Technical help needed Page 8

Quote: beaky @ 13th July 2021, 4:03 PM

Herc, have you ever considered that you may be...HAUNTED ?

:(

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th July 2021, 6:09 PM

If your computer is 386 architecture with a greater than 0.7 nano metre buss, combined with a cpu speed of less than 33mhz then the PCI slots will overflow and cause a divide by zero error.
The zero error will appear at the northbridge and be pushed to the midi output causing loss of sound.

Yes yes, I knew all that. :S mutter, mutter, must think I'm fick or summat

Quote: DaButt @ 13th July 2021, 6:34 PM

I doubt there are many people using Opera as a browser. I'm sure that Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Safari account for about 98% of the site's users.

Thanks DB. I'll look into that. Never had much trouble with IE in the past, which pisses me off now.

All the programmes on my Skybox guide are an hour out. They're telling me that they are starting an hour later than they actually are - ie it is still working on BST. Anyone else got this problem?

Same here.
Was very confused for a while - thought I was watching a 2 hour edition of Countryfile

Glad it's not just me then. Thanks.

This has happened to me before, and it's cropped up again...............

Trying to log into my bank it states "Bad request Your browser sent a query this server could not understand."

So, I change from Opera to Firefox and that works fine, which of course, I can continue to do; but I was curious to know why it happens?

The usual cure is to clear cache/data history.
So I guess by going to a different browser, whatever is causing the problem is no longer present, as the problematic cookie or corrupted thingumabob is on the first browsers cache?
Anyone else? Ideally someone who knows what they're talking about.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th March 2022, 4:20 PM

Anyone else? Ideally someone who knows what they're talking about.

?

You've reminded me - I think that's what my son did to clear it before. BUT Why does it keep happening? Do things get clogged up? Seems odd to me - I dust me keyboard and clean the monitor screen regularly, and give the mouse a good soaking in the washing up bowl.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th March 2022, 4:42 PM

?

Do things get clogged up?

I think that's the technical term, yes.
Along with turning it off and turning it on again, that's about the limit of my technical skills.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th March 2022, 5:58 PM

I think that's the technical term, yes.
Along with turning it off and turning it on again, that's about the limit of my technical skills.

Have you tried an enema?

Bought this drone cheap at a boot sale last weekend, but I'll be blowed if I can see how, you charge it up and there seems to be parts missing.

Can anyone help?

It's missing its thingamejig.

Thank you Bill, can't find that on Google - would a thingamabob do the same job?

No a thingamabob won't work here, but you could try a spinning truss, though there's no guarantee at all how long that will run for.

Quote: billwill @ 18th October 2022, 1:47 AM

No a thingamabob won't work here, but you could try a spinning truss, though there's no guarantee at all how long that will run for.

Won't Liz object?

Hey ho, the wick on the spinning truss has already gone out.