The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 723

Of to Derby tomorrow morning where Rooney says he can't field a full team due to isolation and injuries.
What a shame - we'll still manage to lose though. Sore throat then Saturday night from not being used for a year and half.
Excited like a kid at Christmas.

Hope you don't wet the bed.

I'm sat on the charabanc having a few beers coming home from the match after a 1 : 1 draw.
Oh I enjoyed that.

I'm sat????

Anyway Sutton lost their first league game to a stoppage time goal. Better luck next time (but probably not the league cup tie at Cardiff on Tuesday.

Incidentally just watched The Big Match Revisited on ITV4. They showed Chelsea v Blackpool from 1977. A 2-2 draw on the way to Chelsea being promoted behind Wolves. I had a season ticket that season. £30 I think. Nottingham Forest sneaked through in third place and we all know what happened to them the next season.

And another point. Messi! What a hypocrite! If he felt so much for Barcelona he could afford to play for them for nothing!

Quote: Chappers @ 8th August 2021, 8:43 PM

I'm sat????

Anyway Sutton lost their first league game to a stoppage time goal. Better luck next time (but probably not the league cup tie at Cardiff on Tuesday.

Incidentally just watched The Big Match Revisited on ITV4. They showed Chelsea v Blackpool from 1977. A 2-2 draw on the way to Chelsea being promoted behind Wolves. I had a season ticket that season. £30 I think. Nottingham Forest sneaked through in third place and we all know what happened to them the next season.

And another point. Messi! What a hypocrite! If he felt so much for Barcelona he could afford to play for them for nothing!

Yep, Messi goes from floods of tears to big billionaire grins within hours.

Unless there was a crocodile in that room in Barcelona, I can only assume the French had sent him over a string of onions for peeling just before the journalists walked in..

Quote: Chappers @ 8th August 2021, 8:43 PM

Precisely, the little f**king whingeing wanker.

Tonight's Raith Rovers v Dunfermline game abandoned after 13 minutes at the insistence of Raith's health & safety officer. The lights in the stand weren't working. Ironic really. For the past 18 months when no spectators have been allowed, it wouldn't have mattered!

How big was the crowd?

Quote: Chappers @ 20th August 2021, 9:05 PM

How big was the crowd?

Just over 3,000 according to one source and 4,000 according to another but with respect it is a bit of a daft question when with the lights off it is obvious no normal person can count the crowd.

I have just written to advise Mikel Arteta how to complete the job he is doing. Do a pre match interview slagging off the Invincibles, get his mate Pep next week to play Nice One Cyril over the tannoy and be sure to stick Kate Bush without any form of training in goal. That way I expect he will be able to find the door.

Unbelievable! Manchester United who had Roy Keane in their midfield when they were successful are moaning about a bit of rough stuff.

UNTITLED

Oh Nuno, me deario,, this day you will crunkle it
The Smith has wazzered his Terry-o, The Arteta shall fladge and then flit
Brucie has no backboner, The Potter splunged his in a fit
Bielsa lost his finger-o when stimulatin' a clot

When your Frankel has been Farka'd never jis from boggling up
Don't lose your Pep when Klopp's a doggling Moyles-io his pup
The tree of life all of itself has bark from which we sup
The Ollie-O though drinks his sap from beaver's furry cop

A douche from Dyche, a grommits from Tuchel, nothing could be finer
I Rodgers over here, you Hassenhuttl Carolina
This farmer bold shanks lumps of meat in every moist elm diner
Then loyally cogemplifies a vagin of squirk in a Chinese woman

I plough my ferret, me dearios, eye me wood for Lager runts
Have never been a swearer even though Viera wonks with franticised o-bollogrunts
Xisco'd yes and frequently Benitezied but that is the way the old forest shunts
Of yore, me dearios, always yes and especially when releasing my sackridget into cants.

Actually it does have a title now.

It's called "If Rambling Syd Rumpo Had Also Been Roy Chubby Brown And Syd-Roy Chubby Rumpo-Brown Had Had A Peculiar, Nay, Rambling Interest In All All All Of 2021's Premier League Managers"

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd August 2021, 7:07 PM

Unbelievable! Manchester United who had Roy Keane in their midfield when they were successful are moaning about a bit of rough stuff.

He's portrayed as a witty dry pundit these days (tell us another story Roy about your footballing days)
He was a violent psychopath on the pitch with no control. He purposely meant to harm other players.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th August 2021, 8:19 AM

He's portrayed as a witty dry pundit these days (tell us another story Roy about your footballing days)
He was a violent psychopath on the pitch with no control. He purposely meant to harm other players.

He was no f**king good when he came to manage Ipswich Town. We all thought "At last, a saviour!" - how wrong we all were.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th August 2021, 8:55 AM

He was no f**king good when he came to manage Ipswich Town. We all thought "At last, a saviour!" - how wrong we all were.

I don't think anyone could save Ipswich Town.

Looking forward to seeing Sutton United in their first home football league match.

Due to a cock up with the manufacturers the season tickets haven't arrived yet. Apparently they've also cocked up Wimbledon and Southampton's too.