Freedom Day. Page 4

I'll still be wearing my mask and keeping socially distanced for as long as possible. Minor inconvenience to protect my vulnerable family members. During flu season, I'll do the same.

If I'm wrong, I'll have wasted a little bit of my time. If "anti-maskers" are wrong, they'll have killed or severely caused many people lots of long term illness and misery. But that's the way of these people, if it doesn't effect them directly, it's not their problem.

All news reports seem to indicate the British public are being wisely cautious.
It'll drift down, but we're starting from a re-assuringly high base of compliance.
Perhaps it's Freedom from Idiots Day.

Quote: Lee @ 19th July 2021, 6:38 PM

I'll still be wearing my mask and keeping socially distanced for as long as possible. Minor inconvenience to protect my vulnerable family members. During flu season, I'll do the same.

If I'm wrong, I'll have wasted a little bit of my time.

I'm the same. I have a 93 year old nan, and a mum who's 62 and asthmatic, so it's more for them than me! (I'm 37, no vulnerabilities, and having dose 2 of the vaccine next week).

Hate wearing these masks, but if it has even just a little chance of helping, I'll carry on doing it. It's not that often I need to anyway as my workplace are still working from home and returning to the office in September (as it stands), and I've only used trains a few times recently (pub garden drinks for mate's birthdays).
Mostly I'm wearing it in shops. And I hated supermarkets before the pandemic and have been a "go in, get what I need, and go" guy for years, so I'm not having to wear it in them for long anyway, ha.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 12:57 PM

Topic was freedom Day

The only FREEDOM that this date gives is the Freedom to get infected with Covid-19 a lot quicker than before.

The 'night-club' scenes on the news were utter madness.

The young don't care how many older people they will put through absolute hell and the venue owners don't care how many contacts of their customers die early, as long as that owner can't be legally blamed and the profit rolls in.

Oh and mr Goodlad, of course the overall death rates averaged over a long enough period are static. It naturally equates with the birth rate, because everyone dies eventually. What Covid-19 and careless celebrants do is shorten the lifespan and steal from the older persons those retirement years that they worked all their lives for.

Bs

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th July 2021, 7:29 PM

Bs

And above gentlefolks we have a classic case of the "I'm all right, Jack" syndrome. A disease spreading among the young, more rapidly than Covid-19 ever did.

I presume Stephen is an orphan or foundling with absolutely no aged relatives, if not his mother should give him a sound spanking and send him to bed with no supper.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th July 2021, 7:29 PM

Bs

Enough with scientic theories, already.

As I've said many times, if you want to wear a mask, f**king wear one. It's now not compulsory so quit the shaming and holier than though stuff.
The 'I wear a mask and you're a c**t if you don't ' is indicative that you are a self satisfied smug tosser.
Or a rubber backed wimp.

I'm not going to state the obvious but everybody who could be vulnerable has a very high degree of protection.
Vulnerable people die every day with or without a virus

Yes but the problem is, I also want every-other-f**ker to wear one too.

There's no point in us all washing our hands if we're going to live in shit city.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th July 2021, 10:20 PM

As I've said many times, if you want to wear a mask, f**king wear one. It's now not compulsory so quit the shaming and holier than though stuff.
The 'I wear a mask and you're a c**t if you don't ' is indicative that you are a self satisfied smug tosser.
Or a rubber backed wimp.

I'm not going to state the obvious but everybody who could be vulnerable has a very high degree of protection.
Vulnerable people die every day with or without a virus

Your lack of understanding combined with your lack of empathy for your fellow man is, frankly, jaw-dropping.
But I know it doesn't matter what I, or anyone else say, you'll do what suits you.
Well done, mate.

There was something deeply ironic and telling about the fact Boris Johnson did his Freedom Day press conference from isolation.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th July 2021, 11:52 PM

Your lack of understanding combined with your lack of empathy for your fellow man is, frankly, jaw-dropping.
But I know it doesn't matter what I, or anyone else say, you'll do what suits you.
Well done, mate.

Case proven M'lud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th July 2021, 7:05 AM

Case proven M'lud

Your welcome.
Though I have to admit, I thought you'd put up more of a fight.

SG is a classic example of why it was necessary to make covid-protections into legal requirements.

He is totally ignoring the actual advice in the July 19th declarations. Which is that the LEGAL requirement has been removed but the ADVICE is basically to continue the protection techniques as before.

Masks/No-Masks is only a tiny portion of those.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th July 2021, 10:02 AM

Your welcome.
Though I have to admit, I thought you'd put up more of a fight.

Laughing out loud