Shameless - Series 5

We are almost at episode 10 now and I think this episode has shown different characters off really well, Monica for one has been outstanding and the McGuires really hilarious.. What do you think?

I just got Shameless series 1-4 on DVD. I savor it and watch it sporadically as I will run out of Chatsworth Estate drama all too soon. I love Frank, he is so innefectual in a charming way, heh. All of the characters quickly win you over. When I found out that it was based on the writer's life growing up, I felt bad for days.

Agreed.
I didn't think there'd be any longevity to the series when all the key original actors left (Maxine Peake, Dean Lennox-Kelly, Anne-Marie Duff, James McAvoy) but, fair play to the writers and the cast, this has been a consistently watchable show. I didn't warm to the McGuires at first but the fact that they are now pivotal characters in a still excellent show is impressive work indeed.

Great show. I've not seen any of series 1-3 so I have some enjoyable catching up to do :)

Quote: Mick Green @ March 20, 2008, 11:59 PM

Agreed.
I didn't think there'd be any longevity to the series when all the key original actors left (Maxine Peake, Dean Lennox-Kelly, Anne-Marie Duff, James McAvoy) but, fair play to the writers and the cast, this has been a consistently watchable show. I didn't warm to the McGuires at first but the fact that they are now pivotal characters in a still excellent show is impressive work indeed.

That really did impress me when the above characters left, yet the writing was still on point. Must have been code brown for Paul for a bit!

Aw, look at the doggie!

Quote: ShoePie @ March 21, 2008, 12:01 AM

Great show. I've not seen any of series 1-3 so I have some enjoyable catching up to do :)

I wish I hadn't seen it, just to watch it anew. Enjoy!

It's a bit down my list, but i can't wait to get this. There are so many people I know who will so very muchappreciate it (from some people we've dealt with over the years).

An 8th series has been ordered before series 7 even airs.

Is it a bit too much now?

It's even getting 22 episodes in the 8th series!