RIP Una Stubbs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/6492/una-stubbs-rip/amp/ By a coincidence, I was just revisiting Till Death Us Do Part. Loved her in Fawlty Towers and Happy Families too.

Oh, that is such sad news :( - loved her in so many things she was in, also not forgetting that she was one of the 1960s Dolly Birds. Lovey

RIP

Oh No.
RIP Una.
And, on a somewhat more selfish note, I was thinking of casting her in something.

RIP Una.

We'll remember her as we go on our Summer Holidays.

Marvellous actress, such a flair for comedy.

She was magnificent. A series of iconic roles that ensure she'll never be forgotten.

She was indeed a great actress and hugely loved by me in the original* Worzel Gummage playing Aunt Sally. I was reading Cliff Richard's autobiography a few weeks ago and he writes about Una in a touching way (as well as boasting how many houses he bought his late mother and sisters over the years, but hey ...)

*I don't want to watch the Mackenzie Crook remake, it looks awful; I may check out the original on BritBox though.

I hope she's having a cup of tea and a slice of cake... RIP

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 13th August 2021, 2:47 AM

*I don't want to watch the Mackenzie Crook remake, it looks awful; I may check out the original on BritBox though.

Agree - I think it besmirches what was a perfect, could not be bettered, series. Jon Pertwee was superb, and with the rivals of Aunt Sally and for short while Saucy (Babs Windsor) Nancy, what more could you want.

I may well now invest in a DVD and wallow in it.

I know its The Guardian, but don't worry, lefty-ism isn't contagious.
But it's nice pictorial tribute.
And even they can't spell Una Stubbs wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2021/aug/12/una-stubbs-a-life-in-pictures

Thanks great photos with lots of familiar faces.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th August 2021, 9:45 AM

Agree - I think it besmirches what was a perfect, could not be bettered, series. Jon Pertwee was superb, and with the rivals of Aunt Sally and for short while Saucy (Babs Windsor) Nancy, what more could you want.

I assume that you're not a fan of streaming HGT? Mind you, the older and crankier I get the more I hate the broadcaster's woke cuts and trigger warnings so that's why Logic Towers is now filling up with more DVDs.

RIP to a great lady.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th August 2021, 9:45 AM

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 3rd October 2021, 12:52 PM

I assume that you're not a fan of streaming HGT? Mind you, the older and crankier I get the more I hate the broadcaster's woke cuts and trigger warnings so that's why Logic Towers is now filling up with more DVDs.

What's streaming. I much prefer a DVD, and I now revive my original thread, as it's suddenly dawned on me that about 10 years ago I bought the original series on VHS from a bargain bucket outside some shop, and later transferred them to DVD.

So, thanks for reminding me BN ;)