Euros 20/21 Page 20

C'est la vie!

Italians are so proud to've beaten the English, they're singing We Are The Champions. In f**king English.

Not sure we could have done much more.
Proud losers we will have to be.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th July 2021, 9:32 AM

WTF was Southgate doing with Grealish? Has he got an injury they've kept quiet or has Gareth lost the plot?

Pirate

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 11th July 2021, 11:09 PM

Italians are so proud to've beaten the English, they're singing We Are The Champions. In f**king English.

I like one of the Italian signs in the crowd "Football's coming Rome" :D

Quote: playfull @ 10th July 2021, 12:48 PM

I only hope Southgate makes any (required) substitutions with at least 30 mins to go, not with the usual 8 to 10 mins,

And personally - love Saka, love Grealish but i want to see Chiellini & Bonucci's faces if Foden gets on.

Why does he struggle with Subs? He says he could have made subs in normal time -"but they might have lost". That says it all!

Ah well. For a while it looked doable, but as the night wore on we seemed to revert to the script of the last fifty plus years.

Ah, who gives a f**k?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2021, 11:50 PM

I like one of the Italian signs in the crowd "Football's coming Rome" :D

Now you know where I get my stunning sense of humour from.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th July 2021, 7:41 AM

Now you know where I get my stunning sense of humour from.

Not sure about the "stunning sense "...........or "humour", when I think about it :P

The Police investigate racist abuse of the most successful England team since 1966 ! Clearly taking the knee is still necessary. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57800431

Yes, cos it's working.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th July 2021, 11:29 AM

Yes, cos it's working.

Isn't it just

That's a bit like saying an advert that makes most people buy a product failed, because a small number of people didn't buy it.

Quote: Firkin @ 12th July 2021, 12:41 PM

That's a bit like saying an advert that makes most people buy a product failed, because a small number of people didn't buy it.

Not really. The "advert" hasn't made most people buy the product. Most people were already buying the product. The question is, has it made anyone who was not already buying the product do so? Or is it in danger of alienating their original customers?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th July 2021, 1:03 PM

Not really. The "advert" hasn't made most people buy the product. Most people were already buying the product. The question is, has it made anyone who was not already buying the product do so? Or is it in danger of alienating their original customers?

If the original customers are mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging racists, I say alienate away!

On the subject of taking a knee, I was in a pub during the first England match and the only people who booed during the players taking a knee was a table full of boorish oafs who we were thoroughly embarrassed to think were English.