The Olympics Page 123

Quote: roscoff @ 20th February 2014, 3:08 PM GMT

I'm with Old Rocker here. How come the women curlers are so photogenic? Is their some kind of non-ugly policy? Of course I only watch it for the aesthetic sporting content :$

Well a few of the men aren't too shabby either!

One of the men had his top off earlier, the commentator when a bit silly. :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ 21st February 2014, 2:59 PM GMT

Silver would still be a great achievement. :)

Yes it would, but I think they would enjoy it much more if they'd put up more of a fight, especially as it's mainly through their own mistakes that they are being hammered. :(

Yeah. :/

Quote: Nil Putters @ 21st February 2014, 3:01 PM GMT

One of the men had his top off earlier, the commentator when a bit silly. :D

Laughing out loud
That really made me laugh hahaha!
"I think he's been asked to.... ooooohherrr..."

Quote: Nil Putters @ 21st February 2014, 10:47 AM GMT

Really can't be bothered with the figure skating

Aww, really?
It's so beautiful to watch, I think the skaters are amazing. I would love to be able to do it.

Quote: zooo @ 21st February 2014, 10:49 AM GMT

I still don't get Curling, and I never will. :(

I'm pretty sure I've got it all now.
It did confuse me for ages though wondering where the heck this flippin hammer was >_<
I kept looking at their brushes trying to see if one was a hammer :D

Quote: Hannah G @ 21st February 2014, 3:16 PM GMT

Aww, really?
It's so beautiful to watch, I think the skaters are amazing. I would love to be able to do it.

It's just a bit boring.

Aww, bad luck to the men, but they should be proud of their silver.

Quote: Hannah G @ 21st February 2014, 3:16 PM GMT

It did confuse me for ages though wondering where the heck this flippin hammer was >_<
I kept looking at their brushes trying to see if one was a hammer :D

Laughing out loud

These Canadian's are a bit up themselves eh.

Well we've done pretty well, incredibly unlucky in the skating tho, 3 medals we were denied. Have you ever seen anything like that? That to me is blatant victimisation on film, I'd sue the bastards. The first one fair enough, her fault. Not the other two. They let one of the others get away with blatant barging in the same race and yet she was allowed to qualify. :S Staggering arbitrary reffing, they need to take a look at themselves that bunch of ...

The WO is nuts, out of all the ridiculously dangerous events they have I still find Curling the most riveting.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 22nd February 2014, 7:26 AM GMT

Well we've done pretty well, incredibly unlucky in the skating tho, 3 medals we were denied. Have you ever seen anything like that? That to me is blatant victimisation on film, I'd sue the bastards. The first one fair enough, her fault. Not the other two. They let one of the others get away with blatant barging in the same race and yet she was allowed to qualify. :S Staggering arbitrary reffing, they need to take a look at themselves that bunch of ...

The WO is nuts, out of all the ridiculously dangerous events they have I still find Curling the most riveting.

I don't think the sport did itself a lot of favours - three ignominious decisions against one woman.
Up to then people were thinking it pretty cool - like the curling, ski-X etc - with the uptake in the sport that usually follows.
But last night just smacked of arbitrary closed shop idiocy.
To not be able to question decisions like that ...?

Shock, horror! Some Golfers are talking about pulling out of the Olympics because of the Zika virus.

Look! GOLF IS NOT A SPORT! It has no place in the Olympics!

Haven't seen as much this year as I'd have liked especially of the alpine skiing which is usually my favourite. Keep seeing the boring bloody ice dancing instead of Slalom or downhill when I switch on. Getting to like some snowboarding though like the big air and halfpipe stuff which is basically spoilt little teen dudes on skateboards without wheels. Takes some bottle though doing those stunts on what is a pretty hard surface.

Watched the Brits lose to Sweden in women's curling and they were outclassed to be fair. Will do well to get another bronze but that's probably that team's limit. What I've noticed most of all though is how the Germans are starting to take over many events. Won all medals in the Nordic, most in biathalon and beat Canada in men's ice hockey which is unheard of. What on earth has happened to Finland, once so strong in Nordic and ski jumping not to mention ice hockey? Have they all moved to England where there is no snow? Errr

China are hoping the Winter Olympics go ahead so that they can make money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55938034

Don't just boycott because of human rights issues.

They gave the world this bloody virus!

Quote: Chappers @ 4th February 2021, 8:24 PM

China are hoping the Winter Olympics go ahead so that they can make money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55938034

Don't just boycott because of human rights issues.

They gave the world this bloody virus!

Canada's Olympic organizers will warn athletes to watch what they say in China next year, out of fear of a national security law in Hong Kong that has been used to arrest Beijing's critics.

"There have been dissidents in Hong Kong who have been taken away and charged for saying things that have been contrary to the Communist Party of the Chinese government's policies," said David Shoemaker, chief executive officer of the Canadian Olympic Committee.

"So we will talk to our athletes about the implications of what they say and of the topics that they choose to speak about."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-canadian-athletes-cautioned-on-speaking-out-at-beijing-olympics/

Especially if they talk about geezers with tits winning all the female competitions.

Putting aside the wisdom of holding an Olympics now, I'm still looking forward to watching a lot of obscure sporting events I'd never watch normally.

(Although if you're planning to get your knickers in a twist about athletes taking the knee, save it, nobody's interested.)

One of these days a country will finally introduce Turkish oil wrestling as a new Olympic sport, and that is the day I will start watching.