The general pop/rock - music thread Page 223

Get Back: Interview with Paul Jackson on his new Beatles documentary
Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, but Paul Jackson's new documentary shows a more positive side as the Beatles were having fun. While Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, Paul Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side to the Beatles, as they were having fun. By showing that the Beatles were having fun and not at loggerheads, Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side.
So how does Paul's Get Back differ from Let It Be?
'It shows a more positive side to the Beatles,' Paul reveals. 'In Let It Be, they're at loggerheads, but in Get Back, they're clearly having fun. By showing the Beatles were having fun, I show a more positive side to the Beatles. It's more positive because they're not at loggerheads. They're having fun. And by showing that the Beatles were having fun, and not just at loggerheads, it shows them from a different, mote positive side.'
Paul McCartney agrees. 'When you watch Let It Be, it's like we're at loggerheads all the time. But we were having fun! And I think that's how Get Back differs from Let It Be. It's more positive, I guess. It shows us having fun. It's like, Guys, we're having fun. We're not necessarily - I don't know, at loggerheads all the time. And I think Get Back shows that. It shows a group just - well, just having fun. Not, like - you know, at loggerheads. It's a more positive side.'
Ringo agrees too. 'When you watch Let It Be, you get the impression we were at loggerheads. But Get Back shows a more positive side to us. A side where we have fun. It's more positive because we're having fun. We're not - how can I put it? - at loggerheads all the time. We're having fun too. And I think that shows a more positive side to us.'
So, what can viewers expect to see from Get Back that they didn't see in Let It Be? Let's hope it shows a more positive side to the Beatles as they're having fun. And not at loggerheads.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th July 2021, 10:56 AM

Get Back: Interview with Paul Jackson on his new Beatles documentary
Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, but Paul Jackson's new documentary shows a more positive side as the Beatles were having fun. While Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, Paul Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side to the Beatles, as they were having fun. By showing that the Beatles were having fun and not at loggerheads, Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side.
So how does Paul's Get Back differ from Let It Be?
'It shows a more positive side to the Beatles,' Paul reveals. 'In Let It Be, they're at loggerheads, but in Get Back, they're clearly having fun. By showing the Beatles were having fun, I show a more positive side to the Beatles. It's more positive because they're not at loggerheads. They're having fun. And by showing that the Beatles were having fun, and not just at loggerheads, it shows them from a different, mote positive side.'
Paul McCartney agrees. 'When you watch Let It Be, it's like we're at loggerheads all the time. But we were having fun! And I think that's how Get Back differs from Let It Be. It's more positive, I guess. It shows us having fun. It's like, Guys, we're having fun. We're not necessarily - I don't know, at loggerheads all the time. And I think Get Back shows that. It shows a group just - well, just having fun. Not, like - you know, at loggerheads. It's a more positive side.'
Ringo agrees too. 'When you watch Let It Be, you get the impression we were at loggerheads. But Get Back shows a more positive side to us. A side where we have fun. It's more positive because we're having fun. We're not - how can I put it? - at loggerheads all the time. We're having fun too. And I think that shows a more positive side to us.'
So, what can viewers expect to see from Get Back that they didn't see in Let It Be? Let's hope it shows a more positive side to the Beatles as they're having fun. And not at loggerheads.

Watching people having fun is boring. Watching people at loggerheads is way more fun.

Yes but in Let It Be, they're clearly at loggerheads, whilst Get It Back shows them in a more positive light as they're having fun.

What the frig is a loggerhead anyway?

It's something the Beatles appeared to be at in Let It Be, but Get Back reveals they were actually having fun too. Overall, a more positive side.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th July 2021, 6:17 PM

What the frig is a loggerhead anyway?

It's in Wales. https://www.clwydianrangeanddeevalleyaonb.org.uk/projects/loggerheads-country-park/

I went there with my girlfriend. We got stuck.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th July 2021, 6:19 PM

It's something the Beatles appeared to be at in Let It Be, but Get Back reveals they were actually having fun too. Overall, a more positive side.

When I watched Let it Be I didn't really notice they were at loggerheads

They just seemed to be bitching at each other like a set of old women

I don't know what the hell was eating George Harrison anyway

Take a chill pill you fab , but bad tempered hippy

The interesting thing is that in Get Back they're having fun. So it's a more positive side.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th July 2021, 7:25 PM

Mel C

Did you know your future wife is presently on Celebrity Gogglebox, with some bloke - she's deceiving you. :O

She'll do anything to make me jealous.

Quote: chipolata @ 12th July 2021, 9:46 AM

It's a good throwaway little pop song. Like Barbie Girl by Aqua. That's a good little throwaway pop song too.

You can't suck up to Aaron like that.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th July 2021, 3:08 PM

Tut, tut, sucking - that's all you think of Dave. Sex, sex, sex.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th July 2021, 3:08 PM

You're right. There must be easier ways.

I've just got a ticket to see Chris Difford on Tuesday. Very small venue. It was rescheduled from my birthday (26th June) which I couldn't attend because a "surprise" party was being arranged but that didn't come off either.