The general pop/rock - music thread Page 222

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2021, 8:53 AM

You can shove that tart Britney Spears (dressed up as a schoolgirl promoting paedophilia) in with her too,

Jesus Christ, at LAST someone else agrees with me that that vid was seriously disturbing. Thank you. And it doesn't get much more pathetic than pandering to pedo wank fantasies to sell your f**king shit music.
I keep forgetting shit pedo vids. Oops I did it again. One more time.

Quote: chipolata @ 11th July 2021, 9:13 AM

but the talent is undeniable.

In the words of Sylvia Plath, bollocks. I remember when Madonna did her 'Still sexy at 56' photoshoot and everyone was all 'Omg, still sexy at 56, AWESOME...' Yeah, awesome photoshop, makeup, lighting and plastic surgery. I thought it was the saddest thing I'd seen in my life, an OAP who STILL wants to be wanked over. I could almost her her sad, weedy little voice behind every photo: 'Please wank to me... PLEASE, Sir... Look, I have two titties, just like Katy Perry... Tell me they're not worth a drop of your spunk, Sir... (Sob) Tell me you can't eke out a dribble of jizz for old Madge, Sir.' Feminist icon, eh? And if you're not convinced - if you're STILL one of those berks who thinks this is self-empowerment - ask yourself why Paul McCartney doesn't do the same on his birthday. 'You'd still f**k me, right girls? Look, I've still got a dick, and it works. Tell me you can't get yer fab four up yer fanny for good ole Macca, lasses.'
And before you moan about my language, ask where the real vulgarity lies: women degrading their bodies in 2021, or me for pointing it out.

Dude you got to let this go...

The other thing that cracks me up is how these women go on about being the self-empowered, in-control sex, but whenever they're criticised for exploiting their bodies, It's always, 'Men tell us to.' That's the excuse you get from five-year-olds, isn't it? 'Why did you throw stones at my cat?' - 'Umm, he told me to! He smell. He not my fwend any more.' Take responsibility, you silly cow.

If Madonna threw stones at my cat I'd chin her

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 11th July 2021, 8:02 PM

Jesus Christ, at LAST someone else agrees with me that that vid was seriously disturbing. Thank you. And it doesn't get much more pathetic than pandering to pedo wank fantasies to sell your f**king shit music.

This is the second time in as many weeks we agree on summat - Now I'm worried!!

The sad part is that these women become role models. Instead of aspiring to be politicians, poets or medical researchers, girls should wanna give dirty old men boners. Girl Power! And because I don't blindly respect all women but dare to criticise the ones who deserve it, it's always, 'Got a problem with women, Mike? Misogynist, eh?' You don't call a whore a whore because you hate women, but because you want to respect them and are sick of seeing them make fools of themselves.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 11th July 2021, 8:02 PM

In the words of Sylvia Plath, bollocks..

As ever on the subject of music, films and TV, Michael, you're completely wrong. :P

Madonna may well have weaponized and used sex to a depressing, embarrassing and often cringeworthy degree, but she also gave us great pop songs like Express Yourself, Vogue, Papa Don't Preach, Holiday, Ray of Light, etc. Songs that will easily stand the test of time.

You're so right... Yup, she's totally degraded the image of women, but 'Holidaaaay! Celebraaate!' That makes up for it. Pure Dark Side of the f**king Moon.
It's like when you say, 'Michael Jackson, maybe he WAS a pedo, eh?' And some dingbat goes, 'Well maybe - but he was a great dancer.' Like that makes it okay. Molest all the kids you like, just as long as you do that awesome moonwalk afterwards... Actually, I think he only invented the moonwalk to confuse little boys. 'What direction's he tryna chase me from now?'

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th July 2021, 7:39 AM

You're so right... Yup, she's totally degraded the image of women, but 'Holidaaaay! Celebraaate!' That makes up for it. Pure Dark Side of the f**king Moon.

It's a good throwaway little pop song. Like Barbie Girl by Aqua. That's a good little throwaway pop song too.

Quote: chipolata @ 12th July 2021, 9:46 AM

Barbie Girl by Aqua.

Just tell your parents you're gay. Saves time.

What about all the boy bands that use sex to sell their wares?

Same thing really

I remember Take That dancing around half naked dripping in friggin oil etc

Not at the same level. No one goes on telly looking like they've just woken up, but you never got Bros doing wank studies, calling it '''''Erotica''''' and flogging it as coffee table fodder. If you look at singers before Madonna, there was far less sex.

Sex sells buddy - always has done

She 'used' it - and she's the most famous female pop singer in history

Go figure

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th July 2021, 7:28 PM

Not at the same level. No one goes on telly looking like they've just woken up, but you never got Bros doing wank studies, calling it '''''Erotica''''' and flogging it as coffee table fodder. If you look at singers before Madonna, there was far less sex.

Whether or not she used sex to sell records (she did) is irrelevant. Many of the songs were good.

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th July 2021, 7:52 PM

Sex sells buddy - always has done

She 'used' it - and she's the most famous female pop singer in history

Go figure

Yeah, people are animals. Big deal. The Sun outsells The Bell Jar.
That ain't an achievement: it's just a sad reflection on what a bunch of c**ts we are. 'The charisma of Siouxsie, the talent of Adele, the commitment of Lennox' - 'F**k that, 'ere's someone you can slap yer salami over. She's just like totally awesome, dude.' That's the real sexism. Imagine if The Rolling Stone used the same criteria: 'The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits? Nah, Justin Bieber, he so CUTE!' And the weird part is that if you criticise these women, you have a problem. It's like saying, 'Don't like Hitler? You f**king racist. We do not tolerate anti-Germanic sentiment on these forums. Get out, xenophobe.'

Quote: chipolata @ 12th July 2021, 8:03 PM

Whether or not she used sex to sell records (she did) is irrelevant. Many of the songs were good.

Fairly shit in my opinion. Any good stuff comes from the people around her.
It's extremely relevant. 'Jimmy Savile molested kids? Doesn't matter, he did some great TV.'