The All In One Consolidatory Golf Thread Page 13

Riveting Sleepy

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd February 2018, 8:55 AM

Sorry to resurrect the golf post, I know it's not of the least interest to 99.9% of posters (A good walk spoilt and all that)

Resurrecting, ironically given my reply to the last post from Stephen and to show that there are other sports going on at the moment if you don't like football (I think there's some tennis on at the moment too), to highlight what must have been the unluckiest golf shot ever for Sergio Garcia in the US Open. Bad luck to hit the post, but then to roll back to where he was standing is hysterical. Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud The way he watches the ball come back makes it even funnier.

I looked at my clubs in the garage not long back. They have not moved for probably 2 years.
I pulled a 7 iron out of the bag just to feel it again.
Ugh, all the grips have grown a thick layer of white and green mould.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th June 2021, 10:20 AM

I pulled a 7 iron out of the bag just to feel it again.

Call it what you like, and I bet you did, all alone there in your garage. Dirty boy!

I've started playing a bit of pitch and Putt again in the park nearby, does anyone else here play at all?

Not anymore. I let my expensive clubs rot.
Well, the grips anyway. I have ordered some new grips and I'll be selling the full set.

Well I'm not one to blame Brexit for everything, but Europe done bad this time around

Iv'e never cared for Padraig Harrington and his team choice this year was lamentable.
He chose friends and 'has been's' and out of form golfers. I half expected Colin Montgomerie to be in there.
So many brilliant European golfers were ignored.

But the Americans excelled their selves this year - not the players but the spectators.
The rudest, bad mannered, and cheating people ever to be seen on a golf course.

Booing every European golfer on the tee and making noise during the backswing,
Cheering and shouting obscenities when a poor shot was made but worse...
Purposely preferring the lie of a usa ball and walking on a European ball.
That is actively interfering with the game.
(For none golfers - preferring the lie means moving it to a better spot for an easier shot)

Congratulations to the USA team, you played some fantastic golf.
Especially Bryson DeChambeau.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th September 2021, 9:00 AM

Iv'e never cared for Padraig Harrington and his team choice this year was lamentable.
He chose friends and 'has been's' and out of form golfers. I half expected Colin Montgomerie to be in there.
So many brilliant European golfers were ignored.

But, of course, he only has 3 picks. The rest are automatic, based on rankings.

As I say every two years (or three in this instance) it is a ludicrous concept anyway - joining up with the rest of Europe just because, for a few years in the past, we couldn't beat the USA on our own (although nowadays we'd have more chance). We might as well invite Federer, Nadal and Djokovic to join our Davis Cup team.

The UK and Europe spend most of our time in confrontation with each other while we are told we have a "special relationship" with the USA. Then, for three days every two years, we are supposed to get behind a team of Spaniards, Italians and, yes, on occasion, even French and Germans, against our traditional allies.

Ludicrous!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th September 2021, 9:00 AM

Booing every European golfer on the tee and making noise during the backswing,
Cheering and shouting obscenities when a poor shot was made

At least two of their playing squad were acting as booleaders, that was what surprised me more than the unsporting crowd, but yes they've got really bad now. It just goes to show how classless the USA has become. This is definitely not the way golf used to be played.

Nice looking golf course though, links courses here tend to look a bit rough and wild, not in America it seems, where it's has to be manicured to a millimetre. Probably not a course for the Scottish golf purists.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th September 2021, 9:37 AM

But, of course, he only has 3 picks. The rest are automatic, based on rankings.

I'm guessing Stephen meant his choice of pair ups but I could be wrong. I thought Garcia was wasted in the Rahm pairing, two strong inform players when several others were not in good form. He could have helped one of the out of touch players like Fleetwood or Westwood. Just 3 picks held them back here I think. Justin Rose should have been there imo.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th September 2021, 9:37 AM

Then, for three days every two years, we are supposed to get behind a team of Spaniards, Italians and, yes, on occasion, even French and Germans, against our traditional allies.
Ludicrous!

Yes it does seem odd, especially when we've been thrashing them in wars for the last 700 years or so. The French are still a bit touchy about that.

We haven't got enough skilled workers to win a war now. Luxembourg could probably take us.

Just watching the conclusion of the Masters
Rory is giving it a good go, but he's a bit too far behind barring any Masters Disasters from the leader

Rory just chipped in from the Bunker for a 64
one off the Augusta record

Scheffler misses his Birdie Putt, he's 3 ahead with still 5 holes to play

It's not over till it's over