Freedom Day. Page 6

Quote: zooo @ 21st July 2021, 9:56 PM

It actually got a lot better while people were following the rules. And now it's raging again because the government, and some of the public, have decided to totally undo everyone's hard work.

The masks only came off two days ago, so any impact has yet to be felt. It was already raging before "Freedom Day".

They're not listening now, I guess they never will.

I don't even know what the whole argument is on here
as it's hard to tell

Quote: DaButt @ 21st July 2021, 10:21 PM

The masks only came off two days ago, so any impact has yet to be felt. It was already raging before "Freedom Day".

And is this in Texas ?
Because over here people have been eschewing the masks willfully for quite a while or just wearing them as Chin Hammocks

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st July 2021, 10:47 PM

And is this in Texas ?
Because over here people have been eschewing the masks willfully for quite a while or just wearing them as Chin Hammocks

I was speaking about the UK; Texas hasn't had a mask mandate in more than two months, although it was always more of a "please wear a mask" request than a "you will wear a mask or else" kind of situation.

I just got back from Home Depot (a DIY store) and I saw only one mask out of several dozen customers and employees. It's no longer second nature to grab a mask when I get out of my car.

Off to install a new toilet. I might wish I had a mask when I open up the connection to the sewer line. Sick

EDIT: The governor of Texas just made this statement:

"There's no more time for government mandates," Abbott says after explaining how others know what practices they should adopt if they want to protect themselves. "This is time for individual responsibility, period."

Additionally, Abbott says children won't be forced by the government or schools to wear a mask in the fall. He says it will be the parents' decision moving forward.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st July 2021, 8:33 PM

You are a year behind, catch up.
Why are you totally ignoring the vaccine?
Is it because you'd not be able to continue your propaganda?

Because you can still spread when you are double vaccinated - more so with one jab.
Huge swathes aren't vaccinated yet - not including your dickhead relative and his anti-vax mates.
Literally the best way to create variants - the kind that can completely dodge the vacinne and set us back to where we started- is to have high levels of infection amongst a partially vaccinated population. That's science.
The best way to create a long covid crisis that might last years is to let it rip amongst the unvacinnated young. That's science.
And all this risk, so that you don't have to wear a mask.
I'd call that selfish.
Or stupid.
Or both.

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2021, 11:42 PM

Literally the best way to create variants - the kind that can completely dodge the vacinne and set us back to where we started- is to have high levels of infection amongst a partially vaccinated population. That's science.

There were variants cropping up before the was a vaccine - that's what viruses do. We're lucky to live in countries with good vaccination rates, but huge swathes of the planet will take years to catch up - if they ever do.

Every scientist seems to say the same thing: we're going to have to learn to live with Covid, because it isn't going to go away - even if we all wear masks and stay home.

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2021, 11:42 PM

And all this risk, so that you don't have to wear a mask.
I'd call that selfish.
Or stupid.
Or both.

Do you really think that I or anyone that thinks like me are not aware of all the available facts?
But you continue with the stupid and selfish line.

How about herd immunity? If there was no such thing, the human race would have been wiped out long ago.
There have been far worse virus's (viri?) in the past with no protection and yet - here we are.
I read that well over 90% of the population now have antibodies. That is herd immunity.

And don't forget, all this mask wearing and isolation (of which I rigidly stood by) was to not overwhelm the NHS and have dead bodies piling up. It was sensible at the time before a vaccine or herd immunity
So it's easy to come to the conclusion that it worked and still works.

Look at all the mass mask-less gathering that have occurred over the last 18 months. The numbers are in the millions.
The deaths aren't though are they.
Fear makes people do and say strange things.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st July 2021, 10:47 PM

eschewing

Bless you. Is it hay fever, I get it terrible at the mo. Eschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing >_< See.

Are you hoping to get chin hammock in the Oxford dictionary? Pingdemic's a certainty. Nice word too. One of the upsides of a killer virus.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd July 2021, 8:09 AM

Do you really think that I or anyone that thinks like me are not aware of all the available facts?

Yet you 'dodge' the two points I made.
What is your position on variants?
I can probably guess your position on Long Covid.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st July 2021, 11:49 PM

There were variants cropping up before the was a vaccine - that's what viruses do. .

Exactly.
They invade the body and try to find a way to get round your defences.
Doesn't matter if your defences include man-made vaccines - they'll give it a go.
The beta (South African) variant, for example, is already thought to be quite good at dodging the AZ vacinne.
So having a huge amount of disease about - with plenty of vaccinated people to practice on - significantly increases the odds of a super-strain developing.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st July 2021, 10:03 PM

Let alone London where I live which is f**king mobbed, and full of more than it's fare share of Morons

Do you feel at home there?

Yes
Because it's where I live