Satirical news site

Hi all,

Any comments welcome. Hopefully I'll get this updated a bit more updated regularly in the future.

https://mhughes56.wixsite.com/newsish

Thanks

Well written and funny, Michael. Good luck!

Not bad that Micheal not bad at all.

It looks really great, and some of the headlines are witty, but I feel it suffers from the same problem as its more famous counterparts, in that the whole articles are just the headline jokes written with more words.

The most recent haggard man one was the exception, I liked all the grotesque imagery, like "screaming portals to hell", so there's your gold standard.

Ignore me if you think that's too harsh, I'm always very critical about satire in general :)

Thanks for taking the time to read some of the articles. Really appreciate that.

Gappy, that's good advice. Something that I noticed in other satirical news sites too. I'll try to push further away from falling into the same trap.

Try it from an eye witnesses account, random people giving their take on it and not a very accurate one at that leaving you with tangents to bounce off.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th August 2021, 6:01 PM

Try it from an eye witnesses account, random people giving their take on it and not a very accurate one at that leaving you with tangents to bounce off.

Teddy, sorry,I don't understand what you are saying?

Don't be apologetic Playfull few do , it's my accent.

What I meant was what if he does real news stories like everyone else, only he has a slant where there is a witness no other news sites managed to trace.
This person can then give a wholly different account from their angle it would free him up.
Its like submitting to Newsjack etc, everyone has to draw from the same well so its very hard to be original. As such any sketch you write you should expect at least ten others to have done roughly the same.

So no matter how original you are, if the subject matter is stated up front like the news then the only way to be original is add something that isn't there.
In short take real news stories that have search traction already and add an angle no one else has. So its was more about getting noticed in heavy traffic.
Eg
When Prince Andrew claimed that he was in Pizza Express it was a massive story for news outlets and comedians alike but they were all pissing in the same pot.
So if your angle was always to find the person no one else did, in this case a waitress who he winked at or busker outside who was given a golden guinea by an unknown non sweaty hand to play a Gary Glitter songs.
These can then cast doubt on the actual date etc, as the waitress may have been doing something else like Auditioning to play Kes's mother or the busker may have took the guinea to Cash Convertors and still has a the dated receipt because he bought a second hand harmonica with some if the money and he's thinking of taking it back because he caught oral herpes etc etc
Once these are in place he can then join the news twitter stream on the subjects he's got covered driving them to his site with his 'Shock Angle'
Just a thought.

Teddy,

I had a go at trying to add a different angle to the last two stories. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if possible.

Thanks

Added a few new articles if anyone is interested in taking a look.