Friday Night Dinner - Series 6 Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ 30th June 2020, 11:41 AM

I think it's continually fantastic and hilarious; and the viewing figures are only going up and up.

I have to agree with you, Aaron. I don't think the quality of the series has declined at all.

Quote: G180e @ 3rd July 2020, 12:18 PM

I have to agree with you, Aaron. I don't think the quality of the series has declined at all.

I didn't say it had declined - it's just going nowhere with the same jokes each week, especially the father and two sons. Mark Heap and Tamsin Greig are the only ones to come out of this with some credit.

Is digging up old threads allowed? I missed FND the first time around but after recent mentions on TV thought I'd give it a look and binge-watched the lot.

Let me see if I got this right

Ep 01 Series 01
Sons who have fled the nest go back to parent's each Friday for tea (I'm Northern).
Call each other names like Knobhead and Pus face and put salt in each other's drinks.
Dad says 'bit of squirrel' and 'shit on it'.
Mum says 'chrimble crumble'.
Loony neighbour pops round. Mark Heap reprising his role as Dr Alan Statham.
More inter-family bickering.
The end.

Repeat for 6 series.

Did I miss something?

Quote: fasty @ 3rd June 2021, 5:36 PM

Is digging up old threads allowed? I missed FND the first time around but after recent mentions on TV thought I'd give it a look and binge-watched the lot.

Let me see if I got this right

Ep 01 Series 01
Sons who have fled the nest go back to parent's each Friday for tea (I'm Northern).
Call each other names like Knobhead and Pus face and put salt in each other's drinks.
Dad says 'bit of squirrel' and 'shit on it'.
Mum says 'chrimble crumble'.
Loony neighbour pops round. Mark Heap reprising his role as Dr Alan Statham.
More inter-family bickering.
The end.

Repeat for 6 series.

Did I miss something?

I think you pretty much nailed it. :D

No idea what series it was but I just watched the episode with the piano tuner. And Mark Heap's character's bath caught fire. Classic!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd June 2021, 10:32 PM

I think you pretty much nailed it. :D

Spot on: this series was SO overrated!

Quote: gb901 @ 3rd February 2023, 7:59 PM

Spot on: this series was SO overrated!

Compared to other "comedies" at the time this is one of the best.

Just watching this on 4Extra. It just got me wondering why writer Robert Popper didn't do any other shows. I see he did lots of production but he doesn't seem to have written anything else.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th February 2023, 10:23 PM

Just watching this on 4Extra. It just got me wondering why writer Robert Popper didn't do any other shows. I see he did lots of production but he doesn't seem to have written anything else.

His background is slightly more in the production than directly creative side, so lots of production and script editing credits, but he has written quite a bit over the years too!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/robert_popper/

Quote: Aaron @ 17th February 2023, 10:31 PM

His background is slightly more in the production than directly creative side, so lots of production and script editing credits, but he has written quite a bit over the years too!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/robert_popper/

Thanks Aaron. I tried Googling and nothing much came up.

A few radio things there plus some never broadcast. I'll have to check them out.