Favourite My Family character? Page 2

The bloke at the end who says "Next on BBC1 ....."

Funnily enough just been re-watching this on iPlayer and got about as far as I did last time which is shortly after Nick leaves. What started as a surreal and often funny comedy even if it was set in a very traditional sit com world became very tedious around series 5 onwards. There were some quite clever setups mainly around Ben and Nick but later series seemed to just rely on really stupid characters doing stupid things and it just felt very lazy. The characters also became much more unpleasant especially Janey and Michael.

So short answer Nick.

Never...............Ever.......................Watched it The promos I saw just jarred with me for some reason.

Me neither. I saw a few minutes and the canned laughter after every minor joke line was enough for me.

Favourite character was possibly the original son, favourite actor in it Lindsay, he just becomes the natural centre of everything he's in, for me. The casting changes for the same characters are something that just should not happen anymore! Would have lost me as a viewer if I was in the first place.

Wannemaker was interesting to watch but far too airy and dramatic to be a credible middle class mother, imo. She looked like she belonged in a far artier non family sitcom. Didn't get her casting at all, although it was interesting seeing her out act the others most of the time. I wasn't an avid watcher of it but it was an inoffensive family sitcom that many liked so fair play to it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th July 2021, 7:53 PM

Favourite character was possibly the original son, favourite actor in it Lindsay,

Same.