Freedom Day. Page 5

I advise all you on here that piss in the same pot to go live your free lives.
That's not legal just advice.
You've been in these sort of moral wars before and lost them all. You'd think you would learn.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th July 2021, 4:49 PM

You've been in these sort of moral wars before and lost them all. You'd think you would learn.

Anyone know what he's on about?

Not really. I too will mask up when necessary. At work it's compulsory - I work in a hospital. On London Transport it's still compulsory.

I went to a gig last night. Only about 150 people I would estimate. They said 65% capacity I think. I was standing although the majority were seated quite closely. Between drinks (3 1/2 pints) I wore my mask too.

We're told now it's a choice but you can tell the type of people who refuse to.

Its a mess.
The government "expects and recommends that people continue to wear a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces".
So why not mandate it?
The trouble is, they want their cake and eat it too.
Look all gung-ho to the anti-lockdown backbenchers - but don't want to be accused by the voters, the bulk of whom would prefer a more cautious opening up, of chucking petrol on the fire.
Charlatans..

Quote: Chappers @ 21st July 2021, 4:18 PM

Between drinks (3 1/2 pints) I wore my mask too.

So does the virus not spread when you're drinking then?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st July 2021, 5:21 PM

So does the virus not spread when you're drinking then?

No, but obviously the risk is reduced by factor based on time spent in venue versus time spent mask-less.
4 hours on, 1 hour off - efficacy reduced by 20%....?
(God my maths is shaky)

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2021, 5:58 PM

No, but obviously the risk is reduced by factor based on time spent in venue versus time spent mask-less.
4 hours on, 1 hour off - efficacy reduced by 20%....?

That might be true if you're wearing an N95-grade mask properly and washing your hands and replacing it with a fresh one every time you touch it, but how many people actually do that? Most people are wearing cheap cloth masks and reusing them, so the efficacy is very low to begin with.

Its lower, but not 'very low' - certainly in terms of transmission (protection is harder - but that's no why people should be wearing them)
However, I think my formula still stands - just with a lower base vaule.
ie a mask some of the time is better than mask none of the time.

It's more likely to be 4hours off, 1 hour on while people are eating & drinking.

The percentage of difference between Covid-diagnosed people who wore masks and didn't wear masks is so small as to fall within the margin of error. Cloth masks offer a tiny amount of protection/prevention, but the real culprit in transmission is the hands. If you are in close contact with a bunch of people and one of them has Covid, you're very likely to get it. The virus doesn't care if you're wearing a mask or social distancing - if you come into contact with it, you'll get sick.

Well, if you're making physical contact with someone, then you're a mug.
That's why we've had no hugging or handshakes for months.
But actual physical contact aside, you'll get it from droplets in the air - a mask helps stop you spraying it about if your infected.
The mask is about protecting others.

You are a year behind, catch up.
Why are you totally ignoring the vaccine?
Is it because you'd not be able to continue your propaganda?

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2021, 7:12 PM

Well, if you're making physical contact with someone, then you're a mug.
That's why we've had no hugging or handshakes for months.

Touching a doorknob, tap handle, loaf of bread at the store, or an Uber Eats bag is essentially the same as shaking hands with an untold number of people.

The UK endured a lengthy lockdown that few Americans would have stood for, you're fining people, enforcing quarantines, imposing strict travel bans, doing contact tracing, and requiring masks up until a couple of days ago, yet the virus is still raging. That tells me all that I need to know about how effective our prevention efforts have been.

Texas has been completely open for some time, mask use is way down, and it's business as usual, but our deaths and hospitalizations are remaining reasonably low, thanks to the vaccination program. At this point, it's down to "Get vaccinated and accept whatever level of risk you're comfortable with, but let the rest of the people get on with their lives."

It actually got a lot better while people were following the rules. And now it's raging again because the government, and some of the public, have decided to totally undo everyone's hard work.

The population density of the UK is quite a bit higher than Texas, and I don't mean how stupid we all are I'd give the stats but yours are in square miles and ours are in square kilometres

Let alone London where I live which is f**king mobbed, and full of more than it's fare share of Morons