BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 17

Or God's Own Genetically Modified Poultry Trotter Sniffers.

I suppose that will be the next one I have to endure.

We didn't have this in the days of Gerry.

She was a very sensible and decent woman.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th August 2021, 11:26 AM

I'm not sure how many of us will manage it.

I don't know.
If we can stretch some footballers kneeling down to about 15 pages, this should be a piece of piss.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th August 2021, 11:26 AM

I'm not sure how many of us will manage it. My rule was just 6 posts for the season and at least 3 players didn't manage that!

The once-a-week posting rule will be relaxed over Xmas, and the shorter GWs I expect.

Quote: jphellpool @ 18th August 2021, 9:48 AM

Fair enough. PM me the code please and I'll try and stick to the etiquette. Seems fair.

I've sent you the code.

Are you happy being referred to as 'JP' going forward?

Quote: don rushmore @ 18th August 2021, 1:40 PM

The once-a-week posting rule will be relaxed over Xmas, and the shorter GWs I expect.

The rule is designed to encourage people to post, it's not meant to be a 'lingering threat'. Hopefully by Christmas when the fixtures pile up we will have a full complement of regular posters and we can do without a rule.

And yes if the time between gameweeks is reduced the rule will be relaxed in accordance. I'm not trying to get rid of anybody. I want all to stay and play.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th August 2021, 3:25 PM

Hopefully by Christmas when the fixtures pile up we will have a full complement of regular posters and we can do without a rule.

The once-a-week posting rule might be changed mid-season?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th August 2021, 3:25 PM

The rule is designed to encourage people, it's not meant to be a 'lingering threat'. Hopefully by Christmas ... ... we can do without a rule.

And yes if the time between gameweeks is reduced the rule will be relaxed in accordance.

You weren't responsible for framing the government's Coronavirus legislation by any chance were you?

Quote: don rushmore @ 18th August 2021, 4:47 PM

The once-a-week posting rule might be changed mid-season?

Every year you have complained that too many people take the piss re posting and nothing gets done about it. Now something has. Spend your energy more wisely going forward on something that actually needs attention Don, instead of trying to be a dick towards me.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th August 2021, 5:51 PM

You weren't responsible for framing the government's Coronavirus legislation by any chance were you?

Sadly not. If it had been up to me I would have let everybody die.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 3:15 PM

this league will never have a fairer admin than me. I've already said that I will enact any changes by a member vote rather than handing down a ruling.

Will there be a vote on the post or be booted rule?

I'm not sure about the admin trying to get you to quit every other league rule
But apart from that it all seems dandy
The new Admin has a wonderful head of hair and that's always been enough for me
Don't know what Kippers hair is like but I always pictured a mullet

I think the one suitable post a week is a bit tricky. People go away or offline for a week or two and purposely avoid work and going online but to expect them to make an exception from that rule just to post on here is a bit tough. Also, do you want the extra admin Godot? Are you going to have a list of the 14 and tick them off every week?

I would love to know everyone's Punt of the Week. Mine was Benrahma.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 19th August 2021, 10:06 AM

People go away or offline for a week or two and purposely avoid work and going online .

People could post an "Out of Office" message if they're off-line?

Quote: playfull @ 18th August 2021, 10:13 PM

Will there be a vote on the post or be booted rule?

No.

I went out of my way to only make one rule to avoid people complaining saying 'too many rules', 'taking all the fun out of it' etc., etc..

It's also not my rule. There was a posting requirement last season - it was just very slight - 6 posts over the season. This has been something that has been debated since the league was formed, that some people do not 'pull their weight' in terms of posting and contributing but still want to have the competition and enjoy the status of being BCG league champion should they win. Kipper puts it very well when he calls them 'trophy hunters'. The non participation from some members has a knock-on effect of reducing morale of those that do post and generally making it less and less worthwhile to have the league in the first place.

One of the reasons I've been suggested as admin a number of times is because it's thought (correctly) that I would enforce a posting rule.

I think the one suitable post a week is a bit tricky. People go away or offline for a week or two and purposely avoid work and going online but to expect them to make an exception from that rule just to post on here is a bit tough.

Sorry Anton, I don't agree. If you've got time to set up your team each week you've got five minutes to write three lines on here.

I have to say I'm staggered by the surliness and foot-dragging this ultra modest posting requirement has elicited from some people. It confirms my belief that the human race should cede its hegemony to the ants, moss and krill.

BTW - your avatar is a bloke typing - maybe change that if you're limited in your ability to write posts? As for going away there are obviously places where internet access is unobtainable. That would also mean you wouldn't be able to update your team. If a player tells me they are going on holiday or taking a break somewhere where there is no internet I will drop their posting requirement for that period provided they do not also alter their team.

Also, do you want the extra admin Godot? Are you going to have a list of the 14 and tick them off every week?

Yes and Yes.

I would love to know everyone's Punt of the Week. Mine was Benrahma.

Since Benrahma was in virtually all of the online teams (yeah I know none of you saw them) I wouldn't consider him a punt. For first week punts See Lazzard and Herc.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th August 2021, 11:18 PM

I'm not sure about the admin trying to get you to quit every other league rule
But apart from that it all seems dandy
The new Admin has a wonderful head of hair and that's always been enough for me
Don't know what Kippers hair is like but I always pictured a mullet

Thanks Steve. It's not shallow or gay to admire my hair in any way for the avoidance of doubt.

I've always pictured Kipper as a bald man. He hates Corbyn and those people tend to be bald for some reason.

This is how I imagine the League wears it hair:

Anton - Cuckolded intellectual. David Hare hair.

Steve - Work-safe quiff. Stylish.

Don - Grown out borstal cut.

Radish - Shaved to show metal plate

Kipper - Bald

Bunter - Eton crop, receding.

Dan - Paint-flecked afro

Goodlad - Homecut with ears clear for darts, fags and dog-whistle.

Vanden Stock - Islands in the Stream.

Ben - Curly with a hint of gentlemen's product.

Fiori - Sprayed on.

Lazzard - Flat White

Herc - On end.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th August 2021, 7:20 PM

Radish - Shaved to show metal plate

Laughing out loud

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th August 2021, 7:20 PM

Don - Grown out borstal cut.

Laughing out loud Correct