Status report Page 6,106

Seriously I haven't seen one since about 1987

Do you suffer from Paraskevidekatriaphobia (fear of parrots) or Friggatriskaidekaphobia (fear of sex)?

You are not alone................ Wave

Steve Coogan in a major part in a drama about the Stephen Lawrence case seems.... odd and also a little wrong

Or maybe it's just me...

On a plane in Paris and waiting to fly home. As I always say when I'm leaving Paris, "I hope I never come back here again." The airport experience here is hideous, and customer service and courtesy in general are sorely lacking. Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic were fun, however.

Are you sure this is Paris, France you're visiting?
That and Avignon my favourite French cities.

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th August 2021, 8:01 PM

Steve Coogan in a major part in a drama about the Stephen Lawrence case seems.... odd and also a little wrong

Or maybe it's just me...

It's definitely a bit jarring when you see him in the trailers.

Yep

I just see Partridge or Paul Calf

Seems to trivialise it

But to be fair Coogan is a decent actor and has done some non comedy roles before?

Very odd though

Quote: DaButt @ 14th August 2021, 10:39 AM

On a plane in Paris and waiting to fly home. As I always say when I'm leaving Paris, "I hope I never come back here again." The airport experience here is hideous, and customer service and courtesy in general are sorely lacking. Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic were fun, however.

No wonder they all want to escape in dinghies.

Saw the Boomtown rats yesterday
Didn't have to pay or go far as they were playing in the park outside my house

Any good Steve ? They had some good hits like this one:

Never understood the appeal of the Rats, and Geldof couldn't sing for toffee. The man is OK though, as he speaks his mind and doesn't give a toss - even more so now, like Peter Sellers said when the dosh rolled in and he called it the F**k You Money.

People will protest about anything nowadays.

For the last 6 -9 months they have been filming the new Mission Impossible film all around my area.
Tom Cruise has popped up all over Yorkshire.

They are now setting up a scene where a steam railway engine and train carriages go over a cliff into a quarry.
They've laid laid the tracks and brought the engine and set up the cameras etc but...

Railway buffs have turned up in protest to disrupt it all because it's a real old rusting steam engine.

A 'young relative' of mine came last in a sports-day bicycle race.
He received a medal and a congratulations certificate. (for taking part)
Losing should hurt shouldn't it?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th August 2021, 11:24 AM

People will protest about anything nowadays.

For the last 6 -9 months they have been filming the new Mission Impossible film all around my area.
Tom Cruise has popped up all over Yorkshire.

They are now setting up a scene where a steam railway engine and train carriages go over a cliff into a quarry.
They've laid laid the tracks and brought the engine and set up the cameras etc but...

Railway buffs have turned up in protest to disrupt it all because it's a real old rusting steam engine.

There was a bit on the news this morning, where a couple and their children were rung up by somebody who asked if they could land a helicopter on their field as the airport they were heading for could not take them.
They thought it must be a rich business man, but turned out to be Tom Cruise, who then thanked them with having his photo taken with them and taking the children up for a 15 minute flight over their smallholding. The couple said they would dine out on that tale for years!

And talking of small, as we were - when asked what she thought of it all, the 7 year old daughter said she thought Tom was short and nothing like in the films. Bless. :D

Bank Holiday weekend so I thought I'd take a stroll along the seafront. Never again. On the seafront I saw a couple having a shouting match until the woman smacked her husband in the head and it all kicked off. Then a policeman turned up but instead of trying to calm things down, he starts belting the man with his truncheon. In the end the husband gets the truncheon off the policeman and starts hitting him and his wife with it! Final straw was when this crocodile turned up and stole all the sausages.