BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 6

Quote: A Horseradish @ 1st August 2021, 1:10 AM

Yes, very good, if a trifle misleading to new entrants. I do know you are you but I have always picked up on the fact that you also carry a muse. I have never been able to place it before but tonight I'm getting very strong rhythms along my ley lines of Christina Aguilera. Call me uncanny but am I right or am I right?

You are canned and you are wrong you are wrong - I'm playing with a stacked deck.

(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st August 2021, 9:39 AM

You are canned and you are wrong you are wrong - I'm playing with a stacked deck.

Sufferin' succotash. :P

Don't forget we want other people to join chaps

You try getting new players to join then. I've got nowhere. Angry I can only hope our usual players turn up eventually, or it'll be a pretty sad affair this season.

I've got to say, as good as the FPL site looks, the help to get the old league back to where it was has been pathetic, as is the overall info available to do it. Days wasted trying to undo what can't be undone. That said, even if the gatecrashing hadn't happened, we'd still be requiring all the usual players to enter an FPL team for this season. And that doesn't appear to happened for yet for five of last season's players. I'll be happy with 13 but this requires them returning.

Btw for anyone here who plays Sky Super 6, I've set up a BCG league. Code is RX5KK7
For those who don't know it, it's a totally different football game, also free to play. Post here if you want more info or if you already play just log in, press join a league and enter that code. Starts next Saturday at 3pm.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd August 2021, 1:18 AM

Btw for anyone here who plays Sky Super 6, I've set up a BCG league. Code is RX5KK7

Sorry Alf, I give up. The rigmarole of creating an account was just ridiculous - it's a wonder they didn't ask me for my shoe size.

I thought it was a straight forward case of entering your code. :(

Re the Sky Super 6, I do play it most weeks as an individual but the problem with being in a league (as I have tried in the past) is that you really have to be available - and remember - to play it every week and on many Tuesdays or Wednesdays too. Once you've missed a few weeks for any reason, any possibility of doing well in the league disappears accordingly. You also need to have a passable knowledge of the lower divisions.

Also, one would have to enter under one's real name since, it would be a shame to win one week and receive a cheque for £1,000,000 from Sky, payable to Billy Bunter or A Horseradish. Although I suppose for that money you could change your name by deed poll.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th August 2021, 2:48 PM

Also, one would have to enter under one's real name since, it would be a shame to win one week and receive a cheque for £1,000,000 from Sky, payable to Billy Bunter or A Horseradish. Although I suppose for that money you could change your name by deed poll.

I was going to use Adolf Hitler - that would have been "fun".

But as we're on this thread - Billy, why are you not in the Cliquers, but are in the H2H? Alf and I are worried about you. Wave

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2021, 3:27 PM

But as we're on this thread - Billy, why are you not in the Cliquers, but are in the H2H? Alf and I are worried about you. Wave

Sorry, have been away for a week with my nine year old great-niece & five year old great-nephew so haven't had a chance to post or respond to messages.

Thought I might stick just to the H2H this season since there can be no changes to it once it has started. No tardy latecomers, no changing the starting gameweek 6 months into the competition, no threats of being thrown out for any reason and no infiltrators approaching the final gameweek. It's also more realistic because you can select your side to beat your weekly opponent, as in the real world, rather than worrying about what 16 other opponents are all doing at the same time.

Exclusive - The Real Truth About Grealish and Kane

I have had a bromance with Jack Grealish as much as the next man but the adulation in the media is now ridiculous and the money obscene. Be in no doubt that his move will be bad news for Gareth Southgate. In theory, Sterling, Grealish, Stones, Foden, Walker and Kane will all be at Man City. Whatever the rotation, that club will have bought its way to winning every competition and all players will be knackered for England by the time of the World Cup.

This suits Guardiola well. He sits there very possibly with the expectation that he can from a distance queer Southgate's pitch by pulling the strings on how much they all play and even on their availability for international friendlies. Then when Gareth fails, he can demand massive money to manage England on the grounds that he has experience of more than half of the main England team and even shaped them.

