Sean Lock Page 3

Absolutely gutted. R.I.P. Sean

RIP Sean Lock.

I do usually feel that bit of sadness when a celeb I like does pass away, but some hit a bit harder. And it's one of those deaths that has really hit, I've enjoyed so much of what he has done.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 18th August 2021, 4:16 PM

Absolutely gutted. R.I.P. Sean

Random Nilbo, summoned only by celebrity deaths.

Terrible news. The Broadcasting of "out of 10 cats does countdown" out of sequence had led me to think he'd recovered. I do remember watching it a while ago though when his voice was terrible.

RIP.

I'd never seen 15 Stories High and just watched an episode on YouTube. It was marvellous!

When I read that he'd quit 8 out of 10 Cats in 2015 I thought, that can't be right
Forgetting that 8 out of 10 Cats is not just an abbreviation for 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown

Anyway, definitely my favourite British stand up of all time
who I had the pleasure of seeing in his early days at the Cosmic Comedy Club in Fulham once
I remember him having a recurring gag where he'd do a choppy Karate move and every time the punchline was different
one time it was " 8 thugs taken out in one go" and one of the others " Three pounds of Cheese grated in 10 seconds"

Will be sadly missed
RIP Sean

OH No! RIP Sean.
He was one of the few of today's comedians that actually made me laugh.

Watching another repeat tonight - I can't get over it. RIP Sir.

Very sad news.

Sean with Lee Mack on TV Heaven, Telly Hell discuss pub sports ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8O_96Cr2mA

Watched another episode in bed - the one with the horse. Love Tyrone being teased at Billingsgate.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th August 2021, 11:50 PM

Watching another repeat tonight - I can't get over it. RIP Sir.

The 9:00pm repeat of 8oo10 CDC was replaced by the IT Crowd** last night, with no explanation, but you would have thought someone could have said something, even though it was obvious why.
BUT that beggars the question - why didn't they leave it as a homage? And then the two early in the hour's ones were replaced by ones without Sean, and again with just a cursory announcement of "This is not the programme listed"

** Still had a good laugh though as it was the one where Roy and Moss bunk off work and get involved in a bomb scare. V Funny.

Hopefully they're building a little tribute night within the next few days and saving up all the episodes for that? He certainly deserves it.

Quote: Lee @ 19th August 2021, 9:53 AM

Hopefully they're building a little tribute night within the next few days and saving up all the episodes for that? He certainly deserves it.

Yes, we can live in hope, but I can't see it - not C4. He so does though deserve it, as you say.

Still think they could have said something though, instead of silence.

15 storeys high is one of the best sitcoms of this century , and it was and still is a total shame that the last series was shunted away on bbc 3 at 11pm saturdays nights.

15 Storeys High is great, I've gushed about it on here before. Dialogue worthy of Victoria Wood or Alan Bennett. At his best he was incredibly inspired while still being crude, scathing or just straightforwardly hilarious. He did both simultaneously, as many people have pointed out, and I struggle to even try to explain it. Gorgeously bleak.

I was lucky enough to see him live once in 2017 when he was touring "Keep It Light", his last show.

RIP.