The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 724

Cristiano Ronaldo 5/1 to be top Premier League goalscorer this season.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th August 2021, 6:33 PM

I really hoped he'd go to City.

What happened to Financial Fair Play?

Quote: Chappers @ 27th August 2021, 6:15 PM

I don't think anyone could save Ipswich Town.

Yup, a succession of managers over the last 10 years has proved that, I think. And I dunno why.......

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th August 2021, 6:33 PM

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown onto two bumps on a log. Like chalk dust. In the sea.

Ooh, ooh, ooh. So now we are going to be allowed to, wow, stand in the top tiers of football. This world went to hell in a handcart with that "nothing is better than sex" tripe. Yeah, right. Chuck your plates at each other and scream to the point of each other's breakdown and then go "oh yes, darlin' let's squelch and make up". Two hours later it is teapots and the intervention of social services. Sorry but I'm not 'avin it.

It's illogical. No. What people really love, irrespective of gender, is to stick their arms on each others' shoulders and press into them with every part of their bodies totally non sexually and vice versa with breaths full of Guinness, women's food like yoghurt in their gobs and even tubbed seafood. Spilling at most deliberately or not a cup of bovril down their fashion wear. Then just crowdsurfing off so that they can't be identified or done for laundry bills. This is some way back to normality but I'm worried about the barrier restrictions which are all a bit Victorian and don't address at all in law dubious private oral intimacy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th November 2020, 12:40 AM

"The Arsenal Stadium Mystery" from 1939, which is quite good for a pre war film, which has a murder which takes place during a match between Arsenal and The Trojans (actually Brentford). I seem to remember that the victim was one of the footballers who collapses on the field and then I think there is another murder.

Bit different and well worth a look.

This was on again on TPTV last Saturday. You could tell it was based on a work of fiction. Arsenal scored!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th August 2021, 11:37 AM

This was on again on TPTV last Saturday. You could tell it was based on a work of fiction. Arsenal scored!

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

I'd really laugh if one of those players who lies down behind a wall gets landed on and badly injured.

I still can't get over the fact that Vieira is the manager of Palace. To my mind, it is a bit like Winston Churchill returning from the dead to become Mayor of Croydon.

Watching the Hungarian fans last night throw beer cups and objects at the England footballers makes you realise they are at least culturally 50 years behind the rest of Europe.
There were reports of monkey chants too.
I remember it being like this at English football matches in the 70's. Totally unacceptable these days.

A 4 -0 thrashing and, I hope a ban to follow will hurt.

Drinking what was thrown on the pitch to make some sort of point was a bit dodgy though, wasn't it?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd September 2021, 7:59 AM

Watching the Hungarian fans last night throw beer cups and objects at the England footballers makes you realise they are at least culturally 50 years behind the rest of Europe.
There were reports of monkey chants too.
I remember it being like this at English football matches in the 70's. Totally unacceptable these days.

A 4 -0 thrashing and, I hope a ban to follow will hurt.

They can join us when we get banned for the behaviour of our "supporters" at the Euro 2020 final.

Middlesbrough defender Marc Bola has been charged with misconduct by the FA over a nine-year-old social media post made when he was 14!.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58435485?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=C6B8AC0C-0CDC-11EC-BE42-A78496E8478F&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_medium=custom7&fbclid=IwAR3BrFfCoqNqTYh94UJEVZWOjsGHY8BPcTSSF5N9CAeL4qDxRpEkHWeOebk

The Brazil v Argentina World Cup qualifier was abandoned five minutes after kick-off today after Brazilian Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) officials stormed on to the pitch objecting to the participation of four English based Argentina players (Emiliano Buendia & Emiliano Martinez of Aston Villa and Giovani lo Celso & Cristian Romero of Tottenham), for breaking quarantine rules.

It was alleged, after consulting the passports of the four players involved, that they failed to comply with the rule for the entry of travellers on to Brazilian soil. According to ANVISA, the players in question declared that they had not passed through the UK in the last 14 days.

They shouldn't have gone in the first place, especially against club orders. They are from South America, they know how political the govts. there can be, especially after their country's just beaten Brazil in the Copa Banana Final. And the two countries are hardly best friends anyway. They'll probably be slung in jail demanding a huge bail sum to set them free.