BCG Super 6 League Page 3

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th August 2021, 12:12 AM

I'm guessing your real name is not Hercules. Has showing your real name to the adminners confused matters and they can't match you up with Hercules? If so just re enter the code and join in your real name like the rest of us. We can add the 8pts on at the end.

This did occur to me, after I managed to get onto the site - what I don't understand is why this didn't crop up when I first applied and put in my first predictions, which now, I cannot see for some reason. :S

The situation is still the same with joining the BCG league - I put in the code in the "Join a League" box and it states "There was a problem joining the league" Angry

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th August 2021, 7:58 AM

Your BCG name is there - and your points.

Don't forget to click the 'beat Jeff' button. If you beat his score each week, you go into a £500 prize draw.

I wish I could see it, on both counts. :(

Well, got onto the Sky "Help me - I'm a weak and feeble idiot" Teary, BUT their phone line is STILL not working, so had to settle for a live chat and the guy came up with clearing all the cookies, history etc. etc. and logging on again, two or three times to clear everything - so, (fortunately my son is at home) I got my son to check that I wouldn't do something stupid like delete everything on the hard drives, BUT he just popped a couple of buttons and hey presto there it all was, as it was before it all went pear-shaped!!

Ahh, the joys of having your own techie at home. :D

I was going to mention disabling cookies but I thought you might think I meant a gingerbread man with a leg missing.
Welcome back aboard young herc.
Oh, and there are matches tonight that count - get em in.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th August 2021, 10:35 AM

I was going to mention disabling cookies
but I thought you might think I meant a gingerbread man with a leg missing.

:D I'm not that much of a virgin.

Welcome back aboard young herc.

Ta :*

Oh, and there are matches tonight that count - get em in.

Already done, along with that Jeff's 5 grand, or whatever it was.

I got the Huddersfield score correct tonight. A 1-0 victory. It seems some here didn't have the same confidence! :)

Me, and I support them.

Argh, I tinkered my way out of a 5 pointer, my FPL malady has migrated here. Pirate Had Coventry to win 1-0 then checked the pundits' predictions and they all had Blackpool to win so I changed it, thinking they knew better. Coventry are one of my tips for at least the play offs.

Talking of the pundits, there are two more, who I don't know, that's why I left them out. If players here would like them in the league, lemme know and I'll add them. Shame they they let Le Tiss go, he'd definitely be in.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th August 2021, 11:39 PM

Argh, I tinkered my way out of a 5 pointer, my FPL malady has migrated here. Pirate Had Coventry to win 1-0 then checked the pundits' predictions and they all had Blackpool to win so I changed it, thinking they knew better. Coventry are one of my tips for at least the play offs.

Talking of the pundits, there are two more, who I don't know, that's why I left them out. If players here would like them in the league, lemme know and I'll add them. Shame they they let Le Tiss go, he'd definitely be in.

I signed up to it.

One of them might be mine.

I randomly chose a name other than A Horseradish.

But I can't say any more.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th August 2021, 11:39 PM

Well, I got it dead right :D

AND It says:-

"Golden Goal"

The Golden Goal was scored by Aleksandar Mitrovic in the 3rd minute.
You predicted the 3rd minute.

Do I get nuffin for that?

You get a nuffin muffin.

Not that I'm bothered, so what's the effin' point of that.

I think it's just a decider if you get every prediction right and someone else does. Nearest wins the dosh

Thanks for that. Laughing out loud And what are the odds of that happening - 2 people winning it.

By the way, it seems I'm now 6th and you're 7th........................already, and me a week short. :D

I know - kiss of death and wouldn't let it lie

Feeoree, are you having trouble signing in? I see you've missed the last two games after a promising start.

I've added the other two Sky pundits, whoever they are - so, far not big scorers. Thought they might provide targets for those who've started late and are lower in the table, but if players don't want them in, lemme know and I'll remove them.

I've also put another call out on the FPL thread for those who might want to join. I don't think this game impacts at all on our efforts in the FPL does it? It's very quick and simple to play.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st August 2021, 9:16 AM

I don't think this game impacts at all on our efforts in the FPL does it? It's very quick and simple to play.

I don't know - I put aside every Friday afternoon (and many Tuesday afternoons) to sit down with the Racing Post and the soccerpunter.com website before entering my selections. Cool