Furthermore, Man City have deliberately chosen to be owned in effect by the United Arab Emirates who until January of this year - when new ties were allegedly restored but don't believe a word of it - - have had lousy relations with Qatar. Qatar will therefore have the hump before England even get to take the knee (or a knee as Hugh Woozencroft insists on calling it - bloody annoying as I keep thinking they are all taking an e.)

My main gripe, though, is that with Grealish moving - still to be confirmed actually - and Ings going to Villa, that buggers up the option of having Wally Otkins in one's fantasy football team somewhat, don't it. I think the only thing that softens the blow of any of this is the fact - little known - that Harry Kane has never really in truth existed. He is just a clever hologram of a player who was born in the East End of London in 1901. This was and is Bert Halfacre who would have been a household name now if he hadn't had the strange congenital condition of being only a quarter of a millimetre tall.

Only known to a couple who ran a pie and mash shop in Hackney, they recognised his talent very early on and installed a special tailor made pitch for him inside a King Edwards potato. It wasn't until this century when the potato was rediscovered in fossilised form. His DNA was extracted with a pipette by scientists at Porton Down laboratory before being sent to the Hadron Collider where a big pump had been installed. Air was pumped into him to make him the normal size and beamed into electricity's visual field. A new name and a new voice given. The rest as they say is history. Except someone must have now turned the switch off.

(Written following the attendance at a party by my newspaper's fashion editor Romelu Ward-Prowse)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th August 2021, 4:21 PM

Thought I might stick just to the H2H this season since there can be no changes to it once it has started. No tardy latecomers, no changing the starting gameweek 6 months into the competition, no threats of being thrown out for any reason and no infiltrators approaching the final gameweek. It's also more realistic because you can select your side to beat your weekly opponent, as in the real world, rather than worrying about what 16 other opponents are all doing at the same time.

I can see where you are coming from re select to side to match, but can you influence it that much with only 1 transfer a week, and of course, Godot (if he comes back) doesn't play that, so you won't have to cross his path again. Whistling nnocently
You did have some spats with him, but so did I (many), but at the end of the day he's really only a pussy cat when you get to know him and his football knowledge makes him an asset to the league. We need one firebrand. :D

As for the last week interlopers - well, that's never happened before (ever) and will not again, after Alf realised his mistake in accidentally posting the code - I think he's learnt his lesson. :)

And, the late arrivals are not going to happen again, as I think that was pretty much knocked on the head. You arrive late, you suffer the consequences and pull your socks up from there. No credit. Cool Or we'll send the boys around.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th August 2021, 9:04 AM

As for the last week interlopers - well, that's never happened before (ever) and will not again, after Alf realised his mistake in accidentally posting the code - I think he's learnt his lesson. :)

Er, no I didn't. The non working advice from the FPL had me pressing other buttons to see if they didn't work either. Unfortunately one of them did and regenerated a new code that brought some strangers in. No code was posted.

The Super 6 league now has 3 BCGers and two more are interested. I guess it all depends on if they already play it or not. The govt. have recently made bookmakers add lots of new hurdles to joining, as Herc found out earlier. Used to be easy. Pirate

Feel free to join up at any time for this one, latecomers welcome. You can easily catch up, because thereare so many gameweeks in super 6.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th August 2021, 9:04 AM

And, the late arrivals are not going to happen again, as I think that was pretty much knocked on the head.

If you have team entered in the FPL then it's okay if you arrive here a couple of gameweeks late. If you enter your team in the FPL late then yo can still join our league late, but unlike the exception made last season for returning original member and best thread contributor, we won't restart the league for you.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 5th August 2021, 11:58 PM

Er, no I didn't. The non working advice from the FPL had me pressing other buttons to see if they didn't work either. Unfortunately one of them did and regenerated a new code that brought some strangers in. No code was posted.

A likely story - I'll believe you, thousands wouldn't :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2021, 3:27 PM

Ahh, all is right with the world - Billy is a Cliquer. :D