BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 25

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th August 2021, 11:27 PM

Bad luck but there was no guarantee he would play and thanks to the assist you avoided a negative score. Bunter got a -7 from Bednarek last season. That's pain.

Still reeling that you wildcarded the week before an international break when you you were only 21 points off the lead and 4 points from second place.

You must really believe in the power of momentum.

I was just trying to make the shape of the team I fancy going forward , and I usually do loads of transfer hits so thought I'd hold out on those for a change
But didn't know about the International break ( Jeez what is the thread going to turn into during that time* )
With Ronaldo and Kane now in the mix I'm adopting a wait and see policy
And Wildcards piss me off in General but will save the others just to try and have more than Kipper when he gets to the point where he keeps going on about them

*The Herc & Horse Show maybe

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 28th August 2021, 12:24 AM

Oh f**k did you buy Lukaku

I told you I hadn't, but would you listen? Would you f**k, and now he's "reaped" you 2 points. :P

It's a Snickers not a sprint
He can bully most other defences, but Liverpool are pretty good at the back

Doesn't change the fact that Lukaku, like me, is jinxed.

Probably, I never rated him anyway
He'll be ditched soon once i go transfer crazy

No! You stick with him, and give me a chance to catch you up. I like a challenge - especially lost causes. :(

I think Godot will have to make a transfer this week.
One of his players was transferred to Tel Aviv

Quote: don rushmore @ 27th August 2021, 6:57 PM

Tables now update after each batch of games, rather than two in the morning. Big improvement.

Huge improvement yes, they've obviously changed their old browser like I did.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th August 2021, 9:14 AM

I wouldn't worry too much, Tuchel is balder and more mental than Pep. There's a fairly strong chance he'll play Lukaku in goal and himself upfront. I'm not even kidding. What's certain is the team will look nothing like the one that played Arsenal.

No, he's going to rival fellow Kraut Klopp. Look how quickly he's turned Chelsea around with that Teutonic efficiency, Hitler would've been proud to have him as a Wehrmacht General (- pron. hard g). Pirate

Quote: Ben @ 28th August 2021, 9:00 PM

Do you think he'll be playing every week? Good point about Fernandes and his penalties though, they'll certainly take a hit over the season now. I'm intrigued about what Ronaldo's price will be as well, I suspect he'll be in the highest 5%.

I thought Anton meant he'd create more free kicks and penalties for Fernandes but you could be right, Ronaldo's ego may insist on being the set piece taker, it may even be in his contract, along with the number 7 shirt and a large mirror all to himself.

If they play together like they did for Portugal at the euros then forget Fernandes for points. He was clearly intimidated by the preening superstar and his game went to pieces (not set pieces), so how the young OGS manages this clash will be most interesting...

Quote: Ben @ 28th August 2021, 9:00 PM

Do you think he'll be playing every week? Good point about Fernandes and his penalties though, they'll certainly take a hit over the season now. I'm intrigued about what Ronaldo's price will be as well, I suspect he'll be in the highest 5%.

I think he will play every week as his playing stats are really impressive. He takes all free-kicks and pens for Portugal so I can't see Bruno getting much of a look in at United. Although, his assist ratio should go up because we finally have some aerial presence for those good crosses.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th August 2021, 12:40 AM

Probably, I never rated him anyway
He'll be ditched soon once i go transfer crazy

I've always enjoyed the 'one week to prove yourself or you're out' protocol that you've often employed. Riyad Mahrez - what happened to him, eh?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th August 2021, 9:14 AM

No, he's going to rival fellow Kraut Klopp. Look how quickly he's turned Chelsea around with that Teutonic efficiency,

Sorry, no, Tuchel is not Klopp. He's so wired he can't even line up food with his mouth. He's way too thin to be a football manager. And as for 'Teutonic efficiency', I used to live in Germany - it's one of the most bureaucratic places on earth.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th August 2021, 9:38 AM

Ronaldo's ego may insist on being the set piece taker, it may even be in his contract, along with the number 7 shirt and a large mirror all to himself.

Steve has a rather good Ronaldo joke, that I believe he even earned some folding for. I remember it, but I'll let him tell it, if he wants to.

Over the moon that I've failed to do a Chappers this week.

Not at all happy with my start but, like Corporal Jones himself, I have refused to panic and have bided my time, waiting for early season form to settle down and not wanting to do anything rash until the end of the transfer window and until the international break is over (with its potential for injury or illness). However, I will now have a good clear out and hope to come back after the break with a team with a more competitive bent.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 29th August 2021, 5:24 PM

Steve has a rather good Ronaldo joke, that I believe he even earned some folding for. I remember it, but I'll let him tell it, if he wants to.

I can't remember

Was it
I tried to download the latest version of Flash player
They sent me a picture of Christian Ronaldo

Although I did get paid for one about Leo Messi a couple of weeks back
Messi's father Jorge worked in a steel factory and his mother Celia worked in a place that manufactured Magnets
So you can see where the attraction was there

(sometimes they write themselves)