I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,315

And you've even labelled what type of tree branch it is. Excellent.

(Chortles)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st August 2021, 7:42 PM

And you've even labelled what type of tree branch it is. Excellent.

Says Yew

Quote: beaky @ 31st August 2021, 4:47 PM

Thanks Herc! You're not as technically challenged as me...

No probs :)

The news programs have changed in the last years.
They used to have a variety of news and stories and finish on a humorous tale.

Now they obsess on one topic for weeks with no room for anything else (it's getting close to indoctrination)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd September 2021, 8:17 AM

Now they obsess on one topic for weeks with no room for anything else (it's getting close to indoctrination)

Yup, and that's why I rarely watch the news - boring! Along with that Carol what's her name who drones on and on about the weather on BBC Breakfast, and invariably it's far from correct.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd September 2021, 8:17 AM

Well if you will watch grown up telly, I'm sticking to Newsround.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd September 2021, 9:37 AM

that Carol what's her name who drones on and on about the weather on BBC Breakfast

I just turn the sound down and make sure the curtains are closed Whistling nnocently

Dirty boy! You'll go blind, or as Peter Ustinov said about one of his form teacher's sex talks - it was "Touch yourself down there and it will fall off" Pleased

Does anyone agree with me that rather than using satellite technology to identify every gravestone in the country, the Church should be focussing its brand on more traditional topics? Like regime change in jungles that are merely pretending to be Islamic, Trans marriage, divorce and out of court settlements and at the 11am service every seventh Sunday the Resurrection? A rare thing......I identify with Tony Blair here. He was once Prime Minister. I was once the Archbishop of Canterbury. Our time has gone but still we feel a moral duty to speak out.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 2nd September 2021, 9:36 PM

jungles that are merely pretending to be Islamic

I knew fruit was religious, there's an orange march, but surely not all vegetation.

Quote: Firkin @ 2nd September 2021, 11:15 PM

I knew fruit was religious, there's an orange march, but surely not all vegetation.

Yus indeed to be sure to be sure. To be sure. Yus. Abba are back. Lovely jubbly. Does anyone agree with me that our normal sexual development and all round arrival of adult maturity was rather weirdly nudged a bit off course by the fact that we were all in sheets from Brentford Nylons? I doubt they came at the right time. Personally I never asked to become some gooey electrostatic leprechaun with a temperature of 105,

When you hear on the radio about someone being an Abba fan who else thinks about a Welsh mining disaster in the 1960s?

Never occurred to me

USA USA USA!!

The drone strike that the Pentagon claimed killed an ISIS-K suicide bomber in Kabul actually targeted an aid worker who had filled his car with water jugs, rather than explosives, according to a shocking new report.

Zemari Ahmadi, 43, was driving the 1996 Toyota Corolla that was destroyed in the August 29 drone strike, killing him and nine family members, including seven children, according to a New York Times investigation.