What are you watching on TV? Page 2,215

Shania Twaine can't conjugate verbs. That don't impress me much.
Just heard that Elvis can't conjugate verbs. I'm all shook up.
One Direction are shit.
Watching New Order. Feels like I've been here before.

"Casablanca" was on BBC2 this afternoon, and so I set the digi-box as it, again, was a film I'd only ever seen bits of on a blurry, hazy post Sunday "lunch".

Bloody good film actually, with of course, one of the coolest men on screen, Humphrey Bogart. Even the way he smokes a cigarette is all testosterone and sex. If I was a woman, I would. "Here's looking at you kid"

Along with Ingrid Bergman, Claude Rains, Sydney Greenstreet and Peter Lorre amongst a host of others, what's not to love.

Yes, fantastic film,I've got some of his on tape ,that one,The Big Sleep,The Maltese Falcon,Key Largo.To have and have not.
But not a tape machine anymore.Some of them with Lauren Bacall too.I'll have to get something sorted.

I transferred mine (some 300 tapes!) to DVD a few years back, all authored with chapters and menu by the way; but mind you, I was in a job where I could do them while I was working. ;)

Are you being served?

One of them has a contagious virus and so they all have to go into isolation

Hmm...

Watching the Chase.

"What sensory organ has a cornea transplant" answered by a one-eyed man.

Sorry!

66 World Cup final - in colour

George Cohen was f**king shit

The recording I made of the film "Gravity", which was on the Beeb last week - I don't know what all the fuss was about and it seemed to stretch science plausibility.

My son got bored with it when it first came out, but I stuck with it as it was only 1½ hours long.

I'm with Herc in being disappointed about Gravity. After 2001 perhaps we expect a mystical element to sci if films.

It was hopeless.

I'm quite enjoying Sweet Tooth (Netflix) - a very charming take on dystopia.
And finishing off Motherland - which is an absolute f**king joy.

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th July 2021, 6:34 PM

66 World Cup final - in colour
George Cohen was f**king shit

Did you watch the whole game? It's true he made some clangers and had a howler of a shot at goal. (Who's goal?) But he made up for a fair few of them with one of the most energetic performances on the pitch. 2nd half especially he got stuck into everything remotely near him, not always with much grace, but got up the pitch like a wingback once or twice and while he was at the back made a couple of great long ball passes along with Bobby Moore, who were both having to do Bobby Charlton's job on a rare off day for him. Ball, Moore, Hurst, Cohen, Wilson, Styles, maybe Peters although he didn't do that much apart from his goal were our best players that day imoo. In that order.

Which brings me to ask you if you want to join our BCG FPL team. Please go to the FPL clique league thread if you want to.

Quote: beaky @ 17th July 2021, 9:42 AM

I'm with Herc in being disappointed about Gravity. After 2001 perhaps we expect a mystical element to sci if films.

Yes, I was expecting something weird or arcane at the end, but it just fizzled out...........all in all, rather pointless.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th July 2021, 9:44 AM

And finishing off Motherland - which is an absolute f**king joy.

Just watched episode 1 based purely on your glowing recommendation there

T'was ok

Nice to see a cameo from the "I'm on probation!" chap, from Ideal...

Opening episode of Baptiste(S2) was fantastic - one of he best openers to a thriller I've seen in ages - it's all on iPlayer, so I might binge this one.

I want to know if that was Baptiste's real pandemic beard. It certainly didn't look fake.