I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,314

Not as a Christian you wouldn't. You'd turn the other cheek and forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th August 2021, 8:09 PM

You can hardly be surprised
After we have bombed the living shit out of the Middle East in recent decades

Or reacted as we were entrusted to, to get a rogue nation's Dictator out of a rich moderate country to help fund his mass persecution of non Sunni Muslims. Which in turn upset a Saudi funded terrorist cell called Al Qaeda enough to commit the biggest single act of terror in modern times. Which inevitably sparked a mass military response, albeit through very dubious political means. You don't bomb America and expect not to hear from them.

Christian when it suits.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th August 2021, 8:45 PM

Or reacted as we were entrusted to, to get a rogue nation's Dictator out of a rich moderate country to help fund his mass persecution of non Sunni Muslims. Which in turn upset a Saudi funded terrorist cell called Al Qaeda enough to commit the biggest single act of terror in modern times. Which inevitably sparked a mass military response, albeit through very dubious political means. You don't bomb America and expect not to hear from them.

OIL !

Does anyone agree with me that people who own more than one car should have all but one of their cars forcibly taken from them under new legislation unless they agree to do 30 hours of lorry driving each week?

Those who agree to get into HGVs for this length of time weekly will keep their cars but solve the problem of the lorry driver shortage. Those who refuse to become truckers will just be down to one car and in being so put an immediate end to global climate change by eliminating unnecessary excess carbon emissions.

So it is win-win surely.

Does having a car and a motorbike count? It's rare I take both out at the same time though ;)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th August 2021, 8:51 AM

Does anyone agree with me that people who own more than one car should have all but one of their cars forcibly taken from them under new legislation unless they agree to do 30 hours of lorry driving each week?

Those who agree to get into HGVs for this length of time weekly will keep their cars but solve the problem of the lorry driver shortage. Those who refuse to become truckers will just be down to one car and in being so put an immediate end to global climate change by eliminating unnecessary excess carbon emissions.

So it is win-win surely.

Your logic is screwed up.

People who own two cars only drive one at a time. So if they didn't own both, the other car might well be on the road at the same time so owning two cars is reducing pollution.

John Cleese is working on a series that will explore cancel culture.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woke-generation-is-rewriting-rules-on-what-can-be-said-legendary-monty-python-actor-to-release-series-on-cancel-culture

Quote: DaButt @ 29th August 2021, 6:36 PM

What could possibly go wrong?

Who stupidly left all that lying around?

Quote: DaButt @ 30th August 2021, 6:47 PM

John Cleese is working on a series that will explore cancel culture.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woke-generation-is-rewriting-rules-on-what-can-be-said-legendary-monty-python-actor-to-release-series-on-cancel-culture

He hasn't done anything good since 1988's A Fish Called Wanda, so my hopes aren't high. I fear it'll just been an old man grumbling, "You can't say anything now."

I did a cartoon about the Cleese show, it's in the latest Private Eye, out tomorrow. I can't work out how to post it, otherwise I would do.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0xmIaPjh4DHlCjpzmpzmUwCQQ

You can see it with that link.

Thanks Herc! You're not as technically challenged as me...

Great cartoon by the way.

Thanks, Stephen.