Talking Pictures TV Page 10

TPTV has secured its first licensing agreement with the BBC. As a result it will soon be showing Secret Army (not Fairly of that ilk) featuring Jan Francis of Just Good Friends fame (thought I'd better add a comedy reference in there).

I loved secret army. It didn't pull punches.

My husband keeps recording programmes on Talking Pictures TV, he particularly enjoys the 'Look At Life' shorts hailing from the 1960s.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 9th August 2021, 6:06 PM

My husband keeps recording programmes on Talking Pictures TV, he particularly enjoys the 'Look At Life' shorts hailing from the 1960s.

Have been burning them to DVD since they started - I think I have about 30 on there at the moment, but am running out of space.

I love the series! Remember them at the cinema in the 60s. Cool

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th August 2021, 5:10 PM

TPTV has secured its first licensing agreement with the BBC. As a result it will soon be showing Secret Army (not Fairly of that ilk) featuring Jan Francis of Just Good Friends fame (thought I'd better add a comedy reference in there).

And my first sight of the gorgeous Jan Francis. (I shall say zis only once!)

There were four women in it that were all very attractive to me.

Albert's bird, Jan Francis, the blonde one that was also Del Boy's girlfriend in one episode and Kessler's bit on the side.

Sunday 26 September @ 9pm is the date/time for your diary.

Quote: youngian @ 27th April 2013, 7:12 PM

Secret Army was a limited scenario and should have become repetitive after the first series but it was utterly gripping right up until the final episodes. Some great character development especially Bernard Hepton's sometimes sinister and opportunist Albert while Clifford Rose brought some depth and humanity to an odious convinced Nazi commander.

Family of actor Clifford Rose launch appeal to help with care home fees:

https://www.stratford-herald.com/news/amp/family-of-actor-clifford-rose-launch-appeal-to-help-with-car-9215211/

My digi-box is set....................

Sun 12 Sep 12:00 The Footage Detectives

Mike Read joins Talking Pictures TV founder Noel Cronin on his quest to track down old films. The pair uncover a short film from 1958 and look at a recently discovered episode of the series Boyd QC.

Sun 12 Sep 12:30 Boyd Q.C. The Shropshire Lass. 1958.

Drama. Directed by Michael Currer-Briggs. Stars Michael Denison, Ian Ainsley & Barrie Cookson. The 'lost' episode of the British legal programme. (SUBTITLES AVAILABLE)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th September 2021, 12:23 AM

Sun 12 Sep 12:00 The Footage Detectives

Mike Read joins Talking Pictures TV founder Noel Cronin on his quest to track down old films. The pair uncover a short film from 1958 and look at a recently discovered episode of the series Boyd QC.

I enjoyed that. :)

Anyone else watched this?

Lots of familiar faces. The aforementioned Jan "Just Good Friends" Francis, Bernard Hepton was of course the German officer in Colditz and Maureen Lipman's mother from Agony among many others.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075579/

6:35pm tomorrow (Monday): Mystery Junction (1951), starring Sidney Taffler & Barbara Murray, and described by TPTV themselves as a real rarity and one you won't want to miss. This mystery story set on a train and a spookily deserted railway station is full of twists and turns and will keep you guessing until the end. Reviews on IMDB range from "Poor" through "Not too bad" to "Excellent Murder Mystery" with comments including "a nicely composed classical locked-room mystery, decently acted, and brilliantly shot" and "better than a lot of rubbish on Netflix".

There's only one way we're going to find out...

:O Don't know how I missed that on my Saturday week's review of what is coming up on TPTV - have made a note on me pad and will check that tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the reminder

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st October 2021, 11:37 PM

:O Don't know how I missed that on my Saturday week's review of what is coming up on TPTV - have made a note on me pad and will check that tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the reminder

Turns out I had already set it, but means it's the beginning of the end of me brain function. Hello dementia. :(

Did anyone catch the recovered episode of The Dickie Henderson Show in early December? I really enjoyed. Not sophisticated by any means - just funny.