Saucy seaside postcards Page 18

Years ago I enquired at a Greetings card (and postcard) manufacturer whether they were taking submissions.
They replied with a very none committal answer saying if I send 10 of my best work including artwork - they would take a look.

I had no 'artwork, I presumed they would do that. Just good greeting card jokes.
There was no internet or home printers in those days so had to fold A4 paper into a card and a friend who was 'arty drew them. (he was on a profit share with me from the proceeds)

Eventually (6 months) I received a letter saying they would use just 1 and I would be paid £10 once it had gone into print.
The company was called Rust Craft and about that time, they were taken over.
I never received my tenner but the card was printed. I saw it on the shelves of greeting card shops.
Those were the days I thought getting published was going to be easy.

I'd pursue that just on principle. Or sue them? :D

You have to be ancient to get the pun. :D

Still broadcasting I think.

Is it? Well, what do I know - I only remember the Six-Five Special. Ill

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th July 2021, 3:38 PM

Still broadcasting I think.

"Greetings, pop pickers - not half"

Mercilessly parodied by Harry Enfield

Quote: beaky @ 16th July 2021, 11:33 PM

Mercilessly parodied by Harry Enfield

Dave Nice..................."Let's Rock"

Is that the original ?Where it all started.

Can't date it, but certainly could be a candidate. (I also thought the euphemism was much more recent)

I love the smile on the cat's face. :D

The young Mrs Slocombe

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th July 2021, 9:01 AM

Can't date it, but certainly could be a candidate. (I also thought the euphemism was much more recent)

There was a 1931 song by Harry Roy & his orchestra My Girl's Pussy. Very risqué for the time.

(Have patience, it is almost a minute before the vocals come in.)

Laughing out loud Love the words! Ooer missus. I can imagine the vicar's wife fainting when she heard it at the local Darby and Joan club.