Bird
Cat

A sequence would have been better with the cat being what comes fourth

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th August 2021, 3:44 PM

A sequence would have been better with the cat being what comes fourth

You have the right reason so well done.

Almost brilliant.

I just did four clues instead of three.

So the answer is dog which is the fifth one introduced in the song.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th August 2021, 9:33 AM

You have the right reason so well done.

Almost brilliant.

I just did four clues instead of three.

So the answer is dog which is the fifth one introduced in the song.

Yes, but I don't know if you noticed, this is the Only Connect thread, which has only 4 connections over all the 4 rounds.

Coincidentally, there is a fifth, but that is only an alternative question setters have to supply if the editor doesn't like one of the others pitched.

Speaking of OC editors, as we were, you're as bad them, moving the goal posts! Pleased

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th August 2021, 4:07 PM

Yes, but I don't know if you noticed, this is the Only Connect thread, which has only 4 connections over all the 4 rounds.

Coincidentally, there is a fifth, but that is only an alternative question setters have to supply if the editor doesn't like one of the others pitched.

Speaking of OC editors, as we were, you're as bad them, moving the goal posts! Pleased

I didn't do it deliberately as I am not controversial. I was also reassuring my teddy bear at the time who happens incidentally to be my twin brother. Sometimes you have to attend to what matters. Personally I don't think any old woman should swallow any flies. But tell me, where else in life does it matter what the difference between 4 and 5 is as you won't find any. So the quiz is weird and not in the real world.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th August 2021, 9:17 PM

................... So the quiz is weird and not in the real world.

Change "quiz" for "horseradish" - that's you, that is. :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th August 2021, 11:50 PM

Change "quiz" for "horseradish" - that's you, that is. :P

Oh I see it now. Four words, dash, four words. You are obsessed by fours. - My "remarks" are not like that. I "always" do five words;

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th August 2021, 8:09 AM

Oh I see it now. Four words, dash, four words. You are obsessed by fours. - My "remarks" are not like that. I "always" do five words;

No, the format of OC is at every stage in fours, and we are on a thread about Only Connect.

I have an idea - you devise a quiz based around 5 and pitch it to one of the independents. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th August 2021, 9:00 AM

No, the format of OC is at every stage in fours, and we are on a thread about Only Connect.

I have an idea - you devise a quiz based around 5 and pitch it to one of the independents. :D

To be fair, I only watched it in the Bob Holness and Richard Whitely eras.

Alan Coren is great on the wireless but I had no idea he looked like that and I find it a bit disturbing.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th August 2021, 10:10 AM

Alan Coren is great on the wireless but I had no idea he looked like that and I find it a bit disturbing.

I'm sure Victoria would have something to say about that, and she's not the sort of person you mess about with! Huh?

These all look quite normal.

I might watch it but it's not as fun without a co spectator or two
may have to save it up

I only watched the end of it.

Thought she was a bit dismissive of the letter I wrote to her to be fair.

In contrast, Linda Lusardi is always thrilled with my correspondence.

One of my questions on there tonight, but you know, I wasn't sure until I saw my name in the closing titles, as yet again, they'd altered it. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th August 2021, 11:57 PM

One of my questions on there tonight, but you know, I wasn't sure until I saw my name in the closing titles, as yet again, they'd altered it. Angry

Which question? Music?