I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,306

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th July 2021, 6:17 PM

Take it, it's a good source. But if you can cast doubt go right ahead.

Very hard to cast doubt on source you won't reveal - apart from the obvious one.

I see Brussels asked that the European flag be flown at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games.
It's a short story, they said f**k off.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd July 2021, 5:15 PM

I see Brussels asked that the European flag be flown at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games.
It's a short story, they said f**k off.

Maybe they - the EU - should enter as one country like the USA. That way they'd probably win a few medals.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd July 2021, 6:27 PM

Maybe they - the EU - should enter as one country like the USA.

Isn't the USA one country? Huh?

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd July 2021, 7:12 PM

Isn't the USA one country? Huh?

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. And THEY are the United States of Europe.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd July 2021, 7:50 PM

Not really, they're a union of independent countries, and I doubt any of them would like to change that.

Don't wish death on anyone, really.
But if there was to be a list, vax-denier Kate Shemirani would be at the top of it.
This is what happens when you allow idiots to think their opinion matters.
Back under your rock you murderous bitch.

Free speech and all that. I defend her right to say what she thinks, even if it is total bollocks.
There are mullah's on the street chanting death to none believers. Which is worse?
Your average person knows it's just hot air and nothing comes of it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th July 2021, 10:22 AM

Free speech and all that. I defend her right to say what she thinks, even if it is total bollocks.
There are mullah's on the street chanting death to none believers. Which is worse?

Both are as bad as each other.
Both are preaching death.
With you on free speech - but lies need to be called out.

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd July 2021, 8:49 PM

Not really, they're a union of independent countries

If that's really true, why did we leave? And many of them in landlocked Europe are not feeling very independent anymore.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th July 2021, 10:42 AM

If that's really true, why did we leave?

Good question AJK.
Could it be not everything we were told was true?
Heaven forfend.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd July 2021, 7:50 PM

We know that's what the EU wanted with this ever closer political union crap. Hopefully, us leaving has warned the others to stop it it happening, as there seems to be a great deal of anti Federal EU sentiment about in Europe since.

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th July 2021, 10:47 AM

Good question AJK.
Could it be not everything we were told was true?
Heaven forfend.

No, of course there was all sorts of biased BS being spouted by both sides, but in the end, most of the voters' minds were made up long ago, and were going to vote their way no matter what was said. That's the way I saw it. Entrenched minds on both sides, unlike a general election, this was an issue people strongly linked with, as you'd expect.

Guess who's in the news today. That thug Joey Barton. Why does nothing he does surprise me?

And why does the right on media treat him like an intelligent footballer?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57960977

Agreed.
But it's the below average people I worry about.
And, mathematically speaking, there are plenty of them.

I defend her right to say what she thinks, even if it is total bollocks. There are mullah's on the street chanting death to none believers. Which is worse?

Muller fruit corner or homeless priests, either way the street seems to be an overflow ward for the NHS and easy pickings for radical politicians and journalists (left and right). Surely the best way to keep hate speech and bollocks talkers off the airways it to better fund the NHS ? These people aren't happy and anti depressants are cheap. "Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." King Jr Hug

** I know it won't work on everyone, but it's a start.