BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 10

Has anyone noticed something weird has happened by any chance?

I don't like it as I need stability in my head with recognisable people.

I'm not complaining when people have kindly invited me - but who for example is Don Rushmore?

He got kicked out of the school for handsome boys...for obvious reasons.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th August 2021, 8:23 AM

He got kicked out of the school for handsome boys...for obvious reasons.

:):):)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2021, 6:02 AM

Then why, (snigger) are there only 4 players in the BCG Clique? Whistling nnocently

Maybe I shouldn't mock, as a thought occurred to me - we could all join the original untainted Clique league and save us all a lot of bother. :D

(Apologies to the Clique, by the way - I didn't mean it.) Angelic

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th August 2021, 7:46 AM

Failing that we can use the code for the league I set up, for which the option to suspend interlopers appears to work (I'll change the league name to something more universally appropiate).

Sounds fine to me - looking good for the new manager of the CLIQUE/Cliquers - well done Billy! :D

Haha, I wake to find a mere few points via Arsenal players (grrr, losing 2-0 to Brentford in front of matches with City and Chelsea is not an ideal start to a season at all!), and the league being a bit crowded now!

Right. I have being doing some investigations. (I know where to look)

It's futile to start another league as there are methods to reveal the codes.
I say codes as they can easily find the league code and the admin code.

But you do need the suspend button to work - it's the only way to clean up our league as it bans them forever.

Here's a snippet of what I found

If you ever wanted to join a league but could never get the code, type it here and I'll tell you
Joins codes are just the id of the team who made it and the league id, so if my team id is 100 and my league is 1001 then the join code is 100-1001. However, I have automated all that so send your leagues at will

Further reading revealed that they can look at the page code and extract information that cracks the join code.
Not only that - they can become the owner of the league if they so desire.

So someone is doing this and posting the code online for anyone to join.

Well, it certainly isn't me. A. I am not a mole - I am extremely closely attached to the FBI. B. All my garden is currently being dug up to try to locate a member of Thin Lizzy.

Blimey. Never realised this sort of thing went on. It seems to me, the obvious solution for FPL is to have a system where you have to enter a code AND the actual league name.

I'm in a league where everybody pays a fiver to get in and the pot is split on a sliding scale between the top 3 places. We've had no issues, as yet.

It makes no sense people doing this. None at all. Other than to piss people off.

It's understandable that nobody really wants to compete in a league of six million, but that's not necessary anyway. I'm in an open to all Everton fan league that has 43k members. Everybody is automatically entered into one of these simply by selecting a favourite team. Everybody is also entered into a league for just their country, and on top of all that, you can just join a random public league, that will match you up against 19 others...

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/join/public

"Public leagues allow you to compete against 20 randomly assigned game players in a classic league and up to 16 in head-to-head leagues. You can join up to 5 public leagues.

Note, you can't remove your team from a public league after the league has started, once the challenge is on there's no quitting."

Que pasa?

Quote: jphellpool @ 14th August 2021, 9:36 AM

Blimey. Never realised this sort of thing went on. It seems to me, the obvious solution for FPL is to have a system where you have to enter a code AND the actual league name.

I'm in a league where everybody pays a fiver to get in and the pot is split on a sliding scale between the top 3 places. We've had no issues, as yet.

It makes no sense people doing this. None at all. Other than to piss people off.

It's understandable that nobody really wants to compete in a league of six million, but that's not necessary anyway. I'm in an open to all Everton fan league that has 43k members. Everybody is automatically entered into one of these simply by selecting a favourite team. Everybody is also entered into a league for just their country, and on top of all that, you can just join a random public league, that will match you up against 19 others...

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/join/public

"Public leagues allow you to compete against 20 randomly assigned game players in a classic league and up to 16 in head-to-head leagues. You can join up to 5 public leagues.

Note, you can't remove your team from a public league after the league has started, once the challenge is on there's no quitting."

I like the cut of your jib, young man - another nominee for manager, or assistant to Billy :D (Sorry Alf, but I'm a flighty bugger ) Wave

So what I think people need to do is go through all of our teams and identify anyone who has a ridiculously long list of apparently irrelevant leagues that they belong to as my guess the bad apple will be found there. I am not really allowed to say very often how it is I am so logical. However, to be helpful, I can on this one occasion confirm that I am a member of the Masons, the Oddfellows, the Morris Dancers network and Interpol.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2021, 9:39 AM

I like the cut of your jib, young man - another nominee for manager, or assistant to Billy :D (Sorry Alf, but I'm a flighty bugger ) Wave

*looks around*

I feel I'm the only credible choice :P

Seriously though, I'm happy to help with the running of any leagues, now or in future.

I've never really posted much on here. I got involved in a bit of discussion about one of my passions, sitcoms, about 7 or 8 years ago and then just sort of stopped using social media as much. This was one of four forums I was a member of. The others being football and music related.

I do always take the time though to make sure that my fantasy footy ducks are all in a row, so helping out at any point would be no problem at all.

Daft question.
Does reporting offensive team names open up any sort of dialogue with site Admin (such as it be)?
Is that a way to report the interlopers?

ALSO - are we now quitting this league, or what?

Bugger

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th August 2021, 10:32 AM

ALSO - are we now quitting this league, or what?

Just waiting for Alf to respond to my post of 7:46am and then we can take it from there.