Starstruck - Series 1

Rose Matafeo's sitcom. I've only seen episode one but I liked it a lot. There's a lovely charm to her writing, the conversations sound real and the humour isn't forced. Also from a personal standpoint, having worked in a cinema, her interaction with the customer was painfully accurate.

I love it but there's NO way those girls could afford that flat in Hackney.

This is quickly becoming my favourite new series of 2021. Matafeo and Sneddon really manage to infuse it with a sweetness that doesn't feel tacky or too saccharine, and it's refreshing to have such a likeable lead character in a word where the narcissism of Fleabag is celebrated as this ideal that writers should aspire to.

The first episode was very, very sweet. It's nice to have a new series that's not bitter and cynical. (So far.)

Just finished it. Now it is definitely my favourite series of 2021. The final episode especially had some lovely moments, the goodbye chat with her best friend being the highlight.

'You haven't seen British comedy until you've seen Manuel absolutely struggle with some plates.'

Lovely line.

I loved this show. It was like something written by Richard Curtis, but you don't want to reach into the screen and strangle every single character in the show along with the writer, producers and director. You actually like the characters. Much applause to Matafeo. She did it. I hope she gets more TV work.

There's a second series being made right now. :-)