Status report Page 6,107

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th August 2021, 4:57 PM

Bank Holiday weekend so I thought I'd take a stroll along the seafront. Never again. On the seafront I saw a couple having a shouting match until the woman smacked her husband in the head and it all kicked off. Then a policeman turned up but instead of trying to calm things down, he starts belting the man with his truncheon. In the end the husband gets the truncheon off the policeman and starts hitting him and his wife with it! Final straw was when this crocodile turned up and stole all the sausages.

You had me going there for a minute!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th August 2021, 4:57 PM

Bank Holiday weekend so I thought I'd take a stroll along the seafront. Never again. On the seafront I saw a couple having a shouting match until the woman smacked her husband in the head and it all kicked off. Then a policeman turned up but instead of trying to calm things down, he starts belting the man with his truncheon. In the end the husband gets the truncheon off the policeman and starts hitting him and his wife with it! Final straw was when this crocodile turned up and stole all the sausages.

Laughing out loud Love it!

The £1000 I stuck in Crypto currency on the advice of my son (!) back in Dec. 2018 and alarming went down to £107 in March 2020, is now back up to over £1500 (at this very moment) Errr , so the greed in me wants to hold out for £2000 before I cash in with a promise to myself of sticking with Premium Bonds, which regularly pay me a half decent dividend with the (slim - OK, very slim) possible reward of £1,000,000.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2021, 6:03 AM

The £1000 I stuck in Crypto currency on the advice of my son (!) back in Dec. 2018 and alarming went down to £107 in March 2020, is now back up to over £1500 (at this very moment) Errr , so the greed in me wants to hold out for £2000 before I cash in with a promise to myself of sticking with Premium Bonds, which regularly pay me a half decent dividend with the (slim - OK, very slim) possible reward of £1,000,000.

I really don't understand this stuff.

How you get hold of it - not actually.

What you get.

If it could all just disappear.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th August 2021, 8:17 AM

I really don't understand this stuff.

How you get hold of it - not actually.

What you get.

If it could all just disappear.

Nor do I

My son is the knowledgeable one

Enormous riches IF you get it right

It nearly did..................and still could

Mended the leak under the kitchen sink (oof, that stunk) Cleaned the gas burners jets on the cooker (nice blue flames now) and filled a dustbin bag with out of date shite and stuff we'll never use from a kitchen cupboard.
Now, just to walk the dog and I'm free for an afternoon of sport on the couch without any pecking from 'er indoors.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2021, 9:23 AM

Nor do I

My son is the knowledgeable one

Enormous riches IF you get it right

It nearly did..................and still could

I've read stories of people having their bank accounts closed by their bank - cos they don't want customers who use their current accounts to buy bitcoin and other similar currencies

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th August 2021, 12:21 PM

I've read stories of people having their bank accounts closed by their bank - cos they don't want customers who use their current accounts to buy bitcoin and other similar currencies

Bought mine 3 years ago - no problems.

I remember talking to you about premium bonds a few months back

I've been in 5 draws now and won every month!

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th August 2021, 6:10 PM

I remember talking to you about premium bonds a few months back

I've been in 5 draws now and won every month!

Well, there you go - now I have this cracking little investment involving a tin mine in the foothills of Afghanistan. You can't go wrong - all I need is your bank details. Cool

Just checked me plums.
They're red and full.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th August 2021, 2:52 PM

Just checked me plums.
They're red and full.

Anything else swollen you'd like to tell us about?

Heading to the airport for an early flight to Seattle for my son's wedding. Looking forward to seeing my kids and grandkids again.

Does anyone agree with me that when Jaden Philogene-Bidace comes round to your house, as he kindly did to mine today, and then you go up to the airfield to meet Justin Welby, Avril Lavigne and Vera Lynn for a quiet picnic, as we did today, the last thing you need as you walk back home through the woods is to be confronted by a 75 foot high mauve squirrel covered in tinsel and with a spliff saying you are my Dad?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd September 2021, 11:33 PM

Does anyone agree with me that when Jaden Philogene-Bidace comes round to your house, as he kindly did to mine today, and then you go up to the airfield to meet Justin Welby, Avril Lavigne and Vera Lynn for a quiet picnic, as we did today, the last thing you need as you walk back home through the woods is to be confronted by a 75 foot high mauve squirrel covered in tinsel and with a spliff saying you are my Dad?

Hmm, I don't think you should have eaten the purple mushrooms on that walk.