Freedom Day. Page 2

It's what they do - it's calculated and it shows exactly what they think of us plebs.
They try it on to see if they can get away with it.
If it turns out they've gone too far, they pull back, suddenly experiencing collective memory-loss.
It's happened on 'Taking the Knee' - they think they've got public opinion on their side - then when they realise they haven't, they sound the retreat.
But they're always pushing...it's insidious.

How can you tell your arse from your elbow when you're U turning so rapidly?

Quote: beaky @ 18th July 2021, 10:36 AM

Talk about this government being hostages to fortune! They gamble everything on an arbitrary date .

Boris is a sound bite jurno junky, he's realised our attention spans are shrinking. He got away with the bus brag.

Will tensions build between mask wearer and none wearers ? I intend wearing a World War II gas mask around Tesco's, just to break the tension a bit.

Johnson has winged it all his life. He should remember Icarus.

Quote: Firkin @ 18th July 2021, 11:42 AM

Will tensions build between mask wearer and none wearers ? .

I don't think so - people will just give the selfish buggers a wide berth.
It's not like its hard to tell who they are.

"We can't tell them that, all hell will break loose"

"Well we will just do it anyway and see what reaction we get..."

Next day.

"Yep - all hell has broken loose"

"Ok then, we won't do it"

That's how they come up with policies on a weekly basis

Topic was freedom Day but feel free to use it as a lefty attack on the government.
Try balance your arguement by what should be done.
That's the tricky bit eh so you'll ignore it.

I asked for facts earlier, I got poll results. You do remember how accurate these polls have been in the past. Polls are not facts!

But how else do you judge public opinion if not by polls? Even if you asked every person in the country their opinion on something, that's still a poll...

That's the point. They don't. And why they are totally unreliable.
But one poster stated it as a fact.

Do you know anyone who has ever been polled?

Maybe you remember the scene in Yes Minister where Sir Humphrey did two polls with Bernard on the same subject but from different angles. He gave 2 answers.

I shall wear a mask if requested, either verbally or by signage, in the same way that, if requested, I would take my shoes off when entering someone's property - their property, their rules. And, if it makes people around me feel more comfortable, albeit maybe a placebo effect, then so be it.

However, why anyone thinks these flimsy bits of material (especially when half of those that do wear them seem to think, for reasons best known to themselves, that their noses have nothing to do with their breathing in and breathing out) actually do any good is beyond me. For the first two or three months of the pandemic, we were assured by both the WHO and the government that they were ineffective. In fact we were told that they did more harm than good due to the constant touching of our faces when putting them on, taking them off and adjusting them. Plus the contamination of the mask itself.

And, of course, people legitimately remove their masks when eating, whether in a hospitality environment or on public transport. But as far as I know there has been no research to show that the passing on of infections is miraculously halted for the duration of all meals.

There was an experiment last year, run by scientists in Denmark, in which 3,000 volunteers wore masks and a further 3,000 did not. 1.8% of those wearing masks caught Covid compared to 2.1 per cent of those who didn't. The scientists concluded that the difference between the two groups was 'not statistically significant'. https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/do-masks-stop-the-spread-of-covid-19-

With regard to travel by public transport, the British Rail Safety and Standards Board concluded, after experiments, that the risk of infection per passenger journey was only 1 in 11,000. https://www.rssb.co.uk/en/what-we-do/insights-and-news/news/Rail-still-safer-than-road-during-Covid-19

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 1:32 PM

That's the point. They don't. And why they are totally unreliable.
But one poster stated it as a fact.

Do you know anyone who has ever been polled?

Maybe you remember the scene in Yes Minister where Sir Humphrey did two polls with Bernard on the same subject but from different angles. He gave 2 answers.

I know this is not related to the current situation, but I would not give a pollster the time of day, since way back in the mid 60s they were asking young people (I was then :( ) what radio station I listened to and when I said one of the pirates, they put me down as a don't know, and I noticed that all the other tick boxes were BBC channels.

So, f**king waste time and the Beeb got to hear what they wanted, arseholes.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 12:57 PM

Try balance your arguement by what should be done.

I just did ! Wear World War II gas masks. If enough of us do it people will think they've started filming Dr Who again.

Forget about polls, we've got Pontius Pilate as PM, pushing all the highly complicated decision onto the public whilst half his party ignore their own recommendations. Maybe the NHS will give us all scalpels and ask us to find our own organ donors next, as part of "Freedom Day"

I'll still be wearing a mask in certain situations out of choice such as trains and buses. Actually Khan has said it's still compulsory on London Transport although all along I've seen those who refuse to with nothing said or done about it.

Apparently Piers Corbin (brother of that twat) says that only ugly or stupid people would wear a mask. What's his excuse then?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th July 2021, 3:33 PM

Actually Khan has said it's still compulsory on London Transport although all along I've seen those who refuse to with nothing said or done about it.

F**k Off! YOU tell him