The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 725

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th September 2021, 5:35 PM

Middlesbrough defender Marc Bola has been charged with misconduct by the FA over a nine-year-old social media post made when he was 14!.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58435485?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=C6B8AC0C-0CDC-11EC-BE42-A78496E8478F&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_medium=custom7&fbclid=IwAR3BrFfCoqNqTYh94UJEVZWOjsGHY8BPcTSSF5N9CAeL4qDxRpEkHWeOebk

That article is utterly depressing, if it's not some kind of fake news hoax, which I'm still not sure of, it's that effing barmy. I'd take them to ACAS or whatever it's called, or pay for a good lawyer and appeal.

They must have been youth players at a club with some sort of contract because as I thought I understood it, you cannot get disciplined for something you did before you become a pro. Unless they lied in some pre joining interview about not having said anything naughty.

I'd never heard of this French international footballer or that he was in a coma for 39 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58463792

And where do they expect people to leave their bikes without them getting nicked?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58463458

Quote: Chappers @ 6th September 2021, 7:55 PM

And where do they expect people to leave their bikes without them getting nicked?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58463458

4:30pm kick off, end of September. Will they not be using floodlights? Or lighting in the stands to allow safe movement of the assembled masses?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 5th September 2021, 11:53 PM

That article is utterly depressing, if it's not some kind of fake news hoax, which I'm still not sure of, it's that effing barmy. I'd take them to ACAS or whatever it's called, or pay for a good lawyer and appeal.

They must have been youth players at a club with some sort of contract because as I thought I understood it, you cannot get disciplined for something you did before you become a pro. Unless they lied in some pre joining interview about not having said anything naughty.

The social media, especially Facebook, have gone mad. I am constantly getting banned over joke comments. I've written to them and the oversight board, but with no result. Big Brother IS watching.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th September 2021, 5:35 PM

Middlesbrough defender Marc Bola has been charged with misconduct by the FA over a nine-year-old social media post made when he was 14!.

Yeah, I preferred him in T-Rex,

Just watched the film The Keeper, which was on BBC2 last Sunday @ 10pm and is still available on the iPlayer. It is the story of Bert Trautmann. Very interesting, poignant, nostalgic and sad in equal measure. I can thoroughly recommend it.

Craig Dundas at the age of 40 becomes the oldest player to make a Football League debut when he came on as a second half substitute in Sutton United's 2-1 win over Stevenage today.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2021, 9:22 PM

Craig Dundas at the age of 40 becomes the oldest player to make a Football League debut when he came on as a second half substitute in Sutton United's 2-1 win over Stevenage today.

At one time that record was held by Dave Donaldson, at the age of 35, the captain of Wimbledon in their first-ever league game v Halifax at Plough Lane on 20 August 1977. I was there.

Dundo has been here for years and been at other clubs too. He's our fitness coach now.

I do have to ask myself what exactly Sean Dyche does with his throat.

Or is his voice just a juvenile sort of piss take?

Lingard's back-pass.
:D

Congrats England Ladies 8 - 0, but you have to feel a little bit for North Macedonia's 2 OGs. Almost Déjà vu when France beat them 0 - 7 this time last year.

So good to see Bristol Rovers failing abysmally. Time to sack the Manager.

Bloody Hell, Ipswich fluke a first win, and away!

Credit to Spurs for honouring the first ever #GameZero with zero goals, zero fight and zero points yesterday afternoon