larry.

There is a 30 character limit, so only 'Clique shall inherit the Earth' fits or 'The Clique wil inherit the Earth'.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th September 2021, 7:47 AM

Das Football Boot.

I like this too, although I'm not sure where the Nazi/German vibe has come from.

I'll gather all the entries (hopefully there will be more) and we'll have a vote.

I've just thought of one so I'll chuck that in; Cliquey Blinders

Just to reiterate the word 'Clique' or BCG does not have to feature but of course can.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th September 2021, 9:47 AM

If anybody had wanted to leave it to avoid the duplication to which you refer, they could of course have done so.

Fair point.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th September 2021, 3:30 PM

Thanks for reminding me. We are still in need of a name since Bunter took his ball away. We can't go on with 'Cliquers' so I've changed it to Up the Clique Without a Paddle. I will change this when we get a better one.

Cliques and Geeks

"Shit Clique"
"Clique and Destroy"
"It's all Clique to me"
"Clique Gods"