Only Connect Page 59

That question did make sense to me
They just found another albeit slightly too complicated / convuluted sequence that also worked with the first three so she had to give it to them

I got the Beach Boys albums straight away.

What a strange lot on here tonight. Apart from the woman who looks quite normal.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2021, 8:20 PM

What a strange lot on here tonight. Apart from the woman who looks quite normal.

I thought you meant the questions when I read your first bit! As I agree with that. Angry

Got a few of them today
It's always better early on in the series when the questions can be a bit friendlier

What thickos! I got the music link after 2.

(Edited!)

Spoilers

I wouldn't mind if I had anyone to watch it with tonight so I could pretend I'd spotted it myself

It looked like the producer had trawled the wards of secure institutions for some of today's contestants.

I couldn't understand a word the hairy man said, perhaps he'd got his beard stuck in his mouth.

Quote: beaky @ 24th August 2021, 12:20 AM

It looked like the producer had trawled the wards of secure institutions for some of today's contestants.

I couldn't understand a word the hairy man said, perhaps he'd got his beard stuck in his mouth.

I agree. However they often are what you would call not conventional.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 23rd August 2021, 9:50 PM

Spoilers

I wouldn't mind if I had anyone to watch it with tonight so I could pretend I'd spotted it myself

Sorry Steve but you would've got it too.

Well, I thought some of them were shit, and bend their so called "rules", but that's a grievance I have to carry with me.

HOWEVER, perhaps I am being completely dense (I am VERY tired), I still cannot make head nor tail of this one, if someone can explain it to me.........................

Consecutive consonants (Sequence)

HIRSCHSPRUNG has 7
KNIGHTSBRIDGE has 6
STRENGTHS has 5
LENGTH has 4

WHA? :S

HIRSCHSPRUNG has 7 - RSCHSPR
KNIGHTSBRIDGE has 6 - GHTSBR
STRENGTHS has 5 - NGTHS
LENGTH has 4 - NGTH

I think this one came from the 'Shit we're a question short' pile :$

Quote: fasty @ 25th August 2021, 5:18 AM

Laughing out loud

You know, the answer hit me at about 5 this morning - I was so tired and had alphabetical stuck in my head before and couldn't see the wood for the trees.

A question short of a pile. Is that like a sandwich short of a picnic?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th August 2021, 11:28 PM

Well, I thought some of them were shit, and bend their so called "rules", but that's a grievance I have to carry with me.

HOWEVER, perhaps I am being completely dense (I am VERY tired), I still cannot make head nor tail of this one, if someone can explain it to me.........................

Consecutive consonants (Sequence)

HIRSCHSPRUNG has 7
KNIGHTSBRIDGE has 6
STRENGTHS has 5
LENGTH has 4

WHA? :S

The clue is in the answer - although I've no idea what HIRSCHSPRUNG is.

Yer 5 hours too late :P

Quote: Chappers @ 25th August 2021, 11:37 AM

The clue is in the answer - although I've no idea what HIRSCHSPRUNG is.

Quote: fasty @ 25th August 2021, 5:18 AM

HIRSCHSPRUNG has 7 - RSCHSPR
KNIGHTSBRIDGE has 6 - GHTSBR
STRENGTHS has 5 - NGTHS
LENGTH has 4 - NGTH

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th August 2021, 6:07 AM

Laughing out loud

You know, the answer hit me at about 5 this morning - I was so tired and had alphabetical stuck in my head before and couldn't see the wood for the trees.