Both Spice Girls Concerned 22 - 31.7.21 Page 2

Playfull for me.

Well, I chose the wrong round to enter an uncharacteristic one-liner! Some great and complex entries, more than one of which is worthy of winning. I don't hold any truck with giving fractional points, though, not least because Michael has enough trouble adding up integers, anything more might finish the poor chap off.

Speaking of Mike, I liked his sketch, the contrast between ther two voices was nicely played. I thought the ending of "I shagged 'er!!?!" less satisfying, which is weird, because that's the part that's actually true to Bergman's biography. Sketch truth is not the same as literal truth, I guess.

I'm beginning to believe Otterfox is the instrument of a huge gaslighting experiment. Surely this sketch was entered for another round very recently; or am I going insane? There are no rules against re-entering material, I guess.

Lazzard's was very good, a strong simple idea enlivened with some very detailed and ornate writing. One of those sketches where the journey is more important that the destination, and I really liked it.

Crindy's was similarly intensely written, and hats can only be doffed at the scope of the sketch. I think it was a bit long, but then, I also realise that's the point.

Playfull's is simpler, but I do like the compactness,. and I often enjoy sketches about historical figures.

On the balance...Lazzard, I think. But well done, everyone.

Quote: gappy @ 1st August 2021, 12:49 PM

Michael has enough trouble adding up integers,

True enough. Okay then my full single vote has to go to Crindy's. Had the added bonus of a neat layout which reminded me of the use of (cont...) which could come in handy in one or two of mine.

Close run thing. Honourable mentions to Michael and playfull, but I think the reveal at the end of Lazzard's would be a satisfying payoff to see, so I'll vote for that. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st August 2021, 11:38 AM

Crindy's started to worry me that someone had read and copied an old script of mine, The Book Lovers but it soon diverged enough for me not to call my solicitor. Probably deserved to win my vote outright, but I fancy they've somehow cut and pasted an existing ms from their portfolio. ? Apologies if not.

Nope. :) Alas that was the result of a full morning of writing last week. Wasn't going to submit it, given that it's not really in the spirit of the skit comp, but it's not like I'm going to do anything else with it, so there it is.

Lazz Hard.

Between Playful, Crindy and Otterfox. The latter gets it for for the line "These are in fact reading glasses which helps me to read the situation." plus the ending.

Quote: gappy @ 1st August 2021, 12:49 PM

"I shagged 'er!!?!"

Couldn't help thinking of Andrew Dice Clay. Legend. And everyone needs legends. Except Oscar Pistorius, he needs leg ends.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st August 2021, 11:38 AM

A quarter of a point each to Crindy, Lazzard, Otterfox and Playfull.

That's one each cos I am a c**t.