BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 11

Quote: jphellpool @ 14th August 2021, 10:02 AM

.................................so helping out at any point would be no problem at all.

You get my vote - Alf!!............

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th August 2021, 9:23 AM

Right. I have being doing some investigations. (I know where to look)

It's futile to start another league as there are methods to reveal the codes.
I say codes as they can easily find the league code and the admin code.

But you do need the suspend button to work - it's the only way to clean up our league as it bans them forever.

Here's a snippet of what I found

If you ever wanted to join a league but could never get the code, type it here and I'll tell you
Joins codes are just the id of the team who made it and the league id, so if my team id is 100 and my league is 1001 then the join code is 100-1001. However, I have automated all that so send your leagues at will

Further reading revealed that they can look at the page code and extract information that cracks the join code.
Not only that - they can become the owner of the league if they so desire.

So someone is doing this and posting the code online for anyone to join.

That info is out of date. League codes don't have dashes anymore.

Maybe, but as you carry on reading - it's a long thread, it gets to the new codes.

It is almost certainly how the password was breached.

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th August 2021, 12:15 PM

That info is out of date. League codes don't have dashes anymore.

Being pedantic isn't going to help.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th August 2021, 1:23 PM

It is almost certainly how the password was breached.

But why is this only now a problem - the Clique league has been running for over 10 years with no problem.

(Waits for Don to give the precise figure)

**EDIT - F**king Hell, there's over 20 interlopers now - this is turning into a farce!!

Sorry just got back, I'll read and answer all the queries shortly. Very quickly no it won't let me change adminner, that was what I tried to do again on GW38 last season, but it had never worked since I started the league. Yes I've gone in through the wheel.

I put identical names in, every letter correct, nothing happens. The suspend button stays grey, pressing return doesn't work. The pink magnifying glass does nothing. I've spent hours trying everything, but these two buttons do not work and do not turn purple. I do.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2021, 3:21 PM

**EDIT - F**king Hell, there's over 20 interlopers now - this is turning into a farce!!

Herc, I guarantee you no more players have got in. There's a big red/pink whatever the f**k, tick in the Close to New Entries box.

Okay, post your new league code here BB, whoever doesn't see it we can PM it to them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 5:02 PM

Okay, post your new league code here BB,

Do you think that's wise, sir?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 5:02 PM

I put identical names in, every letter correct, nothing happens. The suspend button stays grey, pressing return doesn't work. The pink magnifying glass does nothing. I've spent hours trying everything, but these two buttons do not work and do not turn purple. I do.

Did you try this in different browsers? Or after you've cleared the cache?

And I've got the code to the original Clique league if it hasn't changed

Blimey the guy in the lead of the original original British Comedy guide league triple captained Fernandez
nice move even if I can't pronounce or read your team name

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th August 2021, 5:51 PM

Did you try this in different browsers?

just tried this with yahoo, still can't do it.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th August 2021, 5:45 PM

Do you think that's wise, sir?

Definitely. Could save a lot of time PMing, a lot of members have been on the thread today, so why not put it up and save a lot of faffing. Your delete player button works if any more intruders see it. The sooner we get our lot transferred over the better imo.

I really do think that this can be very easily sorted out by us all meeting up at, say, 10.23am tomorrow. My trains are down but I more than happy to walk. I suggest Herc's place. Herc, be a good bloke and do the decent thing. Just stick your real name, your address and a photograph of your house on the next post plus detailed instructions for every one of us on how to get there across fields as no one wants to walk along motorways do they. You can combine mine with Don's if it helps as I know exactly where he lives and also how to get to his place, ahead of us setting out together to where is it? Suffolk? I'll bring a big flask. .

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 7:43 PM

Definitely. Could save a lot of time PMing, a lot of members have been on the thread today, so why not put it up and save a lot of faffing. Your delete player button works if any more intruders see it. The sooner we get our lot transferred over the better imo.

Too late I'm afraid, Alf. I've been busy PMing everybody. There are several who haven't been on here today - and probably won't for some while (Playfull, Ben, Anton Russell, Dan Sweryt...) so they probably wouldn't pick it up otherwise.

I've PMd 14, which, plus myself, makes 15. As far as I can see that's the number of genuine members from the original league.

As well as the above four, I've PMd JP Pass, Don Rushmore, Stephen Halford, Stephen Goodlad, Horseradish, Lazzard, Godot, Herc, Feroree, Alf.

If I've missed anybody - or anyone else wants to join the fun(!) - let me know. Once everybody's in I'll close it to newcomers, let you all know via this thread and you can decide who you want to administer the league going forward and if you want to change the league name.

Joined. Shut the door, f**k em.

So now that I's got 68 points already, I susspose I have to take this thing seriously, innit. Bloody terrible day all round. Not only does my garden now looks like the black hole of Calcutta but all I found - and he was under the peonies which was the last place I thought of - was Troy Sanders. That bloke from Mastadon who tours as the bassist so he says with Thin Lizzy. What can you do? I invited him to have a mug of tea before getting him to confirm he is sort of a member I guess and sign my book. Then I put him as quickly as possible on the nearest bus. The No 60 actually. I don't want him getting up to any antics in my house.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th August 2021, 8:04 PM

If I've missed anybody - or anyone else wants to join the fun(!) - let me know. Once everybody's in I'll close it to newcomers, let you all know via this thread and you can decide who you want to administer the league going forward and if you want to change the league name.

I'm in - well done Billy :) It's 12.30am and there's 10 in so far.

Yes
nice one Billy
But can we make this the last one, I'm in about 5 BCG leagues now and it could have been 6 if I'd have kept the BCG Super Mega league going