GB News Page 8

Why are you mentioning it? You've made it obvious you don't like or watch the channel.
You should have said, inline with this being a comedy site, 'first time I've heard of a rat jumping on a sinking ship'

Alas, the channel has made some poor decisions. The morning show is very amateurish with unknown presenters and bad lighting and picture quality. Not to mention their channel number is too far down for browsers to come across.
(I did read this was on purpose by the carriers)
Sky have a whole bunch of news channels next to each other on the channel list - but not GB News.

I would presume the investors have budgeted for a years funding. Plenty of time to improve.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 9:39 AM

'first time I've heard of a rat jumping on a sinking ship'

Very good.

I read that Katie Hopkins is being thrown out of an Australian reality show and then the country itself for deranged right wing tweets, so there'll be a berth for her when she gets back.

Yeah, she got pissed with power.
I used to agree with a lot of what she said but she went too far down the road.

It seems to be going down the toilet. I suppose there are just so many news stations now that people can't be arsed with a new one whatever its viewpoint is. A shame really.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 10:45 AM

Yeah, she got pissed with power.
I used to agree with a lot of what she said but she went too far down the road.

Yep just the right amount of hatred and bigotry and callousness and spite is fine

But when it goes just a bit too far
It's simply just not on

She struck me as someone with a personality disorder, very narcissistic. If it was put on, she'd have become an actress, she was that keen to get her mug on telly.

Being a nasty twat has been a way of getting on in the showbiz world for a few years now

Simon cowell, Gordon Ramsey, Jeremy clarkson, Ann Robinson- all horrible bastards

An interesting list of people that never made it as actors, but were keen to be on telly. I guess they were being themselves. Teary

I like that one of the three subjects they endlessly talk about is cancel culture and how bad it is. Then Guto Harri takes a knee, is suspended by his bosses and then effectively cancelled by GB News viewers in a torrent of abuse. It's almost like GB News and it's viewers are everything they say they hate about left.

Quote: chipolata @ 20th July 2021, 9:41 AM

GB News and it's viewers are everything they say they hate about left.

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." ~Carl Jung

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 9:39 AM

Not to mention their channel number is too far down for browsers to come across.
(I did read this was on purpose by the carriers)
Sky have a whole bunch of news channels next to each other on the channel list - but not GB News.

Well this is nonsense! It's in amidst all the other news channels on all platforms I've seen.

Sky, for example, runs news channels from 501 to 524, with some SD variants around 880. GB News is on 515.

Freeview has SD news channels from 231 to 236, the latter of which is GB News.

There really is some crazy conspiracy theorising amongst certain groups over this channel - both pro and anti - none of which stand up to a moment's scrutiny.

Quote: Firkin @ 20th July 2021, 9:52 AM

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." ~Carl Jung

Bloody hell, it's not often you get Carl Jung quoted on the BCG! :D

Quote: chipolata @ 21st July 2021, 5:52 AM

Bloody hell, it's not often you get Carl Jung quoted on the BCG! :D

The foreman who prayed at work?

I'm resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone here watch GB News now/still? Of possible interest to readers of this forum, they have a few comedians as regular news commentators nowadays, i.e. Leo Kearse, Rhona Cameron, and my favourites are Dominic Frisby and Simon Evans (the latter of which switches between various beard styles with impressive frequency).

I can't say I'm a big fan of it, but it's interesting to dip in and out of, if you'll pardon the expression.

Get me some more of this Raging Bull Biltong